opinion of (former poster) pbrunsel?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:53:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opinion of (former poster) pbrunsel?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
ff

hp

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: opinion of (former poster) pbrunsel?  (Read 743 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »

Ff and a great student of history!

Why was he banned?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:08:05 PM »

You mean hawkeye?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 06:10:04 PM »

Explain.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 06:11:38 PM »

FF. A damn shame he's gone. I would be most pleased were he to grace us with his presence. Like Jesus, he was before my time, though I have read many of his works.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 06:12:13 PM »

Wasn't that his alter-ego?

I don't remember too much about it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »

He was a very nice, knowledgeable guy. Of course, what I remember the most about him is how much he loved a certain President from West Branch, Iowa.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »

Good guy, and the author of the greatest TL to ever grace this forum.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »

I liked his brother better. Not hawkeye, but the other one that liked turtles or whatever it was.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 09:34:12 PM »

Was he the one who practically worshipped Herbert Hoover?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 09:46:15 AM »

Yes, the Hoover lover. I was proud to serve as his VP.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 09:49:05 AM »

walter, what's up with the sentimental atlas graveyard polls?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 06:22:56 AM »

walter, what's up with the sentimental atlas graveyard polls?

Because those were the Good Old Days! Before the forum lost its roots, before we had all become hopelessly jaded from trolls and hacks.

Back when CARLHAYDEN wasn't just a grumpy troll but a genuine participant in the forum's community!
Not particularly.

However, I do miss PBrunsel.

I really don't have an opinion on the identity controversy.

Back when Dave Leip was not only present, but actively communicated forum issues with non-moderators!
There was a point when Hawkeye disappeared for awhile. PBrunsel said this was because he asked him to leave, so he did. Of course then he reapeared. This explanation sounds more likely.

This is a good point.

States, when did Dave say the bans were?

Back when our members naively assumed everyone's word should be trusted!
While I would like to close the case and say that there are no problems, there clearly are.

First, Hawkeye has claimed to have an IQ of 300 and to have any number of Ph.Ds in subjects such as economics, biology, etc.  In fact, in just about every single topic he talks about he claims to have a degree.  All of this is clearly false for reasons that I hope I don't need to explain.

Second, Hawkeye never once laughed.  Ever.  Nor did Hawkeye ever say anything personable, such as talking about life experiences or any other thing unrelated to politics.  All he ever did was go on and on about "libs" and all the bad things they did.  This is not normal behavior for a normal human being.  Even the most caustic characters we've had such as AuH2O and bandit are capable of finding things funny and showing glimpses of humanity.

There are many other things that don't seem at all right about the Hawkeye character, but I won't list them because I think everyone already basically knows what they are.

It comes down to this: either the most brilliant and capable human being to walk the Earth, whose sole purpose in life is to hate liberals, is posting on some irrelevant political forum, or Hawkeye is a fake.

I have policy of always taking someone at their word unless there is credible reason to suspect otherwise.  Unfortunately, in this case, I am quite confident that there is indeed credible reason, and I am getting a strong feeling that someone is not coming clean and is attempting to sweep something under the carpet by appealing to people's emotions and sense of sympathy.

There is also the case as I have pointed out in the past, that Hawkeye's behavior was not even consistent with that of people with extremely whacked or fringe views. For example, you'd have a tough time finding a Holocaust denier who also hates "libs" for opposing the "War on Terror". As far as most Holocaust deniers are concerned, the Bush admin is no better than liberals, if not worse (almost all white supremecists and the like are against the Patriot Act for example) and see the "War on Terror" and Iraq invasions as just proxy wars for Israel. There's also Hawkeye's hatred of the Irish. Blatant anti-Irish racism went away almost a century ago, and from what I saw while reading Stormfront out of curiosity, white supremecists love St. Patrick's Day, as it's a day to celebrate white heritage to them, as Irish are white. You can go look on Stormfront, Free Republic and Little Green Footballs, etc. and despite all the types of nutjobs you'll find, you won't find anyone like Hawkeye.

The examples of AuH2O and bandit are good ones, since even as bizarre as they got at times, their views were at least consistant and make sense if you look at it from a very warped mindset, there's a method to the madness to put it one way. Hawkeye's "views" don't make any sense, even from an extremely warped outlook.

Back when J.J. put that MENSA membership to use with some stellar detective work!
PB has claimed that "Hawkeye" is his brother and is a phys ed teacher. 

Here is a list of the times of some of "Hawkeye's" post:

[lots of quotes]

I've tried to exclude the weekends and school holidays, and only included those posts that would not be during school hours; many of these include multiple posts over the course of the same school day.  Over the last three months "Hawkeye" does not seem to have been at school about a quarter of the time, since he's posting from PB's computer. 

We also have the situation where a Google search shows no one with PB's real last name employed anyplace near Davenport, IA as a teacher.

PB, however, has vouched for "Hawkeye," including his bio.

PBrunsel, obviously, you were not being accurate when you vouched for "Hawkeye."  You owe us all an explanation, at the very least.

Back when Statesrights was still around, exposing the truth to us all!

Interesting message I recieved from "Karl", he basically demands I take damning links down. Of course I will never do such a thing..but here's the PM.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I must remind everyone of his signature as well :

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

As for deals, their are none. I don't negotiate with forum terrorists.
[/quote]

When ideological divides were secondary to the greater good of the forum, with even Ebowed and Statesrights fighting side-by-side!
All of these fellows are different people. I am PBrunsel so I am right since I am as honest as George Washington. End of story.

Harry I won the election, get over it.

WTF!

"I am PBrunsel so I am right" ... wow.

What does some election have to do with this?

This is worrying.

Libs, please clean up your mess after you have completed your live libgasm.

All the niggas I know think Bush is ta illest.

I had an orgasm upon hearing the news of your most grievous return.

Factually inacurate-that was so funny I had an orgasm.

Back when the forum was an anarchy, requiring all Atlasians to do their best for the forum as a ragtag militia until peace could be preserved!
The problem, as I see it, is that their basically are NO administrators taking care of any business around here. Call me or other members "sociopaths" if you'd like, but when no authority is around investigating multiple accounts, massive trolling, fraud, etc, it is up to the community as a whole to do the work. If we want a stable and fair community where the issues of the day can be debated w/out the quality being drug down by user of multiple accounts and abusive trolls we need to police ourselves as Dave himself has said we need to do, in the past. What other members and myself have done is in the long term interest of this forum, keeping it clean and keeping it in a civil manner around here for you or I to debate our differences. If you don't mind flame wars, trolling, personal attacks, etc., then I suggest you should try out DU, Free Republic, Myspace Groups, or MSN Chat rooms if that is more of your flavor. What went on here to unncover the events surrounding PB, Karl, and Hawkeye, IMHO is fair and square and what moderators (which we lack) would and should be doing. On many other forums all three members would have been banned outright, IP ban, straight up with little question or debate among the membership but unfortunately, as we have no real authority here, members like this can linger on and on and be allowed to create their havoc punishment free.

Well, I know you probably won't read or respond to my post but good day and have a safe weekend.

-Jeff
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 06:23:30 AM »

As far as I can tell this actually isn't the case. I combed the ModCave and looked through all the "controversy!" threads from the debacle and there is no reference to a ban ever being placed on PBrunsel.

After the Hawkeye debacle he left, then returned after a while to intermittently post for several more years:
Incredible, you found some xanga sites. Keep the heck out of my private life States. I don't go on witch hunts against you. My brother decided to get rid of a xanga site when he wanted a new one, so please stop.

I am only PBrunsel,

I have strived so hard to do good. I have tried so hard to do right. I have given as much to this forum as I have taken. My friends, I can no longer take these insults on my character. I have never given one, not one, inclination that I am a liar. That StatesRights, a man whom I have defended throughout my time at this forum, would so attack my character and rub my good name in the mud makes me sick.

Today I lost my girlfriend for eight months, and I cried my friends. I cried tears of disappointment, now I cry tears of bitter regret towards this forum. I today weep for I now know what misery feels like.

I leave now with a quote by Herbert Hoover, “Wisdom consists not so much in knowing what to do in the ultimate as knowing what to do next”. I know what to do next. I shall request from Dave and IP ban for Hawkeye, Karl, and myself, and we shall no longer “humiliate” this forum with our presence.

Thank you to Ilikeverin, NewFederalist, Texasgurl, Keystone Phil, MasterJedi, and Everett who have stood by me, you who are my age (speaking to Phil most of all) shall be leaders amongst men and Presidents.

Old posters never die, they simply fade away.

Hello fellows. In the words of MacArthur, "I have returned." Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies