Columbus, OH police officer fatally shoots 15 year old Black girl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:29:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Columbus, OH police officer fatally shoots 15 year old Black girl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Columbus, OH police officer fatally shoots 15 year old Black girl  (Read 6746 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2021, 02:21:04 PM »

Notice these all appear to involve the suspect directly threatening officers themselves.

So... cops should stand idly by if people are threatening to kill others, and not the officer themself?

At that point, they are literally useless.

As a former Security office you wound the person, not aim to kill unless they use lethal force, she had a knife not a gun, he should of shot her in the leg to wound, he didn't have to kill her

Cops have bullet proof vest on anyways just like Chauvan, cops are protected
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2021, 02:42:25 PM »

Notice these all appear to involve the suspect directly threatening officers themselves.

So... cops should stand idly by if people are threatening to kill others, and not the officer themself?

As a former Security office you wound the person, not aim to kill unless they use lethal force, she had a knife not a gun, he should of shot her in the leg to wound, he didn't have to kill her

To be brutal the cop could have saved himself a lot of trouble by not shooting her. Yes the other girl would have died, but he could likely have arrested the Ma'Khia afterward with limited trouble, these kind of rages tend to burn out. So if he had waited a few seconds, the girl in pink would have died, Ma'Khia would be waiting to come before a court and end up in prison. The cops would continue his life like nothing happened and none of us would have heard about this case.

Instead he saved the life of the girl in pink and have to deal with the consequences. I don't really think that it's the smartest lesson to teach cops, at least not if you think Black lives matter.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2021, 03:08:44 PM »

Reading police related shooting threads over the years, it seems to me libertarians care more about loosening poison control regulations than anything related to the militarized police, voter suppression or systematic racism. Always defending the cop. No wonder 99% are white Christians or atheists who think being atheists makes them persecuted.
your reading comprehension skills are horrible then.  I post more anti-cop stuff than pro-cop stuff.  At least the libertarians are looking for the truth, and not like many red/dark red avatars who are looking for ways the cops were wrong, even when they clearly were not.  We still have reds here that think the Michael Brown and George Floyd cases are the same.  Many of you don't care about facts or the truth, you have your minds made up.  Yet you accuse libertarians of doing the same when we can easily prove we do not?

Be better.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2021, 04:20:48 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2021, 04:26:11 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

The cop is the son of a Police Sergeant, so he is a privileged cop and just jumped to quickly to conclusions

https://images.app.goo.gl/YC6PrkYQ14FoFdCY8
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2021, 04:26:52 PM »

Here is the exact picture of the two

The officer displayed his taser and gun, I think we know full well the difference between a taser and a gun with Daunte Wright shooting
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2021, 04:48:52 PM »

Reading police related shooting threads over the years, it seems to me libertarians care more about loosening poison control regulations than anything related to the militarized police, voter suppression or systematic racism. Always defending the cop. No wonder 99% are white Christians or atheists who think being atheists makes them persecuted.

I've been reading Black Lives Matter threads over the past year, it seems to me activists care more about "abolishing the police" and "killing all white people" than any realistic reform on policing and race relations.  Always defending the victim, even if she had out a knife and was getting ready to kill someone.  No wonder 99% of Twitter SJWs are radicalized individuals who want to destroy America.

Generally agree with the post but I really think it's a stretch to call someone who got shot while trying to stab someone a "victim". It's obviously sad that someone so young threw her life away like that but what happened was not unjust.

Totally agree with you.  I was struggling to think of the right word.  She was a victim of a police involved shooting, as in, a person killed as a result of an incident, but she definitely was not innocent.

There's also the case of Daniel Shaver, probably one of the absolute worst cases of a police killing ever, up there with George Floyd, it was practically a summary execution and should be way more well known and probably would be if Shaver wasn't white. In fact as a case it's even worse than George Floyd because George Floyd's killer was convicted while in this case not only was the officer acquitted the taxpayers get to keep paying his pension and treatment for PTSD from the incident (also the horrific bodycam video of it wasn't admitted as evidence in trial, no doubt the reason for the acquital...a totally disgusting miscarriage of justice.)

Yes, this is what people need to start focusing on.  Isn't it weird that we hear nothing from the mainstream media or anti-police advocates when a white person is murdered by police?  Everyone makes it all about race, like the police are out looking for people of color to shoot.  When a black person is shot by a white cop, oh no, it's white supremacy.  There's no critical thinking here.  Note that George Floyd's killer was married to an Asian American and had 18 previous incidents of police brutality documented, many of the victims which were not black men. The sad irony is that there would be a large amount of bipartisan support to combat police brutality if people made it more of a police vs civilian issue rather than all about race.  It's offensive to broadly paint white people in a certain way much like any other ethnic stereotype is offensive.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2021, 05:06:42 PM »

The problrm for the officer is why shoot her 4 times, she could of been shot 1 or 2 but 4 times was excessive

Also the girl had a knife not a gun
omar04

« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2021, 05:12:25 PM »

The problrm for the officer is why shoot her 4 times, she could of been shot 1 or 2 but 4 times was excessive

The textbook answer is that when police shoot, they do so until the 'threat is terminated'. A single shot isn't enough to stop someone, at least until they lose 40-50% of their blood and lose consciousness. Many of those shots are missed too when adrenaline takes over and beyond a range of 6-8 meters. When you shoot someone, you do so accepting that is lethal force.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2021, 05:18:09 PM »

Yes, and she didn't have a gun, she had a knife, that's why he is on leave and will be fired soon

He shot someone and killed that person
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2021, 05:41:36 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2021, 05:46:15 PM by GP270watch »

There's also the case of Daniel Shaver, probably one of the absolute worst cases of a police killing ever, up there with George Floyd, it was practically a summary execution and should be way more well known and probably would be if Shaver wasn't white. In fact as a case it's even worse than George Floyd because George Floyd's killer was convicted while in this case not only was the officer acquitted the taxpayers get to keep paying his pension and treatment for PTSD from the incident (also the horrific bodycam video of it wasn't admitted as evidence in trial, no doubt the reason for the acquital...a totally disgusting miscarriage of justice.)

Black twitter brought more awareness to this particular case than nearly any group. That's the only reason why I heard about it.
omar04

« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2021, 06:09:39 PM »

Yes, and she didn't have a gun, she had a knife, that's why he is on leave and will be fired soon

He shot someone and killed that person

Because only guns can kill? It is very doubtful the police officer will be fired for shooting a girl who was stabbing at another girl pinned against a car in a matter of seconds.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2021, 06:16:17 PM »

Black twitter brought more awareness to this particular case than nearly any group. That's the only reason why I heard about it.

Just shows how shady the msm is. Mostly Black activists were trying their hardest to bring attention to a white man's murder yet it was crickets from CNN and the rest. Could've been a case that brought a lot of wwcs onto the police reform bus but there's nothing the media hates more than unity.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2021, 06:29:13 PM »

BLM is a Corporate wing of the Dem party, they don't tell you that Floyd family received 27 M and Breyona family received 7M are you guys serious about caring about BLM

Al Sharpton said yesterday that Daunte Wright family will be compensated for their loss by taxpayers and the state

That's why it's unnecessary to create riots from protesting since Families of victims get compensated and Al Sjaepton paid for Wright funeral too
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2021, 09:17:08 PM »

Wait a minute. Are you saying that YOU were once a security guard? And your employers actually equipped you with A LOADED GUN?!? Shocked

Dear God in heaven....
walleye26

« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2021, 09:36:22 PM »

....are we really going to the “shoot them in the leg” BS?

That’s the dumbest and most annoying thing people always bring up.

1) Leg shots don’t end the threat.
2) Legs are hard to hit, especially when you and other person are moving
3) Leg shots can just as easily kill you. Would you like a shot to the femoral artery?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2021, 09:48:37 PM »

....are we really going to the “shoot them in the leg” BS?

That’s the dumbest and most annoying thing people always bring up.

1) Leg shots don’t end the threat.
2) Legs are hard to hit, especially when you and other person are moving
3) Leg shots can just as easily kill you. Would you like a shot to the femoral artery?
This is what happened to former NFL player Sean Taylor in 2007.

Burglars entered his Miami residence (while he was home with his fiancée and 1 year old daughter) and one of the burglars fired 2 shots at him (one bullet missed and the other one severed his femoral artery). He lost a ton of blood because of that and died. A horrible tragedy.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2021, 03:46:45 AM »

My point is this IS what they do if the suspect is white and that there is no consistency in how they handle situations, other than they handle them differently with black suspects compared to whites.

And again, this would be far less of an issue if non-lethal rounds were required for street police--save the live rounds for SWAT and bomb squad raids.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2021, 04:34:04 AM »

My point is this IS what they do if the suspect is white and that there is no consistency in how they handle situations, other than they handle them differently with black suspects compared to whites.

And again, this would be far less of an issue if non-lethal rounds were required for street police--save the live rounds for SWAT and bomb squad raids.

So you think a cop would have let a White girl be murdered by a knife wielding maniac and because they saved a Black girl from being murdered by a knife wielding maniac, they're racist against Black people?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2021, 12:06:21 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2021, 12:13:51 PM by Vaccinated Russian Bear »

I've been reading Black Lives Matter threads over the past year, it seems to me activists care more about "abolishing the police" and "killing all white people" than any realistic reform on policing and race relations.  Always defending the victim, even if she had out a knife and was getting ready to kill someone.  No wonder 99% of Twitter SJWs are radicalized individuals who want to destroy America.

An excellent point. My wife and her largely but not exclusively White BLM activists members of our church have often thought about suicide as a way of solving racism. Some of our black parishioners have offered to shoot us to help root out the Whitey problem.

Kudos on truly having your thumb on the pulse of the BLM movement. My goodness, it's totally not like looking into a funhouse mirror of distorted racist right-wing bullsh**t at all. Well done indeed.

Here you have the "official" response of BLM.

"police wasted no time in senselessly taking another Black child."
"Another Black life stolen with no regard."

In my opinion, fairly close to "distorted racist right-wing bullsh**t".

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2021, 01:48:32 PM »

Glad to see everyone here is trying to live in their own little self deluded corner ignoring that yes, race was a determinant in the cops actions here. You don't see white active shooters or armed suspects after violent incidents being taken out, yet their first instinct is shoot to kill if the suspect is black--as tends to be their response, armed or not.

Do you imply, that the policeman's response to this situation was racist? What would a "progressive" race-sensitive response be then?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2021, 08:17:14 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2021, 08:04:11 AM by Badger »

An excellent point. My wife and her largely but not exclusively White BLM activists members of our church have often thought about suicide as a way of solving racism. Some of our black parishioners have offered to shoot us to help root out the Whitey problem.

Kudos on truly having your thumb on the pulse of the BLM movement. My goodness, it's totally not like looking into a funhouse mirror of distorted racist right-wing bullsh**t at all. Well done indeed.

Here you have the "official" response of BLM.

"police wasted no time in senselessly taking another Black child."
"Another Black life stolen with no regard."

In my opinion, fairly close to "distorted racist right-wing bullsh**t".

There is no "National BLM organization" that seriously represents the movement. Roll Eyes There are a handful of disparate and fractured nonprofits cross the country use the word black lives matter in their title. Of which about literally 98 + percent of individuals involved in a local community BLM organizations like at my church have no membership or contact with.

You too are doing a phenomenal job establishing your ignorance on this subject.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies