COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:57:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 539176 times)
roxas11
United States

« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2022, 07:10:50 AM »
« edited: January 21, 2022, 09:10:09 AM by roxas11 »

I LOVE this

This just sums up the silliness of America's response to this pandemic

Here we have a kid who is basically saying that because she does not like mask adults should all bow down to her and let her take the risk of getting infected while also potentially infecting the other students around her

Now to be clear, I have no issue with anyone making an argument against covid restrictions, but I'm no fan of anybody who uses their kids as a prop in order to get their point across.

The fact is we know full well that this kid did not drive herself to this meeting in order to give that speech. If her parents felt so strongly about it, then they should be the ones speaking up instead of hiding behind their child

roxas11
United States

« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2022, 01:44:06 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2022, 03:35:15 PM by roxas11 »

I LOVE this

This just sums up the silliness of America's response to this pandemic

Here we have a kid who is basically saying that because she does not like mask adults should all bow down to her and let her take the risk of getting infected while also potentially infecting the other students around her

Now to be clear, I have no issue with anyone making an argument against covid restrictions, but I'm no fan of anybody who uses their kids as a prop in order to get their point across.

The fact is we know full well that this kid did not drive herself to this meeting in order to give that speech. If her parents felt so strongly about it, then they should be the ones speaking up instead of hiding behind their child

How about this , you let people decide what precautions they want to take .

Also you are claiming  kids have no ability to tell if they they oppose masks or not . How silly given they are forced to wear it

Like I said in my last post I have no problem with people making arguments against covid restrictions. My problem is that I simply do not think that a child should be the one who is making those arguments, it's one thing to say that an adult should decide if they want to take precautions or not because they know full well what the consequences are but it's another to say that child is also fully aware are those risks

The kid in the video talked about being stressed over wearing a mask, but that is nothing compared to the stress that she would feel if she ended giving one of her friends at school covid. Trust me, that is is a not good feeling because last year my sister's husband took me and my brother the to get tested for covid. We both tested positive and a few days later, my sister's husband took sick and had to be a hospitalized

Thankfully, he ended up making it, but the guilt I felt knowing that I could have potentially gave him covid is something I would not wish on my worst enemy. That is a burden that I hope nobody has to bare especially not a kid
roxas11
United States

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2022, 03:50:40 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2022, 04:00:17 PM by roxas11 »

There is no way to prevent them. Full stop.

This is completely false.  The only reason there are hundreds of death a day is that so many people are not vaccinated.

So there are really two choices: (a) pass a vaccine mandate with real teeth to it (i.e. get vaccinated or get sent to a labor camp in the ANWR; or (b) just accept that the people who are now dying are doing so of their own choice and stop concerning ourselves with them.

There really is not two choices because even if Biden came out tomorrow a tried to pass a vaccine mandate with real teeth most Republican states will not comply with it and the supreme court will most likely strike it down.

Sadly, I think we will just have to accept the fact that there will always be a sizable amount of people in this country who will never get vaccinated and nothing you or I say is ever going to change that.

The best thing we can do now is hope that there is not an even worse virus that will hit us a few years from now because if covid has taught us anything in the era of Facebook America and the world are no longer capable of eradicating a virus like they did with Polio
roxas11
United States

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2022, 09:46:56 AM »

Great to see another country achieving freedom from the pandemic. We owe vaccines and our dear friend omicron a massive debt. Hopefully only weeks until Biden too can declare this thing over.

Biden won't do it. The Democratic Party has completely embraced COVID restrictions as part of its political platform and its identity. It certainly doesn't help that almost all of the party's strategists are suburban snoots that think a midterm strategy devoted to "Stay Home, Save Lives" and agonizing over Marjorie Taylor Greene will be effective.

80 percent of people in Denmark have been fully vaccinated and 60 percent have gotten a booster shot

Our numbers don't even come close to that and we still have a sizable part of our population that has not even gotten 1 shot let alone be fully vaccinated. Biden simply can't ignore those huge differences and just make the call to open up everything just because Denmark decided to especially at a time when deaths from omicron are currently on the rise

now to be clear, I do not oppose the idea of lifting all covid restrictions, but the decision should be based on what is currently going on in our county and not on what other countries around the world may or may not be doing

roxas11
United States

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2022, 01:44:36 PM »

I honestly never understood why people were so freaked out over a mask in the first place

I get why people are upset over lockdowns and I even get why people dislike vaccine mandates, but the hate for mask never made any sense to me. At worse, it was sometimes annoying for me to wear, but that is nothing compared to people who lost their jobs and businesses because of the lockdowns in 2020

I honestly think the worst political mistake Trump made during the 2020 election was his decision to come out against wearing a mask at the beginning of the pandemic because had he not done that he could have easily opposed the lockdowns and offered mask as an alternative

That would have put the Dems in an awkward position and Trump could have gone to all of his rallies and gave these things away for free...

Had he done that there is a very good chance that Trump would have gotten reelected

roxas11
United States

« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2022, 05:07:09 PM »

That picture is pathetic.

Read the room.

It would be one thing if someone else had taken this picture as some sort of "gotcha".  
But this was posted on her own social media.
How is it not immediately obvious "what's wrong with this picture"??
I like Stacey Abrams a lot, but at the very least this really call into question the competence of the people working on her campaign.

Well, in fairness, even when saw the picture on twitter it did not really stand out to me at the time. As far as I was concerned, it was just another one of those photo ops that politicians on both sides love to do

I had basically forgotten about it until I got on here is saw some people talking about that same picture and the fact that Abrams was not wearing a mask. Now at the time I did not think it was a big deal, but after seeing other people's opinions on this issue I can now see how this could be a big PR problem for the Dems in Georgia

now to be clear, I don't think this a fatal error that they can't come back from but I definitely agree that these are the kinds of rookie mistakes that the Abrams campaign should be trying to avoid going forward
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies