GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:14:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread  (Read 71206 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: June 20, 2017, 08:23:20 AM »

I'm assuming NYT will have its nice map up, as always?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 09:30:09 AM »

Hopefully we get some turnout reports. It's all about who comes out to vote today, and what the performance of DeKalb vs Cobb turns out to be in the end.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »

Is there any evidence of weather (outside of catastrophic weather) actually having an impact on elections?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »

Imagine how hilarious it would be if the Democrats lost GA-06 but won SC-05, lol.

Anyway, links to the NYTimes and AP results plz?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:11:18 PM »

I know a whole family that lives in this part of DeKalb, two engineers and one administrator, all Puerto Rican, and they all voted for Ossoff today. Get your foot out of your mouth marty.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 07:29:19 PM »

Don't DO THIS to me Archie.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 07:45:40 PM »

That SC dump! Archie may have a chance.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 07:55:37 PM »

Barring a miracle in York, Parnell fell short.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 08:00:11 PM »

This is one of the ads that Parnell ran. If loving this is wrong, then I don't want to be right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZsJjqDvSRw

10/10 ad right here.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 08:12:46 PM »

When will this country have some mercy on my soul? Good lord, I weep for our futures.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 08:33:01 PM »

Ossoff better hope those mail votes are like 80-20 Dem

Exactly when are these going to be factored in?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 08:49:08 PM »

If Democrats think they're going to be taking the House in 2018, this is a district they'll likely need to win.  This is supposed to be their brand new "winning coalition" of educated whites.  Epic fail, IF they have in fact lost.

I'm not so sure that winning Republican districts is going to help Democrats.  What Ds need are swing seats and a fair redistricting process for 2022.  They might not win back the House until 2022 when a new map is produced.
"fair"

As opposed to whatever you call this:

I knew something like this was coming. Republicans gerrymander. Everyone does. Not one gives a s*** about fairness when you can give your party control of the country.

Don't come at us with that drivel. Let me know when Republicans have to win the popular House vote by 10 points to have a chance at a majority. This country is absolutely nuts.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 09:36:19 PM »

Anyone who's here talking about "muh issues" and the like are clearly deluding themselves. The political parties now represent a proxy racial and cultural war in this country. You can confidently predict who will win what place based on demographics, save a few exceptions where it's more about culture.

You have horrible candidates running on dog whistles and failing to govern effectively and responsibly, yet still getting elected running on similar agendas. You also have candidates running as an alternative to put a stop to cronyism and bad policies, and they don't get elected.

I have little faith left for this country, if any at all. This is all exacerbated by adults behaving like petulant children in a playground, basically summarized in "HAHAHA YOU LOSE, LOLOL." Seriously? I'm ashamed for all of us. I thought this country was better than that.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 09:43:39 PM »

Jfern, if every democrat who lost has lost because they're not left wing enough, why did Quist lose by 6 points?

He won't be satisfied until you run Che Guevara.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 09:58:15 PM »

The GA-6 result tonight shows that the reluctant trump voter is still willing to give him a shot, even though they are saying they disapprove of him in . It also shows that dems need to do some massive lesson learning if they are to win back the house in '18.

2018 house rating: Lean R ---> Strong Lean R
Utterly delusional. Double digit swings in every special election, a president with a <40 approval rating. Everything points to a Dem wave

The House is too gerrymandered and the Senate map is too unfriendly in 2018. Maybe in 2024 or after Trump and the R party completely tear the country to shreds.

Until then, they can run full steam ahead on dog whistles and disrespecting the cultures of all sorts of peoples (i.e. minorities), while doing nothing that benefits the common American in practice. It'll come back to haunt them eventually, whether by self-destructive behavior or by actually running this country to the ground.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 10:02:04 PM »

Why are dems so self loathing? You complain that you never win anything, but you know what winners don't do? Constantly feel sorry for themselves and bitch about how they're doomed and can never come back

Stop deluding yourself with false hope. Realize that change has to happen and that Obama was the last good thing this party had happen in a long time. You want to win? You don't do it by chanting the same mantra and doing the same things over and over. You do it by changing what you do and that starts with looking at what's currently being done.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 10:33:07 PM »

I find it funny that Trump and Republican are celebrating about winning in Kansas, Montana, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Still celebrating winning in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc.

Things look very good for yall right now, I can see it and I admit it. But a piece of friendly advice, don't get too cocky, just trust me and all the other liberals feeding you our tears now, you don't want to end up like us.
I acknowledge the fact that these special elections are sending mixed signals about 2018 midterms. Though Democratic candidates are making these elections very close, they can't quite make it to the finish line.

This is why I don't see the Democrats taking the House back in 2018 unless we're in the middle of a recession. Yes, Democrats clearly have more enthusiasm and they'll net gain 10-20 seat but that'll only get them so far.
I always thought that it was harder for Rep to vote for Dem than a Dem voting for a Rep.
This is strictly me, a moderate Republican, I have no problem at all voting for a Dem if they are a better candidate

You're a rare and dying breed.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 01:14:41 PM »

When will some people realize it takes more than just a good candidate to win a race? Ossoff was by no means a bad candidate. He wasn't perfect, but he did probably pretty close to the best a Democrat in his position could do given the circumstances. People don't lose just because of how good they are as a candidate. Perhaps there is a set of factors that could have aligned to provide a victory, but that was not the case here at this time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies