Virginia megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:22:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 58
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 69991 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: February 06, 2019, 06:18:27 PM »

The key question: are these Leaks coming from the inept gop or from warring factions within dem leadership?

I think it's a soft coup by the GOP.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #951 on: February 06, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »

Virginia gonna have to change her username out of embarrassment soon.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #952 on: February 06, 2019, 06:19:17 PM »

The key question: are these Leaks coming from the inept gop or from warring factions within dem leadership?

Beg to differ. The real key question is whether or not the allegations are true.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #953 on: February 06, 2019, 06:21:10 PM »

Beg to differ. The real key question is whether or not the allegations are true.
This.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #954 on: February 06, 2019, 06:21:13 PM »

The Virginia Democratic Party needs to take a united front approach at this point and condemn these allegations for what they are: the right throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. This is a blatant coup attempt by a party facing extinction to keep its head above water. THAT is the message that we need to be conveying.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #955 on: February 06, 2019, 06:23:59 PM »

The Virginia Democratic Party needs to take a united front approach at this point and condemn these allegations for what they are: the right throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. This is a blatant coup attempt by a party facing extinction to keep its head above water. THAT is the message that we need to be conveying.
Do tell me about your impression of the veracity of the allegations against Brett Kavanaugh.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #956 on: February 06, 2019, 06:25:03 PM »

Some of the red avatars here are showing how disgustingly partisan they are.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #957 on: February 06, 2019, 06:27:25 PM »

Some of the red avatars here are showing how disgustingly partisan they are.

Yep. I'm happy to say it appears to be a decidedly smaller minority compared to the number of blue avatars who acted like schitt's during the Kavanaugh hearings, but still definitely disappointingly more than I would have guessed.

Even one is too many.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #958 on: February 06, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »

Do tell me about your impression of the veracity of the allegations against Brett Kavanaugh.

Blasey-Ford passed a lie detector test and her allegations were found to be true after an investigation. This woman in Virginia claims she forgot about being raped until she saw his picture in the paper and conveniently waited until a right wing blog posted the blackface picture to say anything about it. There’s your difference.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #959 on: February 06, 2019, 06:34:34 PM »

Blasey-Ford passed a lie detector test and her allegations were found to be true after an investigation. This woman in Virginia claims she forgot about being raped until she saw his picture in the paper and conveniently waited until a right wing blog posted the blackface picture to say anything about it. There’s your difference.

Complete lie, but I guess spreading false information is par for the course in this day and age.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #960 on: February 06, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »

Lie. Detectors. Are. Not. Scientifically. Accurate.

You cannot even use them in court.   
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #961 on: February 06, 2019, 06:38:36 PM »

Complete lie, but I guess spreading false information is par for the course in this day and age.

Well, Ford did pass a lie detector test. But the rest of the post about Tyson is pretty damn off the wall.

I'm glad to see that Kavanaugh for prison and Wolverine appear to be the primary, it's not exclusive, red Avatar packs willing to throw Tyson under the bus over partisanship.

Oh, and Bandit is of course spreading conspiracy theories, but it is a day that ends in y after all
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #962 on: February 06, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »

Basing your argument on a lie detector? LOL
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #963 on: February 06, 2019, 06:39:12 PM »

Not really relevant just wanted to point out that it seems like every white Virginia (current and former) officeholder is a racist lmao.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #964 on: February 06, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »

Administered by the FBI? Two tests iirc? I don't believe anyone here is saying that alone proves Ford's allegations, but it does go a long way, and when you add it to the mountain of other efforts she presented...

Well, best you not go there again.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #965 on: February 06, 2019, 06:43:33 PM »

Where does the "convenient" part come in here?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #966 on: February 06, 2019, 06:50:27 PM »

Where does the "convenient" part come in here?

Duh! She was in a convenience store when she read the right wing blog. She also bought a tank of gas, a latte, and some beef jerky while she was there. Very very convenient
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #967 on: February 06, 2019, 06:52:14 PM »

Administered by the FBI? Two tests iirc? I don't believe anyone here is saying that alone proves Ford's allegations, but it does go a long way, and when you add it to the mountain of other efforts she presented...

The Kavanugh Allegations didnt meet the standard of preponderance of evidence ,this one doesnt yet either but it may.

Roy Moore's Allegations did meet that standard and I would argue meet the standard of beyond a reasonable doubt

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #968 on: February 06, 2019, 06:53:05 PM »

The Kavanugh Allegations didnt meet the standard of preponderance of evidence

Yes they did. They also met the standard of beyond a reasonable doubt too.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #969 on: February 06, 2019, 06:54:39 PM »

There was no Corroboration in that case, and neither is there in this case yet.

If you believe one if guilty but the other isnt that proves your only believing it for partisan reasons. Both cases are similar and at this point I would say not enough for the preponderance of evidence standard. Lets see Fairfax questioned by the VA legislature and then we will be able to see if it meets the standard or not.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #970 on: February 06, 2019, 06:59:54 PM »

My opinion you're both wrong about Cavanaugh. The real question isn't whether met the preponderance standard, as it did, or proof Beyond A Reasonable Doubt, as it didn't, but whether it meant clear and convincing evidence standards. I am oh, closed but probably no cigar, but still more than enough to disqualify him as a nominee.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #971 on: February 06, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »

The only resolution at this point.

- Fairfax resigns and Northam replaces him with a female POC.

- Northam resigns a month later and the new Lt Gov assumes power.

- New Lt. Gov is picked who should be another female POC and there would be a special election in '19.

- Herring should stay put since if he resigned the GOP would pick his replacement, but his political
  career is over.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #972 on: February 06, 2019, 07:24:57 PM »

- New Lt. Gov is picked who should be another female POC and there would be a special election in '19.

- Herring should stay put since if he resigned the GOP would pick his replacement, but his political
  career is over.

What is your obsession with female POCs?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #973 on: February 06, 2019, 07:27:29 PM »

Unless one of the two sides presents some kind of evidence I don't see how anyone can claim to know what the truth is.

Everything Fairfax has done suggests he did what he’s been accused of.  Fairfax needs to go even if it means Republicans pick up all three statewide offices.

Behavior isn't concrete proof. Can you at least wait for other women to come out and make similar allegations before you convict the guy.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #974 on: February 06, 2019, 07:28:48 PM »

career is over.

What is your obsession with female POCs?

In light of the #MeToo and racism scandals I think it would be best for optics to have them all replaced by female POCs. It at least ensures it won't happen again.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies