IL-Gov. 2018 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:18:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Gov. 2018 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Gov. 2018 Megathread  (Read 114469 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 13, 2017, 03:14:53 AM »

A key difference is that Illinois is Safe D, while Maine is Tilt D at best. Also, Rauner's state isn't 95% White. The McCaskill comparison is actually pretty good: Barring an implosion of the Republican (in MO) or Democratic (in IL) candidate, both of them will probably go down in flames (though McCaskill even more than Rauner). The only thing that could help Rauner is that gubernatorial races are less partisan, but his approval ratings aren't that great either.
I agree. Reelection for governors in states that are strongly against their party either end up as landslides in their favor or dramatic losses.

For example, Schwarzenegger vs Angelides or O'Malley vs. Ehrlich.

Sebelius 2006 or Strickland vs Kasich
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »

Hopefully Pritzker's supporters will all bail for Chris Kennedy. Daniel Biss seems like a Rockefeller Republican in a Democrat's clothing to me based on his views on pensions and charter schools.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »

With the racial crap being used against Pritzker and Biss being Republican-lite, how the hell is Chris Kennedy a distant third?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:45:59 PM »

With the racial crap being used against Pritzker and Biss being Republican-lite, how the hell is Chris Kennedy a distant third?

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/December-2017/Chris-Kennedy/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

JFC this primary is like a bad reality show. What a joke.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 09:07:17 PM »

Ives’ performance is unbelievable.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 11:17:05 AM »

Me too.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »

I’m very glad to see Ives’ showing. With half of his party turned against him, he’s more than likely circling the drain.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 08:11:32 PM »

The Democratic primary should have been entitled "The Three Stooges of the Prairie State" because that's what they were. Given the alternatives, I'm glad Pritzker won. We all know Kennedy was a clueless fool, but Biss was a Republican in sheep's clothing. Combine the fact that he would have ended pensions, term-limited lawmakers, and handed control of the legislature over to the Republicans by ending gerrymandering, I'm shocked that so many Democrats on this site lined up behind him.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 07:44:21 AM »

The Democratic primary should have been entitled "The Three Stooges of the Prairie State" because that's what they were. Given the alternatives, I'm glad Pritzker won. We all know Kennedy was a clueless fool, but Biss was a Republican in sheep's clothing. Combine the fact that he would have ended pensions, term-limited lawmakers, and handed control of the legislature over to the Republicans by ending gerrymandering, I'm shocked that so many Democrats on this site lined up behind him.

I've looked at a number of neutral maps for the IL legislature. None of them hand to GA to the Pubs, though they would have an outside chance in wave year like 1994 or 2010. Even then they would give it up two years later as they did in1996.

The Democrats have already lost a bunch of seats because the Republicans just scream  “MADIGAN!!!1!!!1!1” endlessly, just as how Democrats hold only one Congressional seat outside Chicago. One would figure that would happen in the legislature too if the districts were drawn impartially.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies