Worst US State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:36:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Worst US State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Worst US State  (Read 31648 times)
MarkDel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2004, 01:06:51 AM »

Crapo is awesome, btw, why did you work on Capitol Hill, it's awesome that you did.  Smiley  

Why or when?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2004, 01:12:48 AM »

John,

Yes, Massachusetts would be my worst nightmare. Rhode Island and Maine would be pretty bad too.

Ah, Maine's a great state, especially the coast.

If you're talking about politics, Maine isn't that left-wing, heh. A little quirky, but not ultra left-wing.

Nation,

I know it's not all that left wing. In fact, I think the overall politics of Maine defies description within the normal definitions of American political ideology. And that's part of the problem, people are TOO DAMN WEIRD up there.

One of the reasons I enjoy it, heh.
MarkDel

« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2004, 01:16:46 AM »

Crapo is awesome, btw, why did you work on Capitol Hill, it's awesome that you did.  Smiley  

Why or when?

Let's go with both.

My first job out of college was as a Legislative Assistant and Press Secretary for Congressman James Walsh (R-NY), and after that I worked for the Republican National Committee. When I was younger, I thought I wanted a career in politics...I changed my mind in my late 20's.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2004, 01:35:45 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Idaho = second worst.  Not just full of racist, neo-Nazi kooks, but also way too cold.

Did I fail to mention that the people who live there are haters and are extremely rude?  See why you don't want to live there?  It's not just the cold air.  It's the people.  Trust me, it sucks really bad.  Avoid at all costs!

freedomburns  
MarkDel

« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2004, 01:38:10 AM »

Freedom Burns,

Rude in Idaho? No way. Perhaps quick to judge, or narrow minded, but not rude. If you mind your own business, people there won't think twice about you, they'll just go about their own business.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2004, 01:43:23 AM »

Well, I can only speak from experience.  They were nice enough to me when I was there, but extremely rude to every person of color that I have spoken to who passed through or lived there.  I can't cotton with that kind of attitude.  Boise is the worst.  I can tolerate anything except intolerence.  I am only prejudiced against predjudiced people.

freedomburns
MarkDel

« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2004, 01:47:27 AM »

Well, I can only speak from experience.  They were nice enough to me when I was there, but extremely rude to every person of color that I have spoken to who passed through or lived there.  I can't cotton with that kind of attitude.  Boise is the worst.  I can tolerate anything except intolerence.  I am only prejudiced against predjudiced people.

freedomburns

I understand, you won't tolerate those who won't tolerate...ok, so logical coherence isn't a strong suit of the modern left...LOL

I'm just kidding...I understand your point, and if true, I would have a big problem with it as well.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2004, 02:02:25 AM »

Census stats for Idaho 2000:  

White persons, percent, 2000 (a) 91.0%   USA - 75.1%
  Black  persons, percent, 2000 (a) 0.4%     USA - 12.3%
  Asian persons, percent, 2000 (a) 0.9%      USA - 3.6%
  Hispannic origin, percent, 2000 (b) 7.9%    USA - 12.5%

You think it's just random that ZERO POINT FOUR percent of the population is black??  I am thinking that I am right about this state more and more.

freedomburns
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2004, 02:09:40 AM »

In my county, Alameda:

White persons, percent, 2000 (a) 48.8%    USA - 75.1%
Black  persons, percent, 2000 (a) 14.9%    USA - 12.3%
Asian persons, percent, 2000 (a) 20.4%     USA - 3.6%
Hispanic origin, percent, 2000 (b) 19.0%     USA - 12.5%

Diversity rules!  Racist a**holes suck!!

freedomburns
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2004, 02:22:30 AM »

Most people who say jersey sucks are

1. people who've never been there and just listen to what comics say about it.  

2. people from NY who've seen nothing more than the trashy area near NYC.....like those comics I was just talking about.  

Yes, Camden, Trenton, Newark and the immediate surrounding areas are absolute sh*tholes.  But the rest of the state is about the nicest from of suburbia you can find.  The NJ shore, along with LBI is awesome, and much cleaner than it used to be.  C'mon, everytime the "mpst livable" rankings come out for all the states, NJ is usually around #10, so give it a rest, NJ is not near as bad as you think.  

AS for this question, why are you putting all your "political oppposition states".  C'mon, all you republicans know Massachusetts is not the worst place to live in the US,  and I know Utah isn't.  Worst place is probably.....well, Texas.  Hot, muggy, trailer parks, home the Dallas Cowboys, smells like @$$, frickin annoying accents....what's to like about the place?  Best place? NC, baby.  OBX is the sh*t.  

I Second everything you just said.  Cowboys just got a bruised Eddie George.  He'll play what 3 games.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2004, 02:24:48 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2004, 02:28:04 AM by Senate Candidate Handzus26 »

Hockey Dude,

Massachusetts dislikes...

Taxes, rude arrogant people, weather, traffic, Red Sox fans, ugly area except part of Boston and politics. I've been there many times and I truly despise Massachusetts. I love New Jersey though...

I'd take Massachusetts over my own hellhole, redneck conservative state outside of Philly.  Cold climate, lots of bars, and I thought the peopl there were great and very open minded.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2004, 02:45:25 AM »

I don't travel often, but I do wonder about relocating.

Cities/Suburbs in Blue America:

(1) Suburban NYC (Westchester Co., Suffolk Co., ABSOLUTELY NOT Nassau!);  (2) San Diego; (3) suburban Washington DC (except Prince Georges Co). The only problem being the fact that I would need to strangle my neighbors as soon as I moved in. And the million-dollar-a-year income I'd need just to pay the taxes.

The rest of Blue America can cram it, especially the Pacific Northwest and New England.

Worst Blue State: So many to choose from, but I must go with Rhode Island.

Suburbs/Rural Areas in Red America

Let's face facts: cities in Red America are abominable. Diffuse; lacking any sort of character or distinction; pockmarked with empty lots, grass growing in sidewalks, chain-linked fences, etc. But that could be Los Angeles, so I guess ugly cities aren't just a Red State phenomenon.

Furthermore, the suburbs are little better, filled to the brim with tacky mass-produced McMansions (ie, Nassau Co clones) with decks and patios and verandas and gables and gables and baby gables... Marietta GA is the worst in that regard.

The only benefit Red State cities offer over the Blue ones is the cost of living, so I guess I'd move to the cheapest city.

Worst Red State: Tossup between Nebraska (too isolated) and, sorry StatesRights, Florida (Red State amenities combined with Blue State taxes and attitude).

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2004, 03:03:09 AM »

I don't travel often, but I do wonder about relocating.

Cities/Suburbs in Blue America:

(1) Suburban NYC (Westchester Co., Suffolk Co., ABSOLUTELY NOT Nassau!);  (2) San Diego; (3) suburban Washington DC (except Prince Georges Co). The only problem being the fact that I would need to strangle my neighbors as soon as I moved in. And the million-dollar-a-year income I'd need just to pay the taxes.

The rest of Blue America can cram it, especially the Pacific Northwest and New England.

Worst Blue State: So many to choose from, but I must go with Rhode Island.

Suburbs/Rural Areas in Red America

Let's face facts: cities in Red America are abominable. Diffuse; lacking any sort of character or distinction; pockmarked with empty lots, grass growing in sidewalks, chain-linked fences, etc. But that could be Los Angeles, so I guess ugly cities aren't just a Red State phenomenon.

Furthermore, the suburbs are little better, filled to the brim with tacky mass-produced McMansions (ie, Nassau Co clones) with decks and patios and verandas and gables and gables and baby gables... Marietta GA is the worst in that regard.

The only benefit Red State cities offer over the Blue ones is the cost of living, so I guess I'd move to the cheapest city.

Worst Red State: Tossup between Nebraska (too isolated) and, sorry StatesRights, Florida (Red State amenities combined with Blue State taxes and attitude).

Storebought - valid critique of the American landscape.  Have you ever thought of leaving the country?  I recommend it - I depart October 14th!
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2004, 03:18:32 AM »

Storebought - valid critique of the American landscape.  Have you ever thought of leaving the country?  I recommend it - I depart October 14th!
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I can't. I start grad school this August--in Texas--so I'm kind of stuck with the ugly burgs for the next 5 years.

Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2004, 03:35:35 AM »

I'm surprised that in this "competition" no one has ever mentioned sh*itholes like rural Nevada, and with Rural Nevada I mean everything outside Clark County, Scranton, PA; Brigdeport, Conn; Buffalo, NY; and Gary, IN.

By the way, there are plenty of other reasons why I wouldn't live in California, not just politics. I dom't think I'd mind visiting(then again I'm not sure), but I wouldn't live there if Arnold begged me to.

And Mass., Maine and NV come really close.
raggage

« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2004, 04:17:45 AM »

PA, as Santorum is there and I couldn't stand having him as my Senator.

Politics aside, Alabama......
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2004, 07:30:53 AM »

Scranton, PA; Brigdeport, Conn; Buffalo, NY; and Gary, IN.

Watch it! I like the Rustbelt (admittedly Gary proper is a sh*thole, but the other cities you mentioned aren't that bad).

If you want to pick on a Anthracite region town, go with Centralia. What's left of it... Sad
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2004, 08:33:47 AM »

Census stats for Idaho 2000:  

White persons, percent, 2000 (a) 91.0%   USA - 75.1%
  Black  persons, percent, 2000 (a) 0.4%     USA - 12.3%
  Asian persons, percent, 2000 (a) 0.9%      USA - 3.6%
  Hispannic origin, percent, 2000 (b) 7.9%    USA - 12.5%

You think it's just random that ZERO POINT FOUR percent of the population is black??  I am thinking that I am right about this state more and more.

freedomburns

So every county in every state should have over 1% blacks? That's ridiculous. Just because an area doesn't have a lot of blacks doesnt make it somehow racist.  What if they city had 80% Blacks and very few whites. Would you be screaming about that as well? Of course we can look at history and see what Democrats have done for blacks compared to Republicans. We know which party has the nastier of the history and it doesn't start with a "R" either.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2004, 09:47:32 AM »

What's wrong with Idaho?  It's a pretty inoffensive state, and they produce great potatoes!

In the same line of thinking, what's wrong with Utah?

Utah is infested with the crazy Mormons.

So, do you consider me one of the crazy Mormons?

Depends on you really.  Don't take it personally, its just that your religion has often preached practices that deviate from western societal norms.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2004, 10:04:13 AM »

I have to agree with StatesRights. Black people might just not want to live in Idaho. Can't say I blame them.

As for me, I like where I live. I don't think I could live in a rural area, quite a few suburbs, and places like Youngstown, Flint, and Johnstown. I have certain needs that I think could be met in Cambridge, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington. I enjoyed visiting Chicago, Baltimore, and Philadelphia, but living there full time is just not for me.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2004, 11:39:28 AM »

Scranton, PA; Brigdeport, Conn; Buffalo, NY; and Gary, IN.

Watch it! I like the Rustbelt (admittedly Gary proper is a sh*thole, but the other cities you mentioned aren't that bad).

If you want to pick on a Anthracite region town, go with Centralia. What's left of it... Sad

I think Gary should be ceded to Illinois.  Sure, Indiana would lose about half of its Democraticness, but it would make Indiana sooo much better Cheesy

And only Gary, mind you.  Indiana should still keep its Sand Dunes Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2004, 11:48:35 AM »

freedomburns

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.  I can't stand stupid Californians like yourself who think you know everything about every other state.  You have no idea what this state is like, and you have no idea what Boise is like.  And I'm prejudiced against ignorant people like you.  Your attitude is so grossly disgusting I can hardly stand to read your posts.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2004, 11:52:27 AM »

Mr. Fresh,

The funny thing is this....if you or I had said, "I don't like Detroit because it's filled with all of those crazy MUSLIMS" can you imagine the reaction of the Left Wingers?

It's OK for them to make fun of Christian-based religions and call them all sorts of names, but they enforce political correctness in all other areas.

Hypocrisy 101...

Amazingly, you are completely right.  I just read something where a City Council in South Carolina can't open with a prayer mentioning Jesus, yet I bet they could do the same mentioning Allah.

Yep. In Palm Beach, the city council refused to allow Christians to put up a nativity scene at their place of business, yet the CITY ITSELF had expressions of the Jewish and Islamic faith specifically placed on city property!!!

You Christians have enough Churches everywhere, you don't need a frickin nativity scene.  
elcorazon

« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2004, 11:53:01 AM »

I'll say Nebraska.  There's no way I'm reading this whole thread by the way.  Anybody want to sum it up for me?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2004, 11:53:55 AM »

Mr. Fresh,

The funny thing is this....if you or I had said, "I don't like Detroit because it's filled with all of those crazy MUSLIMS" can you imagine the reaction of the Left Wingers?

It's OK for them to make fun of Christian-based religions and call them all sorts of names, but they enforce political correctness in all other areas.

Hypocrisy 101...

Amazingly, you are completely right.  I just read something where a City Council in South Carolina can't open with a prayer mentioning Jesus, yet I bet they could do the same mentioning Allah.

Yep. In Palm Beach, the city council refused to allow Christians to put up a nativity scene at their place of business, yet the CITY ITSELF had expressions of the Jewish and Islamic faith specifically placed on city property!!!

You Christians have enough Churches everywhere, you don't need a frickin nativity scene.  

So much for freedom, huh?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies