2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:06:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 622896 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4675 on: November 04, 2020, 01:52:59 AM »

Trump is going to win. He's leading in every uncalled state other than NV, AZ, and Maine.

That’s irrelevant. What matters is what vote has been reported and what hasn’t.

Weird, wasn't irrelevant early in the night with Boone county Kentucky right?

Btw I agree, I don't know who wins but eat your crow first.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #4676 on: November 04, 2020, 01:53:13 AM »

Surprised at Jefferson, AL (Birmingham) almost flipping.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4677 on: November 04, 2020, 01:53:32 AM »

How much vote is there out of Milwaukee?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4678 on: November 04, 2020, 01:53:37 AM »

Trump is going to win. He's leading in every uncalled state other than NV, AZ, and Maine.

Biden is "only" up by 5% in Nevada and 7% in Maine, less than the margins which had been anticipated. Arizona is looking good for Biden, but it could very well be his only flip at this point (aside from NE-02). Florida, Texas, Iowa, and Ohio are already gone for him.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #4679 on: November 04, 2020, 01:54:03 AM »

As expected. Peterson, Shalala, Mucrasel-Powell, Horn, Finkenauer, Torres-Small...all have lost reelection. And Cunningham looks like he is in trouble as well. How is Jared Golden faring?

Golden should win.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4680 on: November 04, 2020, 01:54:14 AM »

How the F#CK do you look at the last four years, and especially this year, and say "yeah i want more of this"

Honestly, there are some things that we won't be able to understand even if we have the best empirical knowledge.

I've discovered this about humans. It's partly why I'm majoring in psychology.

The democratic party lost when they started  accusing people of stuff(racist, sexist, etc) and doubled down on the lost when they got violent. Focus on real economic solutions that help people and you may well have a break through. Most people hate the sjw whining and hate having to live in fear of some thug kicking their head in.

Your side was plotting to kill two governors. Do you not understand who the real threat is here?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4681 on: November 04, 2020, 01:54:34 AM »

As expected. Peterson, Shalala, Mucrasel-Powell, Horn, Finkenauer, Torres-Small...all have lost reelection. And Cunningham looks like he is in trouble as well. How is Jared Golden faring?

I'm repeating this question, especially since Biden is "only" up by 7% in Maine and Susan Collins is holding her own against Gideon before RCV.

per DDHQ
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #4682 on: November 04, 2020, 01:54:46 AM »

charcuterie

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

« Reply #4683 on: November 04, 2020, 01:54:52 AM »

Biden is "only" up by 5% in Nevada and 7% in Maine, less than the margins which had been anticipated. Arizona is looking good for Biden, but it could very well be his only flip at this point. Florida, Texas, Iowa, and Ohio are already gone for him.
Not true Tongue Some networks have called NE-2 for him already.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #4684 on: November 04, 2020, 01:54:54 AM »

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4685 on: November 04, 2020, 01:55:04 AM »

The Wisconsin mail drop is the moment of truth for Biden's reelection chances IMO. If it looks bad there it bodes terribly for Pennslyvania.

I'm optimistic. Extrapolating the Milwaukee vote share, Biden should cut the margin by at least 80000, and that's not even accounting for the fact many (most?) of these are absentee.

Still leaves Trump with a 20,000+ margin.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4686 on: November 04, 2020, 01:55:26 AM »

K friends imma sleep now but before I go a few thoughts:

1. Not the anticipated D wave election on the presidential level by a long shot but probably still a win for Biden. He's probably favored in AZ, WI, NV, and MI and that's all he needs. The fact that Trump still can't count on Georgia (an unexpected bright-ish spot for Dems) and (to a much lesser extent) North Carolina doesn't help either.

2. Legislative humiliation. I'm not sure if the Democrats will net lose seats in the House or not but they certainly aren't picking up an appreciable number as of my writing this. In the Senate, the Democrats are having to claw their way to Susan Collins's seat, which should tell you all you need to know. Once again, I think Georgia might be an unexpected bright-ish spot, but this is a straight up bad performance.

3. I seriously never want to hear another electability case again. Twice in a row we've nominated these ostensibly electable moderates who clearly energize no one after the party put its thumb on the scale, and twice in a row we've been burned. I said this before, but in 2016 Bernie performed well among WWC in the Rust Belt who Clinton lost and in 2020 Bernie performed well among Hispanics who, honestly, Biden might have lost absent COVID. This is just atrocious. All of the states Biden was supposed to lock down were either always going D (Arizona) or always going R (Florida, Ohio, etc.) and a progressive might have actually done better in states like Texas, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nevada. Suffice it to say, barring a real risk of like nuclear war or something, I will not be voting for non-progressive Democrats for president for the foreseeable future, and I encourage any other progressives or even moderates who want to see the party actually win to take a similar pledge. I'm still going to vote and cure ballots for Warnock (and Ossoff if he gets to a runoff), but frankly downballot Dems are running out of goodwill as well.

True, Republicans went with the "most electable" with McCain and Romney and lost and then decided to screw it all and went with Trump and won.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #4687 on: November 04, 2020, 01:55:53 AM »

Well, I'm going to attempt to sleep, as impossible as that seems right now. Absolutely appalled that this thing is still up in the air. Hard to have much of any hope for this country long term, given what we're seeing. The fact that this race is close at all is just a horrifying judgement on the values of American society, let alone if Trump wins. Nearly half the country is just a straight-up cult.

1000 people a day are dying from this pandemic, the vast majority at this point absolutely preventable had it not been for government mismanagement, and so many people just don't f***ing care. It defies all logic.

America is doomed, no matter who ends up winning. Expect a secession crisis or a civil war within your lifetime.
Angasboy15
Rookie

« Reply #4688 on: November 04, 2020, 01:56:02 AM »

The Wisconsin mail drop is the moment of truth for Biden's reelection chances IMO. If it looks bad there it bodes terribly for Pennslyvania.

I'm optimistic. Extrapolating the Milwaukee vote share, Biden should cut the margin by at least 80000, and that's not even accounting for the fact many (most?) of these are absentee.

Still leaves Trump with a 20,000+ margin.

But I'm saying that's just Milwaukee and the absentees should break even more favourably for Biden.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4689 on: November 04, 2020, 01:56:21 AM »

Biden is "only" up by 5% in Nevada and 7% in Maine, less than the margins which had been anticipated. Arizona is looking good for Biden, but it could very well be his only flip at this point. Florida, Texas, Iowa, and Ohio are already gone for him.
Not true Tongue Some networks have called NE-2 for him already.

I realized my mistake just after I wrote my post, and I've modified it already. But Don Bacon has won reelection in NE-02, which is also disappointing for the Democrats.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #4690 on: November 04, 2020, 01:57:08 AM »

NYT says Biden won NE-02.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4691 on: November 04, 2020, 01:57:13 AM »

I'm repeating this question, especially since Biden is "only" up by 7% in Maine and Susan Collins is holding her own against Gideon before RCV.

per DDHQ

A close race, as I expected. Golden obviously isn't winning by anywhere near the double-digit margins that polls purported to show, and as MT Treasurer warned us, he will be very vulnerable in 2022, especially in a Biden midterm, and maybe even without one.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4692 on: November 04, 2020, 01:57:24 AM »

Over a million votes left in D friendly areas in PA. Similar dynamics ongoing in MI and WI.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #4693 on: November 04, 2020, 01:58:38 AM »

Milwaukee has gotta have more than 100,000 ballots left. We're at 250,000 which is down over 150,000 ballots from 2016. And i doubt turnout is down in Miwaukee. Hoping there is close to 200,000 absentee ballots left.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #4694 on: November 04, 2020, 01:58:42 AM »

Ada County, ID flipped back to Trump.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4695 on: November 04, 2020, 01:59:43 AM »

Milwaukee has gotta have more than 100,000 ballots left. We're at 250,000 which is down over 150,000 ballots from 2016. And i doubt turnout is down in Miwaukee. Hoping there is close to 200,000 absentee ballots left.

There's a fair bit of absentee left in other D counties in WI.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #4696 on: November 04, 2020, 02:00:50 AM »

Wow, maybe targeting Cuellar was a mistake.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #4697 on: November 04, 2020, 02:02:01 AM »

per DDHQ

So how is Gideon trailing by such a large margin?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4698 on: November 04, 2020, 02:02:23 AM »

Clinton got a 282k lead out of Milwaukee county
Biden only has a 53k lead out Milwaukee countee

Trump only leads Wisconsin by 110k

I think Biden gets Milwaukee and wins Wisconsin somewhat closely if he gets 200k+ lead out of Milwaukee

Also right Milwaukee county is 59-38 Biden, Clinton won here 65-28. just for perspective

So he's underperforming Clinton in a city he NEEDS to win.

Call it for Trump already.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4699 on: November 04, 2020, 02:02:31 AM »

How the F#CK do you look at the last four years, and especially this year, and say "yeah i want more of this"

I think we need to start taking a more fundamental look at why Trump's base have remained so loyal to him, through all of this. I think people on this forum have greatly misconstrued the reasons why. I certainly think that I haven't given it enough consideration in recent months.

I think we fail to realize just how manipulable the human psyche is. Trump is far from the first person to successfully lead a cult. To the outsider, it's completely irrational why people are allured by movements like the People's Temple or Heaven's Gate. I don't think it boils down to just one reason.

But Scripture warns us of false prophets. Perhaps some introspection would be good for all of us, because idolatry is central to all the wrongdoings of man. But it is subtle in nature and all fall victim to its prowess.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies