NY: Trump on Trial! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:39:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Trump on Trial! (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: NY: Trump on Trial!  (Read 74754 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2023, 02:39:20 PM »

Why hasn't the charges been released to the public yet?

On NBC, they're just running through the document on the air. A lot of charges are "falsifying business records".
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2023, 02:44:25 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2023, 03:12:44 PM »

Given these charges and Alvin Bragg record of having being weak on far more serious offenses , I don’t know how the argument can be made that these weren’t politically motivated . The precedent this opens up is gonna ruin American politics for a while to come

Well, that assumes a Democratic president is accused of similar wrongdoings, which I doubt. But even if, that would still justify an investigation or more. Politicans shouldn't be above the law, no matter whether there's a (D) or an (R) next to their name. Other corrupt officeholders like Blago were impeached and thrown in jail as well. France also arrested a former president not too long ago.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2023, 03:16:05 PM »

It's also quite smart Biden didn't weigh in so far and just lets this unfold as he's busy with his daily business to govern.

Imagine how Trump would have reacted if Obama was indicted a few years ago.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2023, 02:23:34 PM »

Are you saying this guy should recuse himself because he gave $15 to Biden and his daughter likes Harris?

Personally I don't give 2 ****s about it.

Unless there's clear evidence the judge is ruling against Trump for purely political reasons, he should recuse himself. That however is not the case or hasn't been proven yet. If you're going to start to ask for every judges political preferences as soon as a politican is charged with something, you're getting into hot water. That would be extremely dangerous for the trust in institutions. Trump will always whine about a witch hunt unless he's fully cleared.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2023, 01:46:13 PM »

Does anyone else think that they’re purposefully dragging this out so it has a bigger impact on the 2024 primary/general?
If Trump wanted to speed it up, he could.

More likely Trump actually wants to drag this - and all his many legal problems - out, because he full well understands people tend to have short attention spans and everyone get tired of this stuff. Or it just gets normalized over time. That's his calculus.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2023, 01:35:22 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-says-manhattan-da-alvin-bragg-jr-can-see-trumps-rude-rape-trial-deposition-from-e-jean-carroll-case?ref=wrap&via=twitter_page&utm_source=twitter_owned_tdb&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_campaign=owned_social

A federal judge on Thursday decided to give the Manhattan District Attorney exactly what he wants: a video copy of former President Donald Trump’s damning testimony in an unrelated rape and defamation case that was decided earlier this year.

For months, DA Alvin Bragg Jr.’s prosecutors have been trying to get their hands on a taped deposition in which Trump actually said stars like him get away with sexual harassment “unfortunately—or fortunately.”

Agent Orange must be tired of all the winning these days.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2024, 02:43:53 PM »

Too unfortunate this isn't streamed.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2024, 02:12:25 PM »

Sleepy Don!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2024, 01:57:24 PM »

Re: the obsession ITT with "Trump was asleep!"

Imagine the reactions if that happened to Biden in the midest of an important meeting.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2024, 02:09:07 PM »

Michael Avenatti says he’s talking to Trump’s legal team — and would testify for the ex-prez

Disgraced Stormy Daniels’ attorney Michael Avenatti has been in contact with former President Trump’s legal defense team and is ready and willing to testify against his former client, he told The Post in an interview from jail.

“The defense has contacted me,” Avenatti told The Post in a phone call from Terminal Island, a minimum-security federal prison in Los Angeles where he is currently serving a 19-year sentence for extortion, tax evasion, fraud, embezzlement and other federal crimes.

“I’d be more than happy to testify, I don’t know that I will be called to testify, but I have been in touch with Trump’s defense for the better part of year,” Avenatti said.

While Avenatti made his name as one of Trump’s most ferocious critics — and even publicly called for Trump’s indictment in 2018 — the defense attorney sang a different tune from the clink.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/20/us-news/michael-avenatti-says-hes-in-conversations-with-trump-legal-team/

Remember when in 2018 this guy was talked as potential Democratic nominee in 2020?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2024, 02:14:40 PM »

Seems to be going well for Trump's lawyer today!

Well, that would assume they ever had any credibility to begin with.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2024, 03:49:59 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2024, 03:55:52 PM by President Johnson »

I will never truly forgive 46% of the electorate for voting for him a month after “when you’re a star they let you do it, grab them by the pussy”.

Nor should anyone.

Could be 46% again after Trump revealed to be a traitor that attempted to subvert the will of electorate via a coup attempt.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2024, 02:22:45 PM »

According to Daniels, Trump told her during the dinner on the night they had sex: “you remind me of my daughter.” You can’t make this sh**t up.

Not surprising, given that he said he'd be dating Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter.

And the people who worship him say Biden is a creep for giving his granddaughter a normal hug.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2024, 01:52:08 PM »

This man is unwell.

He actually should seek professional help. I'm not even saying this as a joke.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies