Trump voters, do you regret your vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:14:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump voters, do you regret your vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Trump voters, do you regret your vote?
Yes and I voted for Biden in 2020

Yes but not until after the 2020 election

No but I'd prefer someone other than Trump to run in the future

No

Non-Trump voter but I regret not voting for him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Trump voters, do you regret your vote?  (Read 2343 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 06, 2021, 09:02:24 PM »

Why would someone regret voting for a losing candidate? That doesn’t even make sense. What would they have to regret when they didn’t even get anything anyways?

Well, I mean, given January 6, do you regret supporting a would-be insurrectionist? Otherwise, your logic does make sense. The only reason other than January 6 a Trump voter would regret their vote is if they support Biden's presidency so far, which is very unlikely in the case of most Trump voters.
bUt JaNuARy SiXTh...

What's even your point?  Are we saying we should forget about it?  If so, why should we forget about it?  I'm quite positive that if a Democratic president had encouraged a riot and failed to call the rioters off for hours after it started, that you'd still be up in arms about it.

Nobody outside of the DC media bubble believes this garbage. What he said was normal fired-up political rhetoric and almost every Democrat said the same sort of thing after the George Floyd incident just before the summer riots started and nobody said a word in the media. Not to mention, these were not insurrectionists and starting a revolution so much as a small bunch of morons who walked into the capitol and started vandalizing after police let them in. As far as trying to overthrow the government as the media narrative states, that's pretty pathetic.

The emphasis on what Trump said on January 6th and the whole "incitement of the riot" was a complete misdirect from where the attention and concern should have been, which was that a President had stoked such anger over the course of months and then when that was followed up with the situation at the capitol, and with that you essentially germinate the idea of Presidents just raiding congress with angry mobs or down the road tanks to get his way on a particular issue.

In this case, that particular issue happens to be the stolen election narrative, where Trump's statements were completely divorced from the facts at hand and nothing since has backed up Trump's repeated claims "we were getting ready to win this and it just stopped" and "we won this in a landslide". Even if you acknowledge the issues in GA and PA with law changes prior to, such was the law at the time the election was conducted, no action was taken prior to the election in court to prevent these actions. Furthermore efforts to boost resources and such to expedite the counting of mail in ballots were blocked by GOP state legislatures, Trump discouraged mail in voting and thus created the red mirage and thus the illusion that Trump was winning when it was just an incomplete count and rely on this visual to serve as the basis in the minds of Republicans, for a stream of complete misinformation to then serve as the confirmation bias towards.

To those people who down play behavior, style, process and approach as "irrelevant" in relation to the hard issues. These things are what determine not just the what but the how, and Conservatives historically been just as concerned about the how as the what (Is it necessary, how is it funded, is the process legal etc). This is beyond just "eww locker room talk" or "pearl clutching Puritanism", this is about the precedents set for a future slide to Caesarism in a a country whose system is defined by its historic ability to thwart that going back to Washington and Madison.

I was under no delusions about Biden and that is why I ultimately did not vote for him, but once you fall into the trap of always supporting your side regardless of what it does simply because of fear of what the other side might do, then you lose all ability to control and restrain the excesses on your own side that can lead it to becoming and irresponsible political force that is certainly a danger to the Constitution long term.

We seem to have gotten away from the understanding that politicians earn votes from the voters, and have come to this play where voters have to blindly walk over the cliff or drink the Kool-Aide upon demand, "lest they enable the horrors of the other side". In my mind, the ones who are enabling the other side, is the only who is so terrible as to make people feel they have no choice but to write in someone else. Trump should have been able to win in 2020 and the fact that he didn't is a reflection on him and a negative one at that, not on the voters he failed to get to vote for him.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies