Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:18:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 92624 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« on: February 10, 2020, 12:25:51 PM »

Apparently some people view Biden's anti-Pete ad as a homophobic dog whistle suggesting Buttigieg "stick to decorating."
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 11:23:03 AM »

Why do people think NV would be a good state for Biden? Nothing about it is more favorable to Biden than IA or NH.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 01:57:16 PM »

In what universe are "almost all the races right after ST . . . gonna be Bernie friendly"?

Who is saying this? Some (ID, ND, WA, etc.) obviously are

I'm not in WA right now so I don't have a sense on the ground, but I'm really wondering if it will be as Sanders-friendly as conventional wisdom suggests. Bernie will do great in Seattle, Bellingham, and Olympia (probably Yakima as well), but I would expect him to lose a lot of votes in east King County, Snohomish, Pierce, and Clark. A lot of those votes may go to Warren or Bloomberg and not Biden, but a lot will. Clinton won the 2016 primary, Obama only narrowly won the 2008 primary, and the state is really anti-tax for its Democratic lean. The state also has a big healthcare industry which could be threatened under Medicare for All (I'm quite interested in how Spokane goes as it seems like anti-establishment Sanders country but also has a big reliance on healthcare).

If Sanders does win it, I don't expect a rout.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 02:30:56 PM »

Oh my god, I just watched the clip from Mayor Pete's endorsement and how Joe Biden compared him to Beau. I'm almost crying because of this. Both of them are have so much character.

Saw this on Reddit:

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 12:36:52 PM »

This was truly an epic performance. Malarkey was destroyed, etc. After settling all family business, it seemed Biden was shaping up to have a good night, but he did even better than expected. I'm glad the candidate I support did so well, but beyond that, I'm comforted that he proved to have support with an extremely broad, multi-regional, cross-demographic coalition that could win everywhere. Any demographic of size, white or black, college-educated or not, Joe Biden had a major showing in it.

The results in Maine, Massachusetts, and Minnesota were the most surprising wins considering he spent no time, money, or effort in them. But I'm struck by the results in my home state:

Biden did stronger than Hillary Clinton! Sure, she got a higher percentage of the vote, but underneath the surface, Biden won and with big turnout across the board. In Fairfax County, Biden got 38% more votes than HRC. In Chesterfield County, Biden got 48% more votes. The story is consistent across the suburbs. But even more impressively, this held everywhere, even in areas Democrats are thought to be hemorrhaging support. In mountainous Giles County (Romney +25, Trump +48), Biden got 34% more votes. In the heavily evangelical Bedford County (Romney +44, Trump +50), Biden got 90%(!) more votes.

I don't know what the general election will look like, but there are clearly a lot of people beyond the 2016 electorate comfortable voting for Joe Biden. That's a good sign moving forward.

It's almost like Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate who many people hated, while no one hates Joe Biden.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »

Harris would be a divisive pick. I'd go with Duckworth myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies