2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:46:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread  (Read 33243 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: July 23, 2021, 12:17:28 PM »

Michigan State to the Playoff! Go Green!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 10:02:57 PM »

Most likely scenario in my opinion if Texas and Oklahoma leaves is Texas A&M walks out of the SEC and goes back to the Big Twelve, and they also get Nebraska back from the Big Ten.

I wouldn't call this likely
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 06:41:33 PM »

Nebraska @ Illinois 1 PM EDT FOX

UTEP @ New Mexico State 9:30 PM EDT

Thursday, September 2nd

Boise State @ UCF 7 PM EDT ESPN

East Carolina @ Appalachian State 7:30 PM EDT ESPNU

#4 Ohio State @ Minnesota 8 PM EDT FOX

Friday, September 3rd

#10 North Carolina @ Virginia Tech 6 PM EDT ESPN

Michigan State @ Northwestern 9 PM EDT ESPN

Saturday, September 4th

#19 Penn State @ #12 Wisconsin Noon EDT FOX

Stanford vs Kansas State at AT&T Stadium Noon EDT FS1

Army @ Georgia State Noon EDT ESPNU

#1 Alabama vs #14 Miami (FL) at Mercedes-Benz Stadium 3:30 PM EDT ABC

#17 Indiana @ #18 Iowa 3:30 PM EDT BTN

Marshall @ Navy 3:30 PM EDT CBSSN

West Virginia @ Maryland 3:30 PM EDT ESPN

Northern Iowa @ #7 Iowa State 4:30 PM EDT ESPN+

#23 Louisiana @ #21 Texas 4:30 PM EDT FOX

Syracuse @ Ohio 7 PM EDT CBSSN

Oregon State @ Purdue 7 PM EDT CBSSN

Texas Tech @ Houston 7 PM EDT ESPN

#5 Georgia @ #3 Clemson 7:30 PM EDT ABC

UTSA @ Illinois 7:30 PM EDT BTN

#16 LSU @ UCLA 8:30 PM EDT FOX

Nevada @ California 10:30 PM EDT FS1

Sunday, September 5th

#9 Notre Dame @ Florida State 7:30 PM EDT ABC

Monday, September 6th

Louisville @ Ole Miss 8 PM EDT ESPN
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 11:43:23 AM »

Why stop at Riley? Why not include Saban, if we're including people who have zero interest in this opening? Not even sure that Cristobal would leave a comfortably humming program to go try to muck out Heritage Hall. He's at least a reasonable target, but another well-resourced and historically great program has already tried to pry away Cristobal and failed.

Realistic names here, besides Cristobal, are James Franklin, if they can pry him away from Penn State, and Luke Fickell. USC's new AD is the ex-AD at Cincinnati and hired Fickell, so the relationship is there already.

James Franklin will never leave, he loves the cult and its vast potential of covering up crimes when he needs them to.

You mean to tell me that any school that had a Sandusky situation wouldn't have done what Penn State did?

If you're saying that, you're dead wrong.

Yes, there are many schools that would fire a serial pedophile and report him to the law, especially one who wasn't particularly important to the football program.
Penn State is almost unique among prominent football programs for the combination of its geographic isolation and the complete devotion of the entire area to the university. Similar cases have emerged in recent years, notably Nasser at Michigan State (although this was arguably more on USA Gymnastics than on MSU) and Strauss at Ohio State, but Penn State was unique in how it accomodated Sandusky and now the administration and local law enforcement were totally hostile to dealing with it, until the sh**t hit the fan.
Franklin himself was involved in covering up rape at Vanderbilt. That would have been a turnoff for most schools. But not Penn State.

Yea I have a major problem with your view here, Jerry Sandusky was EXTREMELY important to the PSU program. He was their DC for 20 years and also coached Linebackers, he was responsible for Penn State becoming known as "Linebacker U" most notably producing Lavar Arrington.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 08:06:36 AM »

My Spartans are 3-0 and dominated Miami. Miami is in fact not back. We have Nebraska this week. Finks the Corn, SPARTY DAWG BY 50.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 10:33:29 AM »

I just heard someone say, "Go Green, Go White, Can't Read, Can't Write." The rivalry between our brave boys in Green and that school is alive and well and many couches will be burned.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 05:27:56 PM »

Go Green! Go White!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 10:47:59 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2021, 12:47:16 PM by Orwell »

#6 Michigan @ #8 Michigan State
#9 Iowa @ Wisconsin
Texas @ #16 Baylor
Miami (FL) @ #17 Pittsburgh
Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech
Indiana @ Maryland
#22 Iowa State @ West Virginia
#1 Georgia vs Florida
Texas Tech @ #4 Oklahoma
Florida State @ Clemson
Boston College @ Syracuse
Purdue @ Nebraska
TCU @ Kansas State
UL Monroe @ Appalachian State
Wyoming @ San Jose State
UTEP @ Florida Atlantic
#10 Ole Miss @ #18 Auburn
#12 Kentucky @ Mississippi State
#19 SMU @ Houston  
#20 Penn State @ #5 Ohio State
Louisville @ NC State
UCLA @ Utah
Virginia @ BYU
Fresno State @ #21 San Diego State
Washington @ Stanford
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2021, 02:41:21 PM »

#6 Michigan @ #8 Michigan State Noon EDT FOX (I'm no fool. I don't think Michigan is way better than Michigan State. Frankly I think McNamara is not the right qb for this team and things are going to get a lot tougher for him this second half of the season. But Harbaugh gets the boys ready to play in East Lansing. I think they can eek out a tough one here. Have to have at least a little faith.

If you're a Michigan fan, then I'm sorry. But as a Spartan, it was an electric time to be in East Lansing, I spent some time at Cedar Villages for MSU's most famous extra curricular activities, and I'm thankful that the game wasn't at night because it would have been absolute chaos.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 11:51:01 AM »

#6 Michigan @ #8 Michigan State Noon EDT FOX (I'm no fool. I don't think Michigan is way better than Michigan State. Frankly I think McNamara is not the right qb for this team and things are going to get a lot tougher for him this second half of the season. But Harbaugh gets the boys ready to play in East Lansing. I think they can eek out a tough one here. Have to have at least a little faith.

If you're a Michigan fan, then I'm sorry. But as a Spartan, it was an electric time to be in East Lansing, I spent some time at Cedar Villages for MSU's most famous extra curricular activities, and I'm thankful that the game wasn't at night because it would have been absolute chaos.

I think what made Saturday difficult for me was the combination of the terrible officiating having a direct impact on the outcome and Michigan State being able to close in the end of the game when Michigan just couldn't close the game out to save its life. If Michigan was clearly the better team from beginning to end, and the refs did what they did, I would be screaming that Michigan was the better team and we got absolutely robbed. While if the refs did their job and Michigan State was clearly the better team, I'd just have to tip my cap. Instead, I have to feel like crap that Michigan choked away a huge win, AND feel like the refs absolutely screwed us over.

I have always been one to defend Harbaugh and point to some tough breaks not going his way. But I think its fair to start asking why do the breaks never seem to go his / Michigan's way. Maybe its all bad luck. But its starting to get really old losing these big games. If they go into the bowl game 10-2, then I guess you have to just accept that we are close, and to keep pressing ahead. But if they lose to that Penn State team and get obliterated by ohio, then you have to think we didn't accomplish anything this year.

Credit to Michigan State, that was as electric of a regular season college football atmosphere as I've ever seen. Other than the flipping of vehicles, which was gross vandalism, that was an elite college football scene.

Were you in East Lansing for the game?  probably the best football game I've ever been to in person. East Lansing was chaotic during the next day. I went to Ricks like any good freshman too haha.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 07:50:52 PM »

Hopefully Georgia nukes Alabama out of orbit next week

Inshallah
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2021, 06:42:31 PM »

Georgia fans bark at children, as much as it pains me, Go Blue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies