COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:14:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 541901 times)
Splash
United States

« on: September 19, 2020, 09:21:09 PM »

I got back from work about an hour ago, and I have two observations to make concerning the "Land of Lamborn" (Colorado-5th), one of which is related to the pandemic, and one that is related to politics. I'll make them both here for the sake of space and convenience. The first is that the number of maskless at my job has definitely trended downwards compared to what it was one or two months ago, despite the mask mandate imposed by Polis back in July, and which was extended for another month last week.

The breakdown of masked to maskless customers is now probably about 80-20% or 85-15%, rather than the 90-10% that it was before. More and more people are becoming bold with that kind of behavior. I probably saw more maskless today then I have seen at any other time since the mandate was implemented. Given this, I have my doubts as to whether we will all really be wearing masks still for another year, as the experts seem to think. It just seems like many people don't have the patience or the tolerance for it.

The second observation is that I saw an abnormally large number of customers wearing Trump paraphernalia, more then I've seen before. There were at least 20-25 people wearing such gear today. I had to process three of them. One was wearing a Trump hat, one had a "MAGA" bandanna on, and another was wearing a "Trump 2020" face shield. I'm not sure if this occurred just because it was the weekend or because it's drawing closer to the election, or if it's because it's the day after Justice Ginsburg's death-which many have argued will drive up turnout and enthusiasm among both bases. But it was an interesting observation nevertheless, and I still haven't seen anyone wearing Biden gear. That seems to accord with the views of many that Trump voters are much more enthused than Biden voters.

I don't think that Biden voters are less enthused, so much as they're less loud about it.

This. And I am still waiting on some of the Biden gear I ordered the day after Harris was announced as VP.
Splash
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 08:11:15 PM »

Splash
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 03:46:15 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies