Napoleon and Nathan: Recovery, Reform, and Revival for Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:16:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon and Nathan: Recovery, Reform, and Revival for Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Napoleon and Nathan: Recovery, Reform, and Revival for Atlasia  (Read 4311 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: September 05, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »
« edited: September 05, 2012, 10:39:51 AM by President Napoleon »

Today I announce what may be a shock to many of you: I shall seek a second term as President in the October 2012 election.

I recognize that what Atlasia needs in this critical time, more than ever before, is tested, trusted, and proven leadership. Atlasia needs a President who can represent all, not the narrow interests of the few, and that's why Nathan and I hope to earn your support for another term.

We are committed to economic recovery. The jobless rate is decreasing. The budget is balanced. The tax burden on lower and middle income families has decreased. Wasteful spending in bureaucracy has been discouraged to help secure long-term fiscal sustainability. We've implemented programs to help returning veterans find employment (and not the kind that involves going to Iran). We are investing in education and infrastructure to build long-term prosperity for all. Businesses are hiring and growth is continuing. Atlasia is working again.

We are committed to institutional reform. The creation of committees finally being realized, I intend to work along side the Senate to further define their role in government, and open up the committees further to the citizen population, to bring more interaction with your government. The Presidency has not, under my administration, been simply a figurehead. I have been actively involved with the Senate to ensure that our laws are the best they can be.

We are committed to revival. Atlasia is more active now than it has been a long time. More candidates are running for Senate and regional legislatures because interest is higher and still increasing. The government is focused on policy and is having thorough and lively debates about the ideas put forth by individual Senators and my administration alike. Voter turnout is increasing. The revival must be allowed to continue.

Ultimately, we are committed to an Atlasian Renaissance. I promised a Renaissance in June and I believe we are witnessing it and it will only get better! Even those on the opposite side of the political spectrum aren't afraid to admit it.
Atlasia is in the midst of a Renaissance. Let’s keep this enthusiasm going!

Let's keep this enthusiasm going! Re-elect Napoleon and Nathan and keep Atlasia strong.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2012, 02:00:53 AM by President Napoleon »

Endorsements:
Former President Tmthforu
Former President Polnut
Former President AG Afleitch
Senator Big DaddyTX
Senator Ben
Senator Sbane
Senator Scott
Governor Nix
Fromer Lieutenant Governor NVGonzalez
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:44:39 PM »

I am inviting the other candidates to join me in a series of three debates. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »

The President on Civil Rights

During my term, my administration has succeeded in limiting government and protecting your rights. With our leadership, the Equal Rights Amendment has passed, guaranteeing legal equality for men and women, regardless of their sexual orientation. This historic amendment will create an environment of a more tolerant and inclusive future, and we can lead the rest of the world by example.

We also supported an amendment to limit conscription powers, protecting your right to self-determination. There are some who see you as a tool or a weapon to serve at their will and do their work. Under my leadership, this will never be the case.

Now, we have a chance to eliminate the death penalty, an archaic and barbaric practice unbecoming of a first-world nation. You can assist in this effort! Talk to your Senators and fellow citizens and get them to join us as we seek to craft a better future and protect your rights. Smiley

Over the course of the campaign you will hear candidates talk about the rights of regions, or corporations, or unions. If you find yourself asking "What about my rights?", know that your President is on your side, fighting for you, and your family. Actions speak louder than words and I am proud to be here working on your behalf and improving your daily life! Reelect Nathan and I so we can continue standing up for equality and liberty and justice!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 11:41:59 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 11:48:57 PM by Napoleon »

Major announcement coming soon. Be ready for it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »

Almost.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 07:41:13 PM »

Yes.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »

Are you going to be releasing a secretly-filmed tape of Snowstalker referring to Italians by derogatory terms?

Napoleon has people out there, in Pennsylvania, and they cannot believe what they have been finding.

Yes, we found my new Secretary of External Affairs, Dr. Cynic. Thank you everyone, for your patience.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »

Are you going to be releasing a secretly-filmed tape of Snowstalker referring to Italians by derogatory terms?

Napoleon has people out there, in Pennsylvania, and they cannot believe what they have been finding.

Yes, we found my new Secretary of External Affairs, Dr. Cynic. Thank you everyone, for your patience.

Please don't tell me that's your announcement.

You don't like Dr. Cynic?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »

But you kept us waiting just for a cabinet position! Tongue

I'm not the one who kept everyone waiting.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 02:01:45 AM »

Thank you Polnut, your support is welcomed.

Thank you for the questions, Zanas, I will attend to them soon.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »

1) What is the position of your ticket on the role of OSHA and WHD, and don't you think their powers should be reinforced and their personnel greatly increased in order to ensure good working conditions and labor law respect for workers ? (Is Atlasia even a member of the ILO and has it ratified its 81st and 129th conventions ? Would you propose it ?)

2) What is the position of your ticket on the role of the UNO, and how can Atlasia work to ensure that the institution is given the means to work its goals ? What reforms would you advocate, especially regarding the Security Council membership and General Assembly resolutions methods of passing ?

3) What is your ticket's position on how to treat disabled people that are unable to perform substantial gainful activity ? What are your key measures to better treat disability as a whole ?

4) Would your ticket try and organize an international convention on climate on our soil to gather all world leaders and finally take a collective consciousness that we are striding towards the edge ?

5) What's your ticket's position on civil nuclear energy, and should countries like Iran get it if they want ? And Qatar ? And Saudi Arabia ?

Maybe some of these answers could interest other voters too.

1. I think that working conditions are exceptional in Atlasia, we have a progressive society with  many protections in place for workers. If any counter example comes to my attention, we will enforce the law or address any loophole to make sure that workers have safe conditions for labor.

2. I've always believed in working alongside the UN and the international community for internal and external benefits alike. At this time, I don't see any significant reforms on the horizon but we will be in contact with other nations about this. We can't accomplish anything alone.

3. I've always supported a strong safety net, including protections for the disabled. As a Senator, I voted for the Comprehensive Social Security Reform Act to resolve this.

4. Yes, the environment has always been close to my heart (as you can see I support the Green Party). As a Senator, I was the greenest there and as President I hope to effect a positive change.

5. I support nuclear energy if its done safely and securely as a clean alternative to fossil fuels. We can see many examples of its success in Europe. Iran does have nuclear means and I do not have a problem with them using nuclear energy, I would not be okay with them utilizing a nuclear weapon however.

Thanks for the questions.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 09:19:28 AM »

Hey everyone, the booth is open so make sure to vote. Thanks to everyone who has voted for us so far, we truly appreciate it!! Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »

So the results are in, and it appears that the public has placed their trust in Nathan and I to carry this nation forward for four more months. I am humbled by this honor. Our vision for an inclusive, progressive society and an active and vibrant Atlasia will carry on. I am pleased to see continued increase in voter turn out as my term progresses. This bodes well for Atlasia's future and we welcome our new members, eager to contribute, and our returning veterans, knowledgeable and honest. There are no cracks to be found in this foundation.

This election has demonstrated that the public has faith in our policy solutions. A pragmatic approach, searching for solutions, can go a long way. But our work is incomplete. While I am proud of my first term as President, I understand, and you should as well, that we can never set the bar too high. Knowing this, I will continue to serve to the best of my ability and keep us on the path forward, but you will not see more of the same. What I've learned over the course of these four months has enabled me to better myself for these months ahead and I ask every Atlasian to join me in building a better future, regardless of personal or political disagreements. Our character unites us; our unity produces strength.

I would like to take this time to congratulate my opponents. They made a great effort and made it a fun race for all of us. This was a good, clean campaign and I appreciate that. I'd also like to welcome our newly elected Senators and congratulate their victories. I look forward to exciting debates during this next session. My office is always open for communication.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies