China (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:50:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  China (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will China be by 2050?
Remain a communist dictatorship

multi-party parliamentary democracy

fascist dictatorship

Other (explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: China  (Read 6061 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: September 02, 2007, 01:33:49 AM »

If/When the Chinese Communist Party collapses I imagine many parts of China will fuse with neighboring countries (Chinese controlled Kashmir) or become independent nations (Taiwan, Tibet, Macau, Hong Kong and possibly the other autonomous regions).  I guess my prediction is essentially a Chinese-replay of the collapse of the USSR in which there will still be a large area known as China but many smaller areas will break off. 

I think China is approaching a tipping point that will reach its peak sometime after the 2008 Olympics.  This is sort of a superstitious prediction based on some loosely tied historic events but hear me out. 

Ok we'll start with Germany and the 1936 Olympics in Berlin.  Less than ten years after hosting these games Hilter was dead and Germany lost WWII after attempting to take over Europe.

Next we have Russia and the 1980 Games in Moscow.  Again less than a decade later we had the collapse of the Berlin Wall and the crumbling of communist governments throughout the Eastern bloc.  And finally the end came for the USSR in 1991.

In 2008 China will have the Olympics and once again they will be in the capital city.  Will China be having the same bad luck those other "evil empires" did merely a decade after hosting one of the most prestigious events in the world?

I am in no way suggesting that the Olympics are some sort of magic wand capable of bringing about the destruction of fascists and communists.  However, I do think that there is a link between the Olympics and the spectacular downfalls of Germany and Russia.  Hosting the Olympics gives a nation the opportunity to showcase itself on the world stage.  Bully nations seeking to show the world their might are naturally attracted to such an event.  However what these nations don't seem to realize is that when you open your doors to the entire world a lot more comes in than you might want to.  You also run the risk of exposing your weak points to the entire world as you are put under the microscope.  Essentially, opening up to the world means that you're going to have to face facts and start admitting your faults.  The Olympics are a symbolic event that can trigger small events leading to the end for those who hate freedom.

I'm not sure what I'm expecting to happen to China from 2008-2018, all I know is that something big will probably happen to reshape the country as we know it. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies