Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:34:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino  (Read 22102 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2015, 05:41:55 AM »

Maybe there's a connection to Islamist terrorism or not, we'll see. Maybe the couple was a sleeper cell who planned to attack later, but a co-worker found out about the plans and the coupled gunned him/her down and turned the event into a bigger massacre while they had the chance etc. etc.

Or it was just something else, non-Islamist-terror-related.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2015, 06:08:20 AM »

Hey dude, we all disagree with Naso but there is no need to call him names.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2015, 06:09:40 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 07:39:10 AM by Bacon »

See, thankfully the American people see it generally the same way I do. Dylann Storm Roof, James Holmes, Jared Loughner, Adam Lanza, Anders Breivik, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. White dudes with strange names who committed terror. To me they are all the same. Cockroaches that have to be stepped on. Subhuman. Unworthy of life.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2015, 06:13:45 AM »

I meant at the people who did the attacks, of course.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2015, 06:42:22 AM »

LOL, I know. I was joking.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »

LOL, I know. I was joking.

Just acknowledge, I'm an absolute idiot and go on.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2015, 08:10:33 AM »

Leaving aside the utterly reprehensibility of Naso's deleted comment, it is telling that the same people who just a couple days ago insisted we needed to wait for all the facts to come in on the Colorado Springs shooting before labeling it an example of anti-abortion terrorism are all too eager to label this as an example of ISIL inspired terrorism.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2015, 09:07:20 AM »

Wait what did Naso say?/
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2015, 09:16:20 AM »

Came to see gun control nuts making jokes, was not disappointed.

what?  bad guy has a strange name?  So conservatives get to act stupid too!  Everybody wins!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »

Wrong thoughts are not tolerated here.  That is all.  Back to "regular" programming.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2015, 09:22:30 AM »

I cannot believe just how dumb people (liberals) in this thread are acting...y'all really should be above this illogical anger. You're pretty much just looking for reasons to vilify the Right for this as usual.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2015, 09:42:18 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 10:06:36 AM by Green Line »

The male shooter (Farook) apparently visited Saudi Arabia for about a month last spring and came back with a wife, according to a co-worker

According to CNN a third suspect is now in custody.

Edit: Farook reportedly got into a dispute at the office party before returning to shoot the place up.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »

See Bacon's post and just change the names with that of Muslim perpetrators.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2015, 11:28:03 AM »

At least two firearms (waiting to hear back on the origin of the others) were purchased legally. Surprise, surprise.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2015, 11:32:50 AM »

So far, only one person has been confirmed to work there. Assuming that doesn't change, then there has to be an ulterior motive. You wouldn't get two other people to attack your work place with you unless you all were wanting to simply senselessly murder people as terrorists or you had a political ax to grind.

At first, I was thinking that because the public health department provides access to contraception, morning after pills and "referrals" for other similar services that it was likely to be another nutty conservative white dude frothing over abortion. It still could be motivation along those lines, but it doesn't necessarily fit the profile of what would motivate multiple people of (presumably) Middle Eastern descent. At the same time, going after a public health department really isn't the ripest target, as others have already pointed out.

Whatever the case, I'm loving how conservatives instantly pivoted from "OMG FALSE FLAG OBUMMER GONNA GET OUR GUNS #WAKEUPSHEEPLE" when they assumed it was a white dude to "OMG ISIS INFILTRATORS LET'S OVERREACT TO THIS VERY REAL EVENT #SHEETOFGLASS" after they found out there were likely Muslims involved.

The "red pill" demographic does that every time an event like this happens. If the shooter was white, false flag to take our guns. Shooter wasn't white, legitimate event. It's almost like they are crazy and irrational.

Here's my biggest problem with the "False Flag" theories that emerge after each latest biweekly shooting: if it didn't work the 153rd time, why would it work the 154th?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2015, 11:37:06 AM »

Dont try to trivialize random tweets from people on the internet?

What I'm suggesting is that you are a hack trying to spin a terrorist attack by picking out random internet quotes.

Edit: Im actually giving you too much credit because you havent even provided any evidence

Not worth engaging dude ... they're turning it into a race thing.

It's your side that wants to turn this into "OMG ISIS" before we even know all the facts and what motivated this attack. Not that this couldn't be terrorism inspired by ISIS or similar groups, but the target just seems odd. Regardless of what the motive ultimately turns out to be, I predict Trump or some other Republican will be out there calling for more Muslims to be targeted/registered or perhaps there might even be a call for a "final solution".

I did not and still have not speculated on motive, as opposed to the multiple "OMG white republican terrorist." "I hope he's a white christian terrorist"
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2015, 11:46:58 AM »

Whatever the motive, I can't believe they did this right after having a baby.  Of course, given the way they did the shooting, I guess they thought they could get away with it.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 12:25:48 PM by Green Line »

CNN is now reporting that Farook was radicalized.  He was in contact with multiple global terror suspects

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/us/san-bernardino-shooting/index.html
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2015, 12:39:26 PM »

So this makes 355 mass shootings this year, in case no one has posted the tally yet.

That's 100% dependent on how you count these things.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This part might be the most important:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2015, 12:46:44 PM »

I find it disgusting that people are literally desperate to avoid the fact that, yes, some Muslims can be terrorists. Not all Muslims, but some.

And good luck getting the refugees in now (yes, I know the attackers likely were not refugees). Whether we should or shouldn't take them in is irrelevant, because the issue is dead. Once again, radical Islamic terrorists have struck us. This is the third major attack by them since 9/11.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2015, 12:58:24 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 01:00:34 PM by Sbane »

What I'm suggesting is that you are a hack trying to spin a terrorist attack by picking out random internet quotes.

Edit: Im actually giving you too much credit because you havent even provided any evidence

It's your side that wants to turn this into "OMG ISIS" before we even know all the facts and what motivated this attack. Not that this couldn't be terrorism inspired by ISIS or similar groups, but the target just seems odd. Regardless of what the motive ultimately turns out to be, I predict Trump or some other Republican will be out there calling for more Muslims to be targeted/registered or perhaps there might even be a call for a "final solution".

I did not and still have not speculated on motive, as opposed to the multiple "OMG white republican terrorist." "I hope he's a white christian terrorist"

I said your side has been doing it, not you specifically. Just look above my post.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2015, 01:08:46 PM »

I said your side has been doing it, not you specifically. Just look above my post.

Except its not speculation anymore.  Its a fact
Zache

« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2015, 01:15:55 PM »

So, from what I've heard, Farook was a radicalized American terrorist who appeared to have obtained his weapons legally. Is that right?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »

No one has ever damn well said there are no terrorists that are Muslims. The problem has always been there are people who generalize all Muslims for what an individual does.

At this point, it looks like this was a workplace shooting, so any argument that it was an attack by ISIS is a stretch.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »

No one has ever damn well said there are no terrorists that are Muslims. The problem has always been there are people who generalize all Muslims for what an individual does.

At this point, it looks like this was a workplace shooting, so any argument that it was an attack by ISIS is a stretch.

Yeah just like the Fort Hood attack was "workplace violence"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies