WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 07:08:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin  (Read 142724 times)
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« on: July 17, 2017, 11:21:05 PM »

These "Justice Democrats" remind me of the Tea Party, but even less smart politically.

As a super progressive, we need Joe Manchin. Conservative Democrats like him and Justice are the only Democrats that can win in West Virginia for Christ's sake.

Think of it this way: If Democrats are too conservative for you in West Virginia, imagine what the Republicans are like!
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 05:05:54 PM »

*snip*

Moreover, Manchin is essentially a Republican.

Look, you can think that all you want, but the fact is that if we'd run a liberal instead of Manchin for this seat last time around, the skinny repeal bill would've passed the Senate even with McCain.  Last night's vote is a perfect example of why your claim that Manchin is basically a Republican is ridiculous.  We saw how the "moderate" WV Republican Senator voted.  Manchin is there when we really need his vote and that's what matters.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »

If a Justice Democrat succeeds in primarying out Manchin, this race goes from Likely D to Likely R in my book.

Agreed, and if that happens, boy am I going to be...somewhat disgruntled. Progressive purists are going to throw away our chances at taking back Congress for the sake of having candidates that match their ideology, rather than candidates who best match their constituency and have the best chance of winning. I'm actually pretty glad the DCCC threw them a huge middle finger with their decision on pro-life Democrats.

Needless to say, if the purity test ends up killing Manchin, Democrats can kiss Congress goodbye for the next while. Geography is their biggest weakness, so they need moderates like Manchin to appeal to deeply red areas to even have a majority. Even with a decent bunch of those guys, Democrats don't have a majority.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 06:00:51 PM »

Manchin also has gobs of money, and WV is a less expensive state for campaigning.
Where do you think he raised that money, working hard at the soup kitchen feeding the homeless? No, raising millions of dollars from his donors and lobbyists who represent wall street and oil and gas companies.

I guess Jenkins or Morrissey would be better senators right?
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 04:04:16 PM »

Looking at the description of these events, I'm not sure if Ojeda is actually going to be there(given his dislike of Manchin) or if Manchin is just hosting an event on his behalf to perhaps try and make amends with him.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 12:19:48 PM »

🔥🔥🔥🔥

Damn son
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 04:25:56 PM »

Trump headed to Huntington on November 2nd, probably to deliver the nail in the political coffin of Ojeda and Manchin

Senator Roy Moore and Congressman Rick Saccone agree that Trump rallies doom Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies