Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:38:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 [297]
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 208862 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7400 on: Today at 01:20:08 PM »

The ICC is antisemitic. Bernie Sanders is antisemitic. Everyone is antisemitic.

I hate Netanyahu and the last 20 years of Israeli leadership, but I will defend his bloodthirsty policies because not defending Israel is antisemitic.

Imagine actually believing anyone in this thread said anything like this Roll Eyes

Yes, you do.

No, I didn’t, but thanks for playing Smiley

You have called anyone who disagrees with you antisemitist.

You have called

Rashida Tlaib
Jeremy Corbyn
the state of Belgium
International Criminal Court
Amnesty International
The user PSOL
amongst several others

antisemitist.

It's the only word you can use for defense whenever someone rightfully accuses Israel of commiting war crimes. And you continue to call for people to ignore international organisations and institutions and to attempt to delegitimize them.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7401 on: Today at 01:23:37 PM »

Bernie Sanders should choose much better friends.

His friends are fine. Israel and their sycophants should behave better and act a bit less entitled.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7402 on: Today at 01:29:56 PM »

I hate Netanyahu and the last 20 years of Israeli leadership, but I will defend his bloodthirsty policies because not defending Israel is antisemitic.

Imagine actually believing anyone in this thread said anything like this Roll Eyes

Yes, you do.

The point is people like you and Ray use the term far too broadly, and operate with a guilty until proven innocent mindset when anything involving Israel comes up.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7403 on: Today at 01:34:25 PM »

Israel should tell the ICC any attempt to arrest Israeli officials will be treated as a declaration of war and we should tell the ICC that we support Israel in doing that

That would simply END the ICC once and for all, with mass defections.

Which I am very in favor of, as a nationalist. It’s just fun to watch that the same people here (not referring to you, I am talking about red avis) posing as liberal internationalists only when it’s on THEIR national interests - ie: Putin being condemned - and then suddenly turning against international institutions whenever it’s NOT, like Netanyahu being condemned.

I’ve said this before, but we’re not in XX century anymore. USA will be forced to choose between being an interventionist + internationalist power or a non-interventionist + nationalist power.

World is becoming way more decentralized for it to successfully maintain its natural instinct of interventionist + nationalist without expecting major setbacks in return. And it’s becoming more and more clear that all of you guys - not just Trumpists, but Democrats too - will eventually choose to give up on your internationalist prestige first (and which gives you credibility that allows for interventionism) in order to protect national interests.

I'm not a nationalist by any means, but yeah "liberal internationalism is good until it no longer is". That's very much true. This forum (or portions of this forum) can be ridicilously hypocrite sometimes.

Probably everyone cheered the decision to issue a warrant for Putin, but now that one has been issued for Netanyahu we even hear calls here to ignore it, and that nations that decide not to ignore it Israel should declare war against.

You can't even make this up anymore. The credibility some had is completely gone and the shamelessness of some users is just hilarious to watch.

Unlike people like me who has stand morally consistent on both conflicts so I can hate all of you hypocrites 😊
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7404 on: Today at 01:36:34 PM »

Yes, you do.

You have called anyone who disagrees with you antisemitist.

You have called

Rashida Tlaib
Jeremy Corbyn
the state of Belgium
International Criminal Court
Amnesty International
The user PSOL
amongst several others

antisemitist.

It's the only word you can use for defense whenever someone rightfully accuses Israel of commiting war crimes. And you continue to call for people to ignore international organisations and institutions and to attempt to delegitimize them.

No, I haven’t lol.  I haven’t even called everyone on your list anti-Semitic.  I don’t believe I’ve called the ICC anti-Semitic (stupid, useless, and acting in bad-faith, sure; I won’t deny having a low opinion of the ICC in general, but that long predates the current Gaza conflict) nor the nation of Belgium.  The others on your list are anti-Semitic to one degree or another anti-Semitic.  

Yes, you do.

The point is people like you and Ray use the term far too broadly, and operate with a guilty until proven innocent mindset when anything involving Israel comes up.

That must be why I’ve repeatedly argued that Israel has been committing crimes against humanity in the West Bank for over a decade.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7405 on: Today at 01:51:45 PM »

Israel should tell the ICC any attempt to arrest Israeli officials will be treated as a declaration of war and we should tell the ICC that we support Israel in doing that

Which I am very in favor of, as a nationalist. It’s just fun to watch that the same people here (not referring to you, I am talking about red avis) posing as liberal internationalists only when it’s on THEIR national interests - ie: Putin being condemned - and then suddenly turning against international institutions whenever it’s NOT, like Netanyahu being condemned.

I’ve said this before, but we’re not in XX century anymore. USA will be forced to choose between being an interventionist + internationalist power or a non-interventionist + nationalist power.

World is becoming way more decentralized for it to successfully maintain its natural instinct of interventionist + nationalist without expecting major setbacks in return. And it’s becoming more and more clear that all of you guys - not just Trumpists, but Democrats too - will eventually choose to give up on your internationalist prestige first (and which gives you credibility that allows for interventionism) in order to protect national interests.

I'm not a nationalist by any means, but yeah "liberal internationalism is good until it no longer is". That's very much true. This forum (or portions of this forum) can be ridicilously hypocrite sometimes.

Probably everyone cheered the decision to issue a warrant for Putin, but now that one has been issued for Netanyahu we even hear calls here to ignore it, and that nations that decide not to ignore it Israel should declare war against.

You can't even make this up anymore. The credibility some had is completely gone and the shamelessness of some users is just hilarious to watch.

Unlike people like me who has stand morally consistent on both conflicts so I can hate all of you hypocrites 😊
?

Explain your positions (and from the beginning) and what you think i am?
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7406 on: Today at 01:55:25 PM »
« Edited: Today at 02:00:11 PM by certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

Israel needs to immediately make clear that any country attempting to carry out these illegal warrants will be treated as if they attempted a kidnapping and hostage-taking of an Israeli official. And start sending Netanyahu around the world with a security force that can repel such an attempt.

Please, by all means, if you want to save your beloved Bibi from being held accountable, by all means go enlist in his own personal bodyguard then.

It's clear you people only care about international law only when it suits y'all's agenda.

(and yes, I know OSR you don't give a f**k about international law in the first place)
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #7407 on: Today at 02:00:39 PM »

Israel needs to immediately make clear that any country attempting to carry out these illegal warrants will be treated as if they attempted a kidnapping and hostage-taking of an Israeli official. And start sending Netanyahu around the world with a security force that can repel such an attempt.

Please, by all means, if you want to save your beloved Bibi from being held accountable, by all means go enlist in his own personal bodyguard then. If stopping Bibi from being arrested is that important to y'all, then frankly what's stopping y'all from doing it?

It's clear you people only care about international law only when it suits y'all's agenda.
Well it realpolitik stuff and I don't think Israel or the dutch with it pro-israeli government gonna allow him to get trialed at the hague.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7408 on: Today at 02:05:29 PM »

?

That wasn’t necessarily a dig at you personally as I have no idea what your thoughts on the Russo-Ukraine war are just a more general vent.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7409 on: Today at 02:08:05 PM »

?

That wasn’t necessarily a dig at you personally as I have no idea what your thoughts on the Russo-Ukraine war are just a more general vent.

Yeah it seems like there's some confusion on my Russo-Ukraine war because some users really like to frame me as Pro-Russia for whatever reasons in an attempt to smear or delegitimize me.

I'm Pro-Ukraine, you'll not find a single post where i approve of Russia's invasion against Ukraine, period.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7410 on: Today at 02:10:21 PM »

Hamas have rejected the warrants though. Netanyahu should definitely face trial for his crimes; Israel has a right to defend itself, but they have really gone too far.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7411 on: Today at 02:11:48 PM »

Please, by all means, if you want to save your beloved Bibi from being held accountable, by all means go enlist in his own personal bodyguard then.

(and yes, I know OSR you don't give a f**k about international law in the first place)

OSR is an American nationalist in the first place, above that of being a conservative. He believes that whatever America is doing, it'll always be the good thing or always be supporting the good cause. It is a very shallow distinction between what he considers good and bad, which solely is based on whether it's America or not. His disdain for Europe and increasing hostility based on how further apart a nation is with the USA culturally tells you all you need to know.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #7412 on: Today at 02:12:38 PM »

Locking as a cooldown since both sides are getting snippy.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 [297]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies