The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:48:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194079 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: February 29, 2008, 07:52:44 AM »

CultureKing is PLP now, IIRC.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 07:07:16 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL, what a clueless clown.
I wouldn't go as far as to call Xahar a clown, but has he seen the Pacific legislature lately? 

Funny, I actually consider the Pacific legislature to be one of the best, second now perhaps to the Northeastern one.

Even if it does nothing but regularly dispatch pure liquified crazy, at least it's doing something.
but its anything but stagnant.

Remove bgwah and the region would barely register any activity. The region is stagnant, it's Governor is not. Unfortunately, the Governor seems quite happy with the stagnancy; and indeed, with exporting it regularly to the Senate.

wow, thanks I feel the love...           Wink

Maybe that's what happen when you act like David Emerson. Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 10:30:27 AM »

OK, I must ask the Southeast governor to open the SE booth as soon as possible.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:50:29 PM »

OK, I must ask the Southeast governor to open the SE booth as soon as possible.

If the current trend against the amendment holds, it won't even matter what Governor Caldwell does.   

Yes, me knows, but methinks the people of the Southeast should be able to vote on this.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 03:46:30 PM »

The Examiner
13 July 2008

No News Today

I offered a great bill in the NE legislature today. Check it out.

That isn't newsworthy, methinks.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 08:46:03 AM »

DWTL and South Park Conservative would be serving in the hallowed halls of the Atlasian Senate. May Ford have mercy on us all.

Damn.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 03:59:23 PM »

You really have no clue what's going on, do you?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »

Nann.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 08:18:37 AM »

Let's keep it up! 3 DA!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »

Well, I have a feeling by the end the RPP will do a good job of that Smiley

Inactive voters ahoy!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 09:45:40 AM »

Well, I have a feeling by the end the RPP will do a good job of that Smiley

Inactive voters ahoy!
Compared to the JCP, we have nowhere as many as inactive voters.  Other than a few new people who is really inactive?  Almost everyone of our people holds office or at least has ran for one.  You can't really play the inactive voter card with us.

Don't play the "we have office holders" cards, since holding an office is by no means a guarantee of activity. As we have seen many, many times with all parties.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 09:54:44 AM »

To be fair, I think people were focusing on some of the newbies, like Luis Gonzales who registered April 1st and confirmed he was 'recruited'. We have not seen him since and now he turns up and votes. People are going to be concerned about this, particularly if it looks as if they are being 'bused in.'
People made the same claims about other recruits such as Dead0man and Dan Adams who have been or still are Lt. Govs. and convention delegates as well as Sen. Smid who is among our parties most highly respected and active individuals.  As the fact that Luis Gonzalez didn't declare a candidacy two days after joining a sign of inactivity?  I think not

Luis Gonzalez made like two posts in Fantasy Elections, all in the New Register Thread. I'm not asking him to run for office, but at the very least, ask around, ask candidates questions, hell, there's even a ConCon going on!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »

Now let's look at DA voters:

When was the last time DaveHawk did anything in fantasy politics? Hughhento? Jamespol? Fritz?

Oh goodness, thanks for telling me that Dave, Hugh, and James had joined the DA! Sure didn't get that newsflash.

Anyways, these voters are not members of the DA and I have never personally PMed them to vote. Others might've, but as President of the DA, I never told them to vote.

Fritz is a distinguished former Atlasian who has returned, and has already involved himself by asking questions and taking a position in the ConCon. I have no doubts he'll be active.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »

Bacon King is over the quota again, so calculations would require me going back through and finding the second preferences of all of his voters. At this point, better to just wait until the final result. It doesn't look like anything has changed substantially since Lewis's count, though. SPC should still be elected over DWTL as of right now.

Also, we're now tied for highest turnout Senate election under the STV system. Good job, everyone.

Higher than the February Presidential election too.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 08:17:36 AM »

dead0man's extremely active campaigning brings some surprisingly good results.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »

Yeah, zombies are great.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 09:05:54 AM »

lol JCP
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 05:08:45 PM »

I've about had it with this retarded "oh, but that's how it works in the US!!111". That is the worst argument ever.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 05:38:02 PM »

I've about had it with this retarded "oh, but that's how it works in the US!!111". That is the worst argument ever.

Nonsense.   The Atlasian Constitution is directly based on the US Constitution, which explains why things are the way they are, and serves as a baseline in any discussion about why a change is good or bad.  

So then, it's illegal and a plot of the EVIL FOREIGNERZ to change anything?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 05:48:50 PM »

If you're able to go without answering OMGREGIONSOMG for a second, explain to me why it's fair and democratic that something supported by a clear majority of Atlasians, 60% or more, should be rejected? Is that democratic?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 08:23:07 AM »

No, the point is that Atlasia is different in several ways from the US so simply regurgitating "BUT WE'RE BASED ON THE UNITED STATES REGIONSREGIONSREGIONS" is not a defense to overriding the solid majority of the public and 2/3rds of the elected Senate.

Either regions matter, or they don't.  Many on the Atlasian left would prefer that they don't so that the tyranny of the majority can run roughshod over those with whom they disagree.  But under the Atlasian Constitution, regions do matter - like it or not.  Any attempt to lessen the role of regions in Atlasia will be met with stiff opposition from the Atlasian right.  Few other issues galvanize us in this manner.

60% is not a solid majority, nor is 3/5 of the regions a solid majority of them.  It should not be easy to amend the Constitution.

This is just plain stupidity on your part, cynic. So you're saying that even if the Amendment is debated to death in the Senate, gets 7 votes there, heads to referendum, then passes the majority of the regions, and even if it gets 60% of the vote, it should still fail.

There's no reason for that. Nothing in this proposed Amendment makes it particularly "easy" to amend the constitution, as getting 7 votes is a hellish achievement, I can assure you. The referendum shouldn't be an obstacle course where people can strategically kill something on the basis of a few votes.

This is not part of some conspiracy to "lessen" regions. It takes the regional role in ratification back a step, yes, but this is only to allow a more democratic vote on constitutional amendments, nothing more. Every single one of you takes some hardline position on this issue and refuse to budge one goddamn inch and for what reason? None! These are your silly little characters, you don't care about the game or the way it works, you seek petty little victories and making sure the system remains as easy to manipulate as before.

It's sickening, and there's no excuse for it. Every single battle comes down to "This is a much needed reform because of x, x, and y." versus "REGIONSREGIONSREGIONS LEFTIST POWER GRAB CONSPIRACY REGIONALRIGHTS INFRINGEMENT, NAYNAYNAY."

None of you evvverrr talk about the individual issue at hand, instead you always retreat back to your tin-foil hat wearing la-la-land where everything is a plot to destroy the regions.

Let me clear something up for you. Atlasia is not the United States. It never has been, it never will be. We live on it's landmass and we adopted some of the language of their amendments only because that is where the majority of players are from. Nothing more and nothing less. There is plenty here that is different, even in the ratification process you so look to.

The fact that the current ratification scheme is anti-democratic goes without question. No one even bothers to dispute it. Instead, we're here. Talking about the evil plot against regional rights.

Again.

x Lewis Trondheim

x Antonio V

x Hashemite
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 07:34:11 PM »

I think I will try to come up with an amendment that would give additional power to regions in the ratification process.

They already have all the power, basically. Any further 'reform' (lol) would prevent any amendment and entrench the constitution forever. No.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 08:24:33 AM »

Constitutions are not supposed to be easy to change.

Yeah, getting a change approved by two-thirds of the Senate, three-fifths of voters and a majority of regions is definitely way too simple.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 12:58:42 PM »

Rather depressing.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 05:34:52 PM »

Ugh at all this. I'm fed up of all this stupid crap.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies