Virginia megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:36:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 69127 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 01, 2019, 04:28:46 PM »

Governor Fairfax?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 05:37:55 PM »

This is one of those "I'm not saying a darned thing until it's confirmed" type of situations.
It's beyond confirmed now. Too bad Gillespie's people didn't find this, then we wouldn't have this pathetic disgrace as our governor.

Four things are, I think, obvious to everyone here:

1) Ralph Northam needs to resign immediately

2) God really likes screwing with Ed Gillespie

3) You [SirWoodbury] couldn't care less whether Northam is a racist and are only excited about this because Northam is a Democrat and you (wrongly, I suspect) believe Democrats are going to defend Northam

4) You [SirWoodbury] criticizing anyone else's racist behavior is basically the pot calling the kettle black,
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 05:38:00 PM »

How stupid does this guy think the people are in his state? The latest excuse (denying it) after already admitting it was him betrays the contempt he (and most establishment Democrats in general) holds for the average Joe.

I bet the MSNBC Moms in NOVA are popping an extra xan and buying another bottle of rosé tonight.

This post is a perfect example of DSA and Bernie supporters' thinly concealed disdain for women.

That must've hit close to home.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 01:46:40 AM »

Grain Mountain of salt, but it appears that Fairfax has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman during the 2004 DNC

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/stanford-fellow-hints-at-possible-justin-fairfax-sex-assault/

Sounds like a hit piece to me.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 02:00:05 PM »

I definitely believe Fairfax here.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 03:27:00 PM »

There's proof of Northam and Hearing's indiscretions, what they did was vile and thoughtless and they need to go. Fairfax has done nothing wrong.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 04:04:49 PM »

If the allegations against Fairfax prove to be true he can go. But clear and proven racism is far and away worse than allegations of a possibility that something MIGHT have happened.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 04:07:50 PM »

If the allegations against Fairfax prove to be true he can go. But clear and proven racism is far and away worse than allegations of a possibility that something MIGHT have happened.

That “something” was rape.

good luck proving it happened. Like I said, proven racism is worse than unproven rape.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 04:11:48 PM »

That “something” was rape.

good luck proving it happened. Like I said, proven racism is worse than unproven rape.

Tbf you do seem like the type of person who would find black face hilarious
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 04:16:55 PM »

Unless one of the two sides presents some kind of evidence I don't see how anyone can claim to know what the truth is.

Everything Fairfax has done suggests he did what he’s been accused of.  Fairfax needs to go even if it means Republicans pick up all three statewide offices.

Except they won't. Herring isn't resigning. But Fairfax absolutely needs to go.

Sure, but my point is priority number one is getting rid of Fairfax.

Your racism is showing

The Med School Klan photo was nowhere near as bad as Fairfax having likely forced himself on a woman.  Both are bad enough to warrant a resignation, but rape, attempted rape, and sexual assault are all far worse than a photo from when a middle aged man was 25 which everyone agrees likely no longer reflects his views.  If you consider that thought process to be racist; that’s your problem.

"Likely" forced himself isn't proof. Anyone can be accused of rape for any reason, only a racist dresses in blackface.

#believewomen. Especially emmitt till's accuser.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 04:21:32 PM »

Northam is a grade A moron and a (former?) racist.

Fairfax, if true, is a monster.

No comparison.

The "if true" caveat only applies to Fairfax, but due to his skin color the #metoo neolibs have already convicted him.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »

She says she won't press charges and isn't doing interviews... So I see now reason why Fairfax has to go.

But I thought her story was "likely accurate."

Northam needs to go asap, but it's getting clearer and clearer that Fairfax terrifies both the right and the Dem establishment.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 04:47:26 PM »

You’re comparing Dr. Vanessa Tyson, an African American liberal woman with a released press statement, to the racist white accuser that got Emmitt Till lynched and brutally murdered?

Both people lied to destroy black men.

And lol at "released press statement" meaning something deep to you.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 04:51:16 PM »

You’re comparing Dr. Vanessa Tyson, an African American liberal woman with a released press statement, to the racist white accuser that got Emmitt Till lynched and brutally murdered?

Both people lied to destroy black men.

And lol at "released press statement" meaning something deep to you.

Why are you immediately jumping to the conclusion that she’s a liar?

Have you always been this cruel to survivors of sexual assault?

Are you always this quick to presume guilt over innocence?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 04:54:59 PM »

Please tell me why a liberal college professor with a secure job at a well-funded institution would thrust herself into public with false rape allegations to ruin the career of the Democratic Lt. Gov of a state 2,000 miles away.

Bit strange that she waited until Northam was in hot water to start talking. I do wonder who paid her.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 05:00:05 PM »

Please tell me why a liberal college professor with a secure job at a well-funded institution would thrust herself into public with false rape allegations to ruin the career of the Democratic Lt. Gov of a state 2,000 miles away.

Surely cuz she be trippin'. Fairfax probably uses another word in place of the pronoun though.

So subtle.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 05:07:51 PM »

Surely cuz she be trippin'. Fairfax probably uses another word in place of the pronoun though.

So subtle.

You've covered your ears and screamed while people posted every fact in the case. What other explanation do you have for the facts?

There is no case.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 09:33:26 AM »

Unless one of the two sides presents some kind of evidence I don't see how anyone can claim to know what the truth is.

Everything Fairfax has done suggests he did what he’s been accused of.  Fairfax needs to go even if it means Republicans pick up all three statewide offices.

Behavior isn't concrete proof. Can you at least wait for other women to come out and make similar allegations before you convict the guy.

This isn’t a criminal proceeding.  I find Dr. Tyson’s allegations more credible than Fairfax’s denial and as such see no reason why he shouldn’t resign immediately.  And we both know you’d be humming a different tune if these were allegations against Mike Pence by a conservative activist from the 2012 RNC and Donald Trump has just been impeached.  Fairfax shouldn’t be treated with kid gloves just b/c he’s a Democrat.

I'm just wary in this case because the media couldn't corroborate her story OR find any pattern of similar behavior from Fairfax.
If every politician is forced to resign when a single woman accuses him without proof then we open the door to blackmail and other unpleasant stuff. Remember that many people here had the same attitude with Cisneros and the guy was eventually innocent. This isn't like Kihuen or Conyers where the evidence was overwhelming.

Just my two cents.   

Don’t think it’s fair to judge Fairfax’s behavior because Tyson has only given a written statement so far. Never seen her on video to make any clear judgement on her, she may present herself as erratic as Fairfax has been. And the fact that she’s refusing to do any interviews doesn’t really help her case and it’s unfair to Fairfax. From the cryptic private FB post shared around and posted to RW media and now just a written statement, don’t like how she’s chosen to go about this.

What specifically would it take for you to believe her over Fairfax?

Maybe he's waiting on actual evidence?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 01:00:04 PM »

More Virginia fun, this time the Republican State Senate Majority Leader:

He'll get a pass.

Not only that, this will solidify his popularity among the Virginia GOP base.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 01:32:26 PM »

Not a believer in hell but I sympathize with the second part. The first is on the horizon unless Israel changes its path and quickly.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2019, 04:22:58 PM »

Fairfax needs to go now. I will admit I was wrong.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 10:44:40 PM »

To those comparing wearing blackface to rape, I remind you that the former isn't a crime while the latter most certainly is.

Is anyone actually comparing them? They are both worthy of resignation even though one is clearly worse.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 07:11:54 PM »

Would be very interesting to see if there's an age gap but of course it's behind a paywall.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies