Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:14:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289468 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: December 01, 2020, 08:20:14 PM »

Will be interesting to see how far Biden's favs/approval go around Inauguration. Given that for some reason, many Americans always *wanted* to give Trump a chance even when he didn't deserve it - wonder if they will do the same for Biden.

I doubt it. Trump's enigmatic ability to talk to idiots won't be replicated by Biden. I mean 45% or so of the country are already considering his presidency illegitimate from the get-go. it will probably be the reverse where Biden does deliver on action that actively improves peoples' lives, but he gets nothing for it. That's something that the American public always treats Democratic Presidents to while they try to dig the country out of a whole that their Republican successor left it in.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 07:55:04 PM »

It's nice to see that even with all of the bogus claims of voter fraud and illegitimacy, Joe is able to experience a honeymoon period.

Well, he did win an actual majority of the country's voters.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 08:25:03 PM »

I'd be curious to see Trump's approval on the transition.

The Economist/YouGov weekly tracker, Dec. 13-15, 1500 adults

Biden (transition job approval):

Approve 52 (nc)
Disapprove 32 (nc)

Strongly approve 34 (nc)
Strongly disapprove 22 (+2)

Trump (transition job approval):

Approve 30 (-4)
Disapprove 60 (+5)

Strongly approve 19 (-1)
Strongly disapprove 47 (+4)

Trump (overall job approval):

Approve 42 (+2)
Disapprove 53 (+1)

Strongly approve 26 (nc)
Strongly disapprove 44 (+1)

Those numbers seem way too good to be true.

I've come to learn that means they aren't.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 08:16:24 PM »

Trump's approval is down to 39% in a new Gallup poll:

It's about time! I just hope this is actually an accurate reflection this time. I wish this was the case before the election though. Hell, you know what? 39% is still too high for this dangerous, sore loser to be approved by.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 08:55:32 PM »

Joe Biden did his job, and Trump muffed his.

Approvals for Pence, Romney, and McConnell soar.

McConnell and Pence don't deserve that, even if it is clear now that as villainous as they are, they still can't quite compete with Trump. Though they also did help contribute to enabling Trump. No Republican should be absolved of anything.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 06:56:54 PM »

Biden offered me a ticket to the Inauguration if I donated but I politely turned it down

It's good that you did. Your presence there would only make the occasion an even bigger target for right wing extremists. Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, the former Presidents, and Olawakandi all in one place!? There isn't enough security in the world for that!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 07:58:17 PM »

I think the GOP really screwed themselves by lowering the standards so much with their enabling of Trump. Not to take anything away from the Biden administration, but them doing the bare minimum even this early already seems to be paying off in spades because of that lowered bar as far as his approval and favorability ratings go. And that's while considering that if the nation wasn't as divided they would probably be even higher.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 08:02:38 PM »

Biden at 62% in CNBC survey

Wow! I forgot how hard Obama fell in late 2009.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 08:26:35 PM »

Biden unifying the country, beautiful!

Well, he's unifying those who can comprehend our objective reality. They're really the only people who can be won over anymore.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 08:09:29 PM »

St. Leo is a joke pollster.

They were off by 10 points each in FL and nationally ...

Well, if they are ten points again, relatively speaking, that's still pretty good for Bide in such a disgrace of a state.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 08:10:05 PM »

St. Leo is a joke pollster.

They were off by 10 points each in FL and nationally ...

Well, if they are ten points again, relatively speaking, that's still pretty good for Bide in such a disgrace of a state.

Disgrace of a state = State which doesn't quite vote the way I'd like it to

There's more to it than just that, especially with a state that's going to have 31 electoral votes.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 08:08:28 PM »

Yes, I am mad that you have so much influence over our national elections.

It's just a state that is almost tailor-made for me to hate it in addition to all that: the politics, the crazy and weird events that happen down there, the climate, the wildlife, that my dad and so much of my family lives there. I could go on.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 08:04:09 PM »

It's just a state that is almost tailor-made for me to hate it in addition to all that: the politics, the crazy and weird events that happen down there, the climate, the wildlife, that my dad and so much of my family lives there. I could go on.

I suppose to each their own. I'm just quite glad that the rest of the country doesn't agree.

I'm happy your family's enjoying it here, though! Perhaps in a few years you'll change your mind as well and move down here as well (it's an important part of the Northeasterner life cycle, after all).

Orlando is nice enough.

Not just that, but the Kennedy Space Center is nice as well, not to mention the Florida Keys (see a place that your grandchildren won't be able to!) with their pristine beaches, the historical sites scattered throughout the state from Pensacola to St. Augustine, the Everglades, where nothing can be seen except Sawgrass until the horizon, and the vibrant, sometimes crime-ridden streets of Tampa and Miami.

Every state's full of gems if you know where to find them.

That's fair.

My aunt, my grandparents, and now my dad all live in Cape Canaveral. I never saw a rocket lift off from there, like they've seen, but it does seem cool to witness. I'm not really keen on any other aspect of the area though, it's fairly nondescript from my experience there, even for Florida.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 07:41:33 PM »

It's a shame that President Biden will only get to enjoy his high approval ratings for another two days since Trump is going to become President again on March 4.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 08:12:16 PM »

I agree. I know that some are disappointed and startled that it supported Biden only by almost as much as it did Clinton, but all that says to me is that Democrats have a hard floor of 2% or so in the state. It's not hard to imagine that with even just a little more attention paid to it by Democrats that it's reluctance to vote for Republicans statewide won't waiver.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 08:14:43 PM »

On the FiveThirtyEight tracker, Biden's Disapproval Rating finally reached 40% today after over a month of being under the mark (I guess conservatives are remembering they hate Biden).

Biden's Approval Rating remains similar to that from when he took office, at 53%.

The current Net Approval Rating average is +13.0%.

Link: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating

It probably means that his honeymoon period is officially over. Still, his ratings are pretty stellar after four years of the previous President's numbers being consistently underwater.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2021, 06:55:49 PM »

All hail the Selzer! If they are finding the Hawkeye state approving of him he really might be getting a bump. I don't see the American peoples' memories of this lasting through next year though. Let's just savor it while we can.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2021, 07:42:38 PM »

Biden’s approval is not 65 like the liberal media says.

It’s 50-52%, not afar from Trump’s in the same period.

And no, he doesn’t have a +16 approval rating in Arizona, especially with the border crisis.

Oh look, another self-appointed authority who knows more than professional pollsters.

*plonk*

Professional pollsters who are wrong about everything and thought Biden would win Wisconsin by 17.

I ordinarily roll my eyes in the face of Trumpist boasting like here, but they have been more than validated here after two consecutive presidential elections with inaccurate, misleading polling.

However, considering how much more accurate (though still imperfect) polls were in 2018, without Trump directly on the ballot, it's still possible that he is the main reason why polls are skewed in the elections he is featured in. I suppose we'll get a better idea in 2022, as Angry_Weasel said, but for now polls should still be taken with a grain of salt, but not the heaping pounds that Trump supporters want us to take them with. The fact of the matter is that Biden's approvals are above water, even at the barest minimum with all the error in the world being taken into account.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 06:47:24 PM »

The generic ballots are D+4 as mentioned in the article which currently could be enough to hold the house. Although things will change with redistricting and get more unfavourable as time goes on.

What else is new? The cyclical voting patterns in our country will undermine progress once again. It's always going to happen.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 08:04:32 PM »

Qpac should not be taken seriously anymore, one way or another

They have shown time and time again they have horrid sampling problems that produce inaccurate results

In fact, I don’t know why they haven’t gotten the zogby treatment yet

I appreciate you saying this as a Republican. Donald Trump's Toupee meanwhile suddenly seems to trust polls again when they validate what he wants to think.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 07:44:57 PM »

RABA Research, April 19, 2021, 575 interviews with Florida voters

Florida

Favorable: 54
Unfavorable: 42

2. Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of President Joe Biden?
Total
Very favorable 38%
Somewhat favorable 16%
Somewhat unfavorable 9%
Very unfavorable 33%
Don't know 4%

https://www.rabaresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/RABA-Florida-April-2021-MQ.pdf

So, when graded on the Florida curve, Biden is underwater by at least four points in this poll.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 07:24:42 PM »

I just say that Rs are narrow favs to win the H, D's are favs to win S and D's are favs to Replicate the 278 D Gs

But, if we are in a Robust Economy by 2024/ D's can surely win the H back in 2024 with another D Sen Fav map, but it will create Heartburn for Biden, Speaker Mccarthy will investigate Hunter Biden and if impeachment proceeds, Harris will be our Nominee in 2024, spoil Bidens chances of 2T which will suit me fine

The Majority of any chamber is never pernament

"Pernament?" There's a new one!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 06:02:37 PM »

I wish...
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2021, 05:42:19 PM »

AP/NORC, April 29-May 3, 1842 adults (1-month change)

Approve 63 (+2)
Disapprove 36 (-2)

Strongly approve 34 (+3)
Strongly disapprove 25 (nc)

Also, 54% say the country is moving in the right direction vs 44% who say it's on the wrong track.  This is the first time in at least four years this has been above water (last month was tied 50-50).

If accurate, and if it holds up until 2024, this is probably the most important, underrated, aspect of how our presidential elections end up.

As for the Eisenhower comparison, he should probably be re-elected by as much as Eisenhower did, even this early, but the times are much different and I still believe that his ceiling is 318 electoral votes (his 2020 map plus North Carolina). Though if he faces Trump again that would make the comparison all the more uncanny in facing a rematch.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »

I'm surprised you guys still trust polls so much after how badly they were off in Nov 2020

I still generally don't. That's why I qualify most of my statements in this thread with "if accurate."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies