Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 01:19:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 134157 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 11:38:40 PM »

Count is Finished - 100% of Precincts in.

Jones - 670,551 49.9%

Moore - 649,240 48.4%

Write Ins - 22,777 1.7%

21K Margin. Probably too high to steal without a heavily concentrated effort. Moore however is not conceding and believes in a recount.

I'm hoping after provisionals and the like, Jones will pick up the 1500 some votes to win an outright majority. Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 11:39:14 PM »

From CNN

A source close to the White House says tonight's result is "devastating for the President."

"This is an earthquake," the source said. "It's Virginia but on steroids."

This source put some of the blame on Steve Bannon. "The President has egg on his face," because of Bannon, the source added.

Bannon told Trump if Moore lost, Democrats would feel emboldened to go after the President on sexual harassment issues, this source who is familiar with Bannon's pleas to Trump explained.

"That's why Trump had to do this," the source continued.

"The President invested his political capital and it blew up in his face," the source added

A separate source who advises the White House said "this is bad."

"The RNC and White House political shop must feel uneasy about their futures," this source added.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2017, 12:03:56 AM »

Moore can't legally ask for a recount if the margin is over 0.5, right?
He can if he pays for it. He could pay for a recount even if he lost by 20 points.
does he have the cash?

His legion of gullibles will fork it up to prevent brimstone, damnation, hellfire, and multiculturalist Democrats.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2017, 12:05:04 AM »

Moore just said God is in control.  Well God just said Bye Bye!

The Moore crowd was singing hymns.  Sacreligous. My wife is so mad she is spitting nails.

Wish I could "like" this post. A lot. Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2017, 12:08:16 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm the quack? LOL.

NYT had the race at 10% Jones at one point. Yeah, sure I missed. But we're in recount territory. I did predict Jones under 50 percent well early.

So obviously I was close. Just gotta tweak a few things.

Please, child. They also had him as low as .2% as well. They switched their voting scale based on returns, but almost always had Jones winning. You "called Moore winning' with most of the vote out based on your "formula".

Seriously, you've been a complete dick tonight in every single post. This isn't an issue of politics, just playing nice. Hell, even Naso has shown some class here.

So to repeat, until you learn how to talk with grown-ups, GTFO.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2017, 12:09:40 AM »

I'm 49.9% so as well. Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2017, 12:10:41 AM »

Christ. Sir One-Note continues to battle against the dark forces in America.

Sexually assaulting teenage girls isn't "dark forces"?

You need a date, but I suspect you would only get one "Roy Moore style".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2017, 12:12:05 AM »

I am a white woman from Alabama and I am deeply shocked, I stayed at home because I could not vote for Moore, but it hurts my heart that a Democrat wins the state, it really is a nightmare.

It's the first time I've felt so bad

May I ask why it is a nightmare? If you couldn't for for Moore, what other outcome were you hoping for?

I thought it was a safe race no matter what my vote, I really hope this comes to court

Obvious troll is obvious.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2017, 12:21:50 AM »

Okay, please don't say stuff like this. Going on a date or having sex doesn't make one mature, and implying that it does is disgusting. As much as I dislike what Ben has posted here tonight, implying that he is inappropriate with women (and/or girls) is also just wrong. If you want people to grow up, be the change you'd like to see, please.

Sorry, no. I'm not going to coddle people who excuse their support for a serial boderline pedophile and sexual assaulter in jaunty "bro" language. The world has gotten too damn crazy, and people who follow that route need to be taught--harshly if needed--that such views are grossly and contemptibly outside ALL norms, political or otherwise. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 12:22:55 AM »

They had Jones winning by 10% at the same time. What kind of model is that? Mine had a slight Moore lead, but a lead nonetheless and got gradually more confident as time went on.

Christ. Every other post in the hour before the election was 'pedophile'. You want class? Clean up your own cesspit. Also you had Extreme, me and classic as 'pedophiles' for standing up for Moore.

Whatever you say, Sir One-Note.

So proclaims Queen Broken Record.

GTFO.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »

Okay, please don't say stuff like this. Going on a date or having sex doesn't make one mature, and implying that it does is disgusting. As much as I dislike what Ben has posted here tonight, implying that he is inappropriate with women (and/or girls) is also just wrong. If you want people to grow up, be the change you'd like to see, please.

Sorry, no. I'm not going to coddle people who excuse their support for a serial boderline pedophile and sexual assaulter in jaunty "bro" language. The world has gotten too damn crazy, and people who follow that route need to be taught--harshly if needed--that such views are grossly and contemptibly outside ALL norms, political or otherwise. 

This isn't about coddling. It's that your statements are inappropriate, as well. If you want to chew him out, by all means, do so. But don't try to make sex and dating the definition of maturity, because that's sexist and disgusting.

It was a twist on saying he needs laid, which I wholeheartedly stand by. The reference to "date" instead of sex played into the imagery of his buffoonishly thug-like champion endlessly trying to date high school teenagers while in his 30's.

You don't have to look to hard to find this chewing out to be devoid of sexism. Men who defend such behavior in others, let alone normalize it, are vastly more likely to engage in such activities.

So again, Ben probably needs sex as a more productive and humanizing outlet (though couldn't we all? Tongue), but the way he minimizes and normalizes sexual assault of young girls is scarily indicative he'd use any opportunities to engage in such behavior himself.

There. I said it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies