Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:44:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 92643 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 08, 2019, 09:58:43 PM »

God help us if this moron gets the nomination

Joe Biden is worried the Republican Party might get 'clobbered.'

"It’s not like there’s going to be some great epiphany and people are going to wake up and go, 'oh my God, I'm now a Democrat.' And if you hear people on the rope line saying, ‘I'm a Republican,’ I say, ‘Stay a Republican.’ Vote for me but stay a Republican, because we need a Republican Party."

He later added that he's concerned about what would happen if the Republican Party was totally "clobbered."

"I'm really worried that no party should have too much power," he said. "You need a countervailing force."

I'm tempted to say Biden at this point is worse than Trump--while the Republican government is essentially evil at this point, Biden sees this evil, acknowledges it (by running against it) and still thinks it's an acceptable thing we should keep around.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 01:19:38 PM »

Biden (and Pete) released his governing strategy plans today and you guessed it: bipartisanship will help him pass his agenda!
The sad part is that this is what voters want. I forgot the exact numbers but it was either a plurality or a bare majority of Democrats wanted the nominee to be someone who will work with Republicans. Voters are naive or plain willfully ignorant about how bloody politics is. But Joe is giving them what they want.

It's going to be him and we need to elect as many Democrats to pad/create the majority as possible.

It won't matter because he'll still do the only thing Dems seem to know how to do anymore--ask Republicans to shape their agenda.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 01:31:59 AM »

Biden (and Pete) released his governing strategy plans today and you guessed it: bipartisanship will help him pass his agenda!

That's right...so go vote GOP in Congressional races as they are clamoring to help Biden govern. But remember guys....Med4all is the real pie in the sky fantasy

Has Biden learned nothing at all from President Obama's experience? 

Biden is proving incapable of learning anything period.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 05:03:21 PM »

Stop. Y’all know that man is not putting a Republican on the ticket.

I do think it’s hella annoying how Democrats are always asked these stupid ass questions though.

You're right, but Biden's also the one who chose to give that particular answer, further proving he's unfit for office.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 06:54:38 PM »

Stop. Y’all know that man is not putting a Republican on the ticket.

I do think it’s hella annoying how Democrats are always asked these stupid ass questions though.

You're right, but Biden's also the one who chose to give that particular answer, further proving he's unfit for office.
That’s a reach. I could easily see Warren and Sanders saying something similar and the people on Twitter would have been just fine with it. Yes, Biden is naive as hell when it comes to the GOP but he would not put them on the ticket. He was just saying something to get them out of his face. Democrats aren’t allowed to come across as craven and hyper-partisan like the media allows the GOP to be.

I'll give you that, which is why I wish we'd get somebody who would rip control of the narrative out of Republican hands for once rather than playing by their rules. And really this goes for the party as a whole, not just Biden in particular.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 07:16:50 PM »

That Biden video talking about Hillary is 3 years old yet everyone keeps acting like he just said it last week or something.

I'd also wager that less than 10% of the people familiar with the "corn pop" video know that it's almost 3 years old.

This is one criticism I just don't get. As the Dem VP, what else was he supposed to say about his own party's nominee?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies