Trump approval ratings thread 1.3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:49:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.3  (Read 180555 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 27, 2018, 01:08:44 PM »

Quinnipiac Poll of Florida is coming out later today.

The GOLD standard. Smiley

But seriously, I'm glad that they we have another pollster polling this state other than the same pollsters.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »

http://mtsupoll.org/

Trump approval at 50-41 in Tennessee.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 12:37:59 PM »

Trump's change in approval in one week in 5 recent polls.

Rasmussen: +4
Yougov: +5
Morning Consult: +3
Gallup: +3
Quinnipiac: +2
Clear tariff bump. Dems need to reconsider their hatred of the Rust Belt immediately.

Lol.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 12:48:02 AM »

Democracy Corps (D), June 1-5, 1400 RV with a subsample of 518 in 12 "battleground states": AZ, CO, FL, GA, MI, MN, NV, NM, OH, PA, TN, WI

National:

Approve 45 (strongly 21)
Disapprove 55 (strongly 42)

Battleground states:

Approve 46 (strongly 20)
Disapprove 54 (strongly 40)

Generic Congressional ballot: National D 51, R 42 (D+9), Battleground states D 49, R 43 (D+6)

D+6 isn't too shabby for that set of states, particularly with TN in the mix.

GA too. NM is an odd inclusion though

New Mexico was likely placed there for the relatively competitive governor’s race. But even then, I do agree that it’s somewhat far-fetched to call it a battleground.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 11:36:26 PM »

Twenty42 - I think there may be some validity to your theory, though I’d dispute/debate the size of such an effect. I’ve long felt that 2016 was a poisoned chalice and whoever won it would be a one-term POTUS.

I must admit...there were a couple fleeting moments where I considered voting for Hillary in 2016 in hopes of a Republican landslide in 2020. I came home in the end, of course.

Everything is an exercise in conjecture two years before the election, but I don't see Trump getting defeated in 2020 if the economy is good and we are at peace on the world stage. There is no reason to fire an incumbent when the two qualifications of a successful presidency are being fulfilled.

Here's what I feel that you're ignoring though. Things in history continue to happen over and over again...until they don't. Elliott County voted Democratic in every election since 1872 and I'm pretty sure quite a few people assumed that it would vote for Clinton in 2016. Obviously that was wrong.

My point is that you shouldn't be too confident in Trump winning reelex in 2020 because the good economy is gonna save him or whatever else is supposed to save him. Hell, we don't even know what the economy will look like between now and 2020. And yes, of course, I understand that there's a chance that he might win in 2020.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »

I thought the president didn’t have anything to do with unemployment/the economy. Or are you just handpicking narratives again?
That's not even the point of his post... Roll Eyes
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »

CBS News poll: Only a third of Americans (and 68% of Republicans) approve of the way Trump handled the Helsinki summit.

Overall: 32/55

D: 8/83
R: 68/21
I: 29/53

Wow, that's lower than I expected from Republicans. And I was also surprised to see that a slim majority of them even believe the Intelligence Agencies on Russian interference.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 09:41:30 AM »

Kind of sad when you step back and look at all the obsessing we do over Trump's poll movements.

This isn’t entirely true...you only obsess over downward poll movements. A 0.4% downtick in his numbers will get five threads, but a 0.4% uptick is meaningless noise.

Thunder98 should never call out Hofoid again after a ridiculous post like this.
I’m guessing you don’t see the times when people got anxious over his climb in the polls...

Also why are you so upset over such a harmless post?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies