NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:06:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!  (Read 94042 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: March 30, 2023, 05:01:15 PM »

Democrats want to run against Trump . Republican voters : You need to vote for DeSantis to ensure democrats don’t get what they want from this witch-hunt

Why is this a "witch hunt"?

Because Trump's in trouble.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 05:15:37 PM »

Woodbury, I'm being serious right now. Be very, very careful with what you say next..
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 05:20:23 PM »

Democrats want to run against Trump . Republican voters : You need to vote for DeSantis to ensure democrats don’t get what they want from this witch-hunt

Why is this a "witch hunt"?

Democrats are charging him over something like this so he can look like a poltical martyr to republicans as they want to run against Trump in 2024.

Much as this is hard for Republicans to grasp, the Justice Department is not at the beck and call of the President, and the Attorney-General is not the President's personal lawyer.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 06:30:27 PM »

Former Attorney General Bill Barr

"A Pathetically Weak Case"

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6323962566112

You don't have to change the location of the trial. This case is weak.

Bill Barr said the Mar-a-Lago document saga is the more serious case.

Yeah. Barr totally is 100% above board.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 09:13:35 AM »

We're weeks into the trial ... When Trump first got indicted, I remember reading claims that merely being on trial would hurt Trump's image or bring down his polls. I don't think that's happened. The mere fact that he's on trial has done nothing to him politically.

I feel that regular folks might know that Trump is on trial, but few of them are reading live updates by the hour, parsing through dry witness testimony and lawyerly questions. A handful of us ITT have been following the trial in detail, but we are the hardcore political followers (else we wouldn't even be aware of this site, let alone have accounts). Even I admit that some days passed where I didn't bother to read much about the trial beyond the New York Post's headline

Maybe the absence of courtroom video makes following this trial less enticing for regular people (the GA trial is the only one that would be videotaped). And maybe a guilty verdict would finally doom Trump. But as of now, this trial hasn't brought down his numbers

I think it's the nature of the case. People see "hush money trial" and they think "really, they're putting him on trial for THAT?" Basically a much-ado-about-nothing, which I agree with. It's obviously politically motivated and people see that which is why it's not hurt him. Some of the more serious cases against him could be a different story, but it looks like none of those will happen before the election.

Your both flailing. If you think Democrats haven't got some vicious attack ads about "Convicted Criminal Trump" ready to go, then you're naive at best.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies