Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:31:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 165107 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: June 07, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »

Woohoo!  Since roughly May 10, I have lost 7.2 pounds!  I have gone from a high of 275.0 down to a current weight of 267.8.  Other than these darn headaches, I am starting to feel better, too!  This weight loss is largely without major exercise, too.  If I can get into exercising, I'll be doing even better.  I have a modest goal of 1 pound a week.  Nothing too elaborate, but still consistent.

ftfy
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:13:54 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2013, 03:17:47 PM by politicus »

Bushie are you sure Dukey wasn't right when he asked if this was a shotgun wedding?  I mean asking you Wednesday for a Saturday service seems like one to me?

Well, shotgun weddings are a time honoured Southern tradition Wink

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:48:07 AM »

God bless Our Dear Friend but he's almost certainly the type that puts ketchup on his spaghetti. Ketchup already disgusts me. If I was ever in the presence of someone putting ketchup on their pasta, I'd literally vomit.

Why do you find that so repulsive?

(putting it on pasta is the primary use of ketchup in my neck of the woods, so you better stay far away from Scandinavia)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:28:10 PM »

People actually put ketchup on pasta?!

I think its fairly common unless you have a Mediterranean background.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 12:41:23 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2013, 12:44:27 PM by politicus »

Hash, the diet consists of chicken, beans, lintels, rice, and fresh fruit like small bananas, kiwi, watermelon, etc.  I only found one hamburger place at the Nairobi airport on the way home.

Are you sure you can stand all that healthy food? It must be quite a shock to your body. Wink

If you actually moved to Kenya permanently you would probably loose weight quite easily.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2013, 01:10:49 PM by politicus »

Okay a quick search seemed to confirm its un-American to use ketchup on pasta. But I still wonder why, since its basically just a tomato sauce. Too sugary?

I know two American families that do it, both Midwestern WASPs + an exchange student I once knew with a 2. generation Russian New Yorker background, but they are probably just unrepresentative.

An American expats view of the Swedish love of ketchup, which is similar to ours.http://somethingswedish.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/when-in-rome/
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2013, 03:47:42 PM by politicus »

Okay a quick search seemed to confirm its un-American inhuman to use ketchup on pasta. But I still wonder why, since its basically just a tomato sauce. Too sugary?

ftfy

Seems borderline racist to condemn entire nations to subhuman status because of our love for this exquisite dish. Wink

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:17:24 AM »

As Walter mentioned, something is breaking... Literally...  On the way out the driveway this morning just a couple miles from the house, A rock decided to fall from what looked like an old abandoned building.  It's a little windy today, so the wind probably moved some of the branches of the tree to sweep the rock off the building and right onto the upper half of my windshield.  There is a great big crack in the glass that looks like a big spider from where the rock made impact.  I called my grandmother to get the name of the business she used to get her back windshield replaced after the recent hail storms.  I called them and they will replace the front windshield tomorrow at 11:00 am for $180.  Not bad at all, I think!

Nasty stuff. Glad to hear you are OK.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 09:39:36 AM »

Japanese 18th Century literature might be better, that way at least Nathan will post in it.

But seriously. Just drop the diet stuff unless you decide to actually start eating healthy food. Otherwise its just an opportunity for trolling and teasing.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 11:00:57 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2013, 11:06:09 AM by politicus »

I dunno 19th sentury French literature is quite a broad topic, might be interesting for a secondary story-line. Maybe Bushie could start reading a lot of Huysmans and post his reflections on A Rebours or Là-bas[/i]? That would be rather interesting.

They even have it as audiobook so he doesn't need to do da nasty thing and actually read it.
http://audiobookslibrary.org/against_the_grain_0909.php
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »

Maybe I could change the story line.  It generates 500 posts a week or so, 450 of those at least are diet related.  If my viewers will let me, I could try to change the story line that doesn't generate 90% of the Update.

Stop.

Well, it makes sense. Its a lot easier to change the story line than changing his life.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »

Maybe I could change the story line.  It generates 500 posts a week or so, 450 of those at least are diet related.  If my viewers will let me, I could try to change the story line that doesn't generate 90% of the Update.

Stop.

Well, it makes sense. Its a lot easier to change the story line than changing his life.

The fact that he views this all as "seasons" with "story-lines" is slightly disturbing and shows he just doesn't get it but that's not news I suppose.

He gets it.  You boobs don't, but he does.

Kemp and I are hardly on the same page here (see the bolded part), so there is no need to include me.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 02:07:33 PM »

You wont be thankful after reading it..
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 10:47:08 AM »

It's pretty disgusting to me to leave domesticated animals outside most of the time in this day and age. I'm not even like an animal freak either; it just seems wrong.

Like opebo said, that is common practice in the country. If he would just get the doghouse for shelter I dont see anything wrong with that.

(of course it depends what you mean by outside)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 08:40:36 AM »

Good Wednesday Morning! It is 8:15 am and I have been awake for 25 minutes. I slept well this morning for 7 1/2 hours. A little later this morning, I am going to finish packing my suitcase. About 14:30, I am going to go over to my grandmother's and visit with her for 30-45 minutes one last time before I go. I will get my shower about 16:30 and then head to church at 17:45. Bible Study from 18:30-19:30 and then meeting with a local pastor from 19:30-20:45. I will be in bed right at midnight so I can be up at 03:00 am

Have a nice trip. 
Try noticing how your body reacts to a couple of weeks on healthy food and drinking water, you might like it Wink Also, you got a piece of good advice from someone awhile back about volunteering in the kitchen and learning some recipes. Ill just second that.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 04:42:09 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2013, 04:49:04 AM by politicus »

The best course of action if he wanted to do something for impoverished Kenyan children:

1. Get the CAD
2. Get some work experience in the US (1 year minimum)
3. Move to Kenya and secure a job (shouldn't be impossible in a booming economy)
4. Marry a Kenyan single mother - plenty of widows/abandoned women with kids around.

Of course he may not like being a mealticket in such a direct way, but Kenya has plenty of devout Christian widows with children, so he should be able to meet a person where they a least had religion in common. http://mingle2.com/online-dating/zacatecas/nairobi-kenya/christian-dating

Just me fantasizing about a happy ending...

But yeah, Jeff's communication with God seems to be a problem. He uses those prayer sessions with the big man above to get an excuse for doing the easy thing. If you are a believer prayer is a powerful tool whether its used right or wrong. I think his church is letting him down not talking to him about this, but then again maybe someone does and he just ignores it.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 08:43:18 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2013, 10:42:02 AM by politicus »

No, no it isn't. Bushie simply refuses to believe the law, which is very clearly written. The German mother he met was allowed to adopt because the court found she was capable of caring for them - since the law, you know, says single women are evaluated on a case by case basis. Single women.

I, of course, expect Bushie to come back and tell me I'm wrong and accuse me of trying to ruin his vacation, but whatever. It is what it is.

So what, he just needs a sex change operation and a pair of fake boobs. There are plenty of big gals out there, no one will know the difference.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 06:59:31 AM »

Petition to delete all the Update threads and to permaban Bushie if he ever starts another one again.

That would be vandalism. Its a pretty interesting work of interactive performance art.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »

Did your dad put up the dog house on the porch, Jeff?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 02:21:59 PM »

Being in a non-seated or lying position =! "exercise."  Bodybuilders and professional athletes exercise for fewer than 5 hours a day.

We were walking and playing from roughly 09:00-17:00 each day with maybe an hour or two break.

Moving around instead of being a sloth /=/ excercise.

You guys are being overly critical here. Compared to his life style in Oklahoma its still a major improvement.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 11:19:23 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2013, 11:25:25 PM by politicus »

I received a major blessing on the way to On the Border this afternoon!  My dad asked me about my plans to move to Kenya, as far as timeline, what I plan to do.  He is very much in favor.  He has known about it for sometime, and I reminded him the day I got back from Kenya last week, but up until now he has been rather silent on it, so I was very encouraged to hear that he is asking me questions about it and not only encourages the move, but also encourages starting to learn the language as soon as possible.  He even encourages the timeline!

Er... don't they speak English there?

Those with an education do, but Swahili is the lingua franca of East Africa. Its got a simplified grammar (ie only two irregular verbs) and is pretty easy to learn. So Jeff should definitely learn it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies