DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:51:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269751 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: January 06, 2021, 02:14:12 PM »

This day truly is a win/win. The QAnon retards get to cry another day and our pigs in uniform get to deal with the aftermath of what Dear Leader unleashed on them by endorsing the stolen election negative. Just as we prepare take the trifecta.

It's a beautiful thing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 02:18:30 PM »

B-b-b-but ANTIFA!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 02:30:20 PM »

I don't know whether to be in law-and-order mode or fight-the-power mode today. Someone help me out here.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 02:34:24 PM »

Mayor has ordered a 6 PM curfew.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 02:38:59 PM »

You know what, I'm siding with the protestors. The police thought they had an ally, and the lack of arrests so far suggests to me that they still do. And yet they're being betrayed. And I love it.

The protestors, by contrast, have no real power and are just a bunch of QAnon boomers.

Either way, thanks to both sides for giving us this must-see-TV. All I was expecting today were a few boring procedural motions and speeches, but we're getting a real show!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 02:49:19 PM »

Are the protestors armed against the police? This could get really interesting, really fast.

Love. Betrayal. Bloodshed. Chaos. And then order restored on January 20th.

The writers could not have picked a better ending to this chapter. Consider yourselves lucky to be alive to watch this story in the making.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 02:54:37 PM »

I thought riots were the language of the unheard?

They are. I may not support the person these rioters support, but they've created such an enthralling atmosphere that we owe them our thanks.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 03:01:29 PM »

When does the Left start arming bands of goons? Feels like we need to catch up.

I've been saying this for years.

Hard liberals want to take away the constitutionally-protected right to bear arms. By contrast, the Left embraces the right to bear arms to defend themselves against the elites and the Blue Shield. We can't have it both ways and we need to choose a side.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 03:13:43 PM »

Relevant Thomas Jefferson quote for this time, I think: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure[.]"

In other words, armed insurrection in a republic is as inevitable as the change from night to day. Would I prefer non-Trumpists opening us to these transformative times? Yes. But at the end of the day, this "coup attempt" is going to fail and yet be to the benefit of the nation overall. Because no matter where you side, politicians are finally being held accountable in consequential ways.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 03:36:17 PM »

I generally oppose lethal force used by police but this has got to come to an end.

If the police start killing people on the spot, especially innocent protestors, fire will be returned. They better be smart this time.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 03:46:16 PM »

I generally oppose lethal force used by police but this has got to come to an end.

If the police start killing people on the spot, especially innocent protestors, fire will be returned. They better be smart this time.

These people are not “protestors”.

Just as we saw with BLM last summer, most people protested peacefully and a loud minority protested violently. It's unfair to paint these groups with a broad brush.

There is no “loud minority”. These people are criminals who should be met with the full force of the law.

And you know what's funny? This is the exact same thing the blue avvies were saying last summer. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Americans love their guns, yes, but the vast majority of gun owners are law-abiding citizens, and they would never harm another person except in cases of self-defense. They are allowed to carry openly where the law allows. Yes, prosecute the violent lawbreakers, but even still, let's not view those people in the same way we view home invaders or armed robbers.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 03:57:40 PM »

I’m not opposed to people owning and having fire arms. That’s their constitutional right as citizens, and I support it. But this? Going to the capital, breaking in, storming the House and Senate chambers? Unacceptable.

So what's the alternative? Angry letters? Continuing to not hold politicians and law enforcement accountable in tangible ways?

The system is broken and it needs to be rebuilt from the ground-up. I don't care who sparks it, but this is actually a moment for the disenfranchised and the cynics on both the left and right to retake the country for ourselves.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 04:07:18 PM »

One view from the right:

Erick Erickson continues to prove what a joke and a fraud he is.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 04:10:58 PM »

Alright, mods: how exactly am I "trolling" by saying that it's unfair to paint the protestors with a broad brush? How is it "trolling" to express support for protestors, irrespective of whether or not you agree with me?

There definitely is mod bias on this board.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 04:20:02 PM »

Alright, mods: how exactly am I "trolling" by saying that it's unfair to paint the protestors with a broad brush? How is it "trolling" to express support for protestors, irrespective of whether or not you agree with me?

Bitching about protesters being painted with a broad brush then proceeding to paint the mods with a broad brush.  Cheesy

I said "mods" because here are multiple people who moderate this board and when a post is deleted or infracted the poster is not informed of which mod did it.

Attempting to play devil's advocate about a fascist coup is genuinely pathetic. They're not protesters, they're terrorists.

Again, this argument exactly mirrors what the anti-BLM people were saying last summer. Stop with the double standards.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 11:02:37 PM »

Unrelated to the situation at hand but is there a way I can sue CNN? I was forced to have it on for a week after the election and I have a feeling I'm going to have to do it again. This is unacceptable and I do not deserve to be exposed to the sensationalist Failing CNN for another week.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 11:57:05 PM »

We need to unite together as one country in prayer, and I can't find a more appropriate prayer for this occasion - specifically for those individuals who are objecting to the certification of a fair election - and especially for freshman congresswoman Mary Miller:

Quote from: Psalm 109:8-15
May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.
May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.
May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes.
May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.
May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children.
May his descendants be cut off, their names blotted out from the next generation.
May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the LORD; may the sin of his mother never be blotted out.
May their sins always remain before the LORD, that he may blot out their name from the earth.

Amen and awomen.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2021, 05:33:46 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2021, 06:03:13 PM by Senator Scott🦋 »

FWIW, I apologize for all the things I said in this thread to minimize or excuse for what happened. I didn't really know all the details until I read just how dangerous this was, which was far more severe than what CNN had appeared to be reporting on the day I was watching this live.

Pelosi's office broken into? IEDs planted at the Democratic and Republican headquarters? Six deaths and one officer? But the Capitol Police officers who took selfies and had to have known about this from Parler? And yes, a bunch of really stupid looking neopagan LARPers in the Capitol that was kind of funny, but should never have been let in there to begin with.

Not even the worst criminals who either took advantage of the BLM discourse to loot and cause general mayhem or act in the name of BLM itself compares to this.

If Benghazi was deserving of its own committee for the better part of the last decade, then so most certainly is this. Investigate the people who coordinated and acted on these Parler forums and investigate the police officers for pre-knowledge of the situation. Do not apply the same standards of dealing with these traitors under the same standards of dealing with black activists under investigation.

There is no way to play devil's advocate or equate this with BLM. They never tried to subvert the results of a fair and free election through attacking the United States Capitol. Which itself sounds like a funny plot twist for a certain Nicholas Cage movie.

LMAO

This can't be real, can it?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies