Will the Libya Crisis Help Obama or Romney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:16:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will the Libya Crisis Help Obama or Romney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will it help?
Obama

Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Will the Libya Crisis Help Obama or Romney?  (Read 8130 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: September 14, 2012, 07:10:03 AM »

It hurts Obama. The longer it drags out the worse it is for the President.

What data do you have to claim this?

It’s just my opinion. We’ll see if I’m right or wrong in the next round of polling.
The Obama administration is trying to appease the protesters in the Arab spring countries by condemning the questionable movie. By doing so, they are in essence accepting the blame for the protests and apologizing to the protesters for provoking them.
I think that will make the Obama administration appear weak, particularly if the protests drag out, and give Romney, who is lightweight on foreign policy, some ammunition.

Considering the state of Romney's campaign so far, if Obama were to give him ammunition, he'd probably use them as Monopoly game pieces.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »

3 embassies in 2 days, an ambassador dead, and on the aniversery of 9-11 to boot is a pretty big deal and won't be "forgotten" anywhere near as much as "I will transmit this to Vladimir" which isn't forgotten it just isn't focused on.   

Given how half the country saw this coming makes it a major problem for Obama's foreign policy credibility.  BO handled his response(s) so poorly many people were physically ill / boiling at the situation.  3 major acts of war against the United States and Obama says "It's a bad day, hey I'm off to campaign in Vegas!"

The Romney situation is weird because the media went kamikaze on him for no apparent reason other than hackery.  Everything Romney said was true and well timed.  Frankly he needed to be President on 9-11 and 4 Americans might well be alive.  Not to mention American prestige would be much better.             

Everyone, this guy ^^ talks about people living in a bubble.

Seriously.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 01:31:32 PM »

3 embassies in 2 days, an ambassador dead, and on the aniversery of 9-11 to boot is a pretty big deal and won't be "forgotten" anywhere near as much as "I will transmit this to Vladimir" which isn't forgotten it just isn't focused on.   

Given how half the country saw this coming makes it a major problem for Obama's foreign policy credibility.  BO handled his response(s) so poorly many people were physically ill / boiling at the situation.  3 major acts of war against the United States and Obama says "It's a bad day, hey I'm off to campaign in Vegas!"

The Romney situation is weird because the media went kamikaze on him for no apparent reason other than hackery.  Everything Romney said was true and well timed.  Frankly he needed to be President on 9-11 and 4 Americans might well be alive.  Not to mention American prestige would be much better.             

Everyone, this guy ^^ talks about people living in a bubble.

Seriously.

I don't know man after reading this and Politico's post about Romney's masculine 6'2 frame, I'm now convinced that Romney would have caught those bullets and RPG's with his teeth  He then would have created 10 American jobs in the auto industry using all that steel.

RIP to the victims and thanks for their service to this country.

...make that 4 embassies in 3 days, thanks for creating this problem

Yes, patrick1, how dare you?!

and not listening when we shouted that this would happen. 

Who shouted about this, exactly? The voices in your head?

It's another "bad day" let's go campaign in Ohio or something.   

As opposed to, y'know, Romney's disgusting response?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 10:30:15 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9slquoIuPC8
Largely my position.  Literally about every non leftist serious person saw this coming and we were telling everyone before and during and after the main events transpired.  It's so incredible how everything was known, predicted, warned, pleaded, greatly detailed, published, etc and you act like "O' shucks, no one saw this coming nothing you could have done, how dare Romney criticize Obama for being a total screw up on foreign policy."

Sorry, Niall Ferguson doesn't count as a "serious person."

What exactly was disgusting?  Obama, Clinton, and Jay Carney have been the textbook definition of "disgusting" and as far as I can tell Romney has merely pointed out important things (with better timing than BOs Admin.) in a presidential manner.[lolno]  The dems think this is about a movie on youtube for crying out loud!  Talk about an ignorant-disgusting position.

You don't see what's disgusting about smirking about the death of an American ambassador?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 11:16:12 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9slquoIuPC8
Largely my position.  Literally about every non leftist serious person saw this coming and we were telling everyone before and during and after the main events transpired.  It's so incredible how everything was known, predicted, warned, pleaded, greatly detailed, published, etc and you act like "O' shucks, no one saw this coming nothing you could have done, how dare Romney criticize Obama for being a total screw up on foreign policy."

Sorry, Niall Ferguson doesn't count as a "serious person."

What exactly was disgusting?  Obama, Clinton, and Jay Carney have been the textbook definition of "disgusting" and as far as I can tell Romney has merely pointed out important things (with better timing than BOs Admin.) in a presidential manner.[lolno]  The dems think this is about a movie on youtube for crying out loud!  Talk about an ignorant-disgusting position.

You don't see what's disgusting about smirking about the death of an American ambassador?
Romney didn't smirk about the death of the ambassador,

Romney made a factually inaccurate speech about the attacks on the embassies for political gain, and after he concluded, he smirked.
Okay, I'll concede he may have been smirking about the attacks in general, or about the effect they would have had on the election. That's no less despicable.

I mean that's so absurd and disingenuous that you have to not be thinking when you said that, or you're motivated/blinded by hate, or in an echo chamber spewing that filth, or something like that.  

Hypocrisy is a word you should look up, AmericanNation.

Isn't getting someone killed by ones incompetence

That's some laughable spin right there.

worse, than say your mouth supposedly moving upward when making important comments? ? ?      

Obama took the attacks seriously. Romney didn't. Which one would be better on foreign policy is obvious.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »

I'm unaware of any inaccurate facts.  I've been busy so I haven't checked, but I would think that someone would point out one inaccurate thing on this thread to bolster their argument,

Romney: "It's disgraceful that the Obama Administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks."
The actual tweet he was referring to (whose originators have little or no connection to the top of the administration anyway): "The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions."
This was, by the way, posted before the attacks happened.
Draw your own conclusions. [Or rather don't, considering they would in all likelihood be bizarrely anti-realitarian.]

You hadn't asked yet. Roll Eyes

This is a serious situation and you're reduced to this level? I mean come up with something better.  "Obama laughed at the holocaust" would be on your level in this case.

This is a serious situation and you're reduced to Godwinning? I mean come up with something better.
What else was he smirking about, then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9slquoIuPC8 no spin, all facts, documented, verified, witnessed, simple cold hard truth.  I would say I told you so, but I feel bad about it more than if I didn't know it was coming. It's like premonition guilt.

Niall Ferguson is not a valid source.

Seriously?!?!?  HE THINKS THE ATTACKS ARE BECAUSE OF A YOUTUBE VIDEO! 

What Ernest said.

HE DOESN'T THINK HE DID ANYTHING WRONG in 'backing' the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt and Libya.

You can't support democracy in one country in one country and not in another, AN.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9slquoIuPC8 no spin, all facts, documented, verified, witnessed, simple cold hard truth.  I would say I told you so, but I feel bad about it more than if I didn't know it was coming. It's like premonition guilt.
Niall Ferguson is not a valid source.

WOW, that's like saying "there is no such thing as a valid source."

There are much more reliable sources out there than an apologist for Imperial Germany and imperialism in general who believes in "Eurabia" and wants to privatise Social Security.

Plus, this is an example (different than a source) of virtually every non leftist/non Obama loving person in the world

Again, Niall Ferguson =/= "virtually every non leftist/non Obama loving person in the world."
Not even close.

predicting exactly what would happen as a result of BO's (lack of a) foreign policy throughout the entire timeline of events.

Again, this guy also believes in "Eurabia."

I know this one of my fields of expertise,

The bar must be terribly low, then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies