Israeli General Election (2019) II: Electric Boogaloo (17.9.2019)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:16:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli General Election (2019) II: Electric Boogaloo (17.9.2019)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64]
Author Topic: Israeli General Election (2019) II: Electric Boogaloo (17.9.2019)  (Read 108767 times)
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: December 02, 2019, 12:26:45 PM »

So the AG submitted the Netanyahu indictment to the Knesset. Now, Bibi has 30 days to request immunity. If he does request one, it can only be approved in a special "Knesset Committee" which usually operates only when a government is formed. But- according to the Knesset judicial advisor, if there's a politicial majority for forming such a committee it can be done now. So again, it depends on Lieberman- according to journalist Tal Schneider, he's given an ambiguous answer but since he said Bibi needs to face a court it seems likelier than not that he'd vote for that. If he supports it, we can finally remove the immunity option from the table and officially indict Netanyahu soon.

Also, Likud's current spin is that Bibi needs to be PM first to annex the west bank and make a defense treaty with the US, and that Gantz is refusing a unity government and botching a "historic opportunity". It's actually very sad- these spins didn't work last time, and they're still desperate enough to bring them out of retirement.

Gantz rejected it:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/gantz-rejects-us-defense-pact-slams-netanyahu-for-floating-the-idea/
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1576 on: December 02, 2019, 12:42:30 PM »

So the AG submitted the Netanyahu indictment to the Knesset. Now, Bibi has 30 days to request immunity. If he does request one, it can only be approved in a special "Knesset Committee" which usually operates only when a government is formed. But- according to the Knesset judicial advisor, if there's a politicial majority for forming such a committee it can be done now. So again, it depends on Lieberman- according to journalist Tal Schneider, he's given an ambiguous answer but since he said Bibi needs to face a court it seems likelier than not that he'd vote for that. If he supports it, we can finally remove the immunity option from the table and officially indict Netanyahu soon.

Also, Likud's current spin is that Bibi needs to be PM first to annex the west bank and make a defense treaty with the US, and that Gantz is refusing a unity government and botching a "historic opportunity". It's actually very sad- these spins didn't work last time, and they're still desperate enough to bring them out of retirement.
Tal Schneider is a Bad political pundit and a terrible legal one. I would take everything she writes as nonsense by default
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1577 on: December 03, 2019, 05:01:57 AM »

Tal Schneider is a Bad political pundit and a terrible legal one. I would take everything she writes as nonsense by default

Huh. I like her, but maybe it's because she just seems like a good person.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1578 on: December 03, 2019, 05:54:46 AM »

That's true, but I have a habit of going through her columns and finding the mistakes. the average is between 1-3. My Globes subscription is still worth the money I pay, a shame Haaretz fell so badly I only kept the weekend one.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #1579 on: December 03, 2019, 07:37:30 AM »

I don't know, but I like her, too.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1580 on: December 04, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-finmin/israel-finance-minister-kahlon-mulling-resignation-globes-idUSKBN1Y821C

Moshe Kahlon allegedly considering stepping down. Good riddance, sell out.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1581 on: December 04, 2019, 05:08:13 PM »

Who cares? Terrible chancellor and wormy politician. The damage he caused in the housing market will take a long time to fix
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1582 on: December 04, 2019, 06:46:40 PM »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/labor-party-head-says-he-was-offered-the-world-to-join-netanyahu-led-coalition/

“They offered me the world and more to enter a coalition with Netanyahu. They offered us every ministry, every role and every budget that we wanted,” Peretz said in an interview with Channel 13, while declining to reveal any specifics about the offers.

Not a fan of the party, but good for them.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1583 on: December 05, 2019, 02:52:22 AM »

After Lieberman's statement this morning a third round in inevitable. I started a new thread and we can lock this one up
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies