Trump voters, do you regret your vote?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:02:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump voters, do you regret your vote?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Trump voters, do you regret your vote?
Yes and I voted for Biden in 2020

Yes but not until after the 2020 election

No but I'd prefer someone other than Trump to run in the future

No

Non-Trump voter but I regret not voting for him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Trump voters, do you regret your vote?  (Read 2312 times)
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2021, 09:35:08 PM »

For those Atlas users who voted for Trump in either 2016 and/or 2020 or would've if they could vote, do you regret your vote?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 09:55:19 AM »

I declined to vote for him both times but honestly, even if I would've (as would've been the case in a 1 v1 or an RCV system) I would feel better about the vote than I did at election time. All the reasons I thought Biden would be a dumpster fire president have come true. It's boggled my mind how many of the NeverTrumpers - supposedly conservative and small government people - prioritized a person's personal behavior and antics over policy. And these people consider themselves the smart and "educated" ones. Their hatred of Trump led them to just become Democrats, it's been incredible to watch.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 10:26:47 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2021, 10:42:29 AM by Old School Republican »

I declined to vote for him both times but honestly, even if I would've (as would've been the case in a 1 v1 or an RCV system) I would feel better about the vote than I did at election time. All the reasons I thought Biden would be a dumpster fire president have come true. It's boggled my mind how many of the NeverTrumpers - supposedly conservative and small government people - prioritized a person's personal behavior and antics over policy. And these people consider themselves the smart and "educated" ones. Their hatred of Trump led them to just become Democrats, it's been incredible to watch.

Most Never Trump people who are now democrats were more neocons than economically conservative . Keep in mind most of those people didn’t care much about the growth of government during the Bush years and thought the tea party/freedom caucus was way to ideological during the Obama years .

They mainly were republicans for foreign policy/national security reasons as keep in mind many of the original neo cons were democrats as well who became republicans during the 1970s after the McGovern nomination and especially during the Carter years cause democrats moved hard left on that issue during the 1970s .

Remember this showed up in the 2008 GOP primary too when while those people didn’t like Huckabee, they absolutely despised Ron Paul and on foreign policy the GOP philosophically has moved in the more Ron Paul direction over the past 5 years as well .
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 10:42:08 AM »

I'm a Clinton/Trump voter and don't regret my 2020 vote as Democrats completely debased themselves between 2017 and 2020 and have now proven themselves seriously incapable of governing.  I won't be able to take them seriously as a national party for a long time.   
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 09:29:41 PM »

I'm a Clinton/Trump voter and don't regret my 2020 vote as Democrats completely debased themselves between 2017 and 2020 and have now proven themselves seriously incapable of governing.  I won't be able to take them seriously as a national party for a long time.   

I know right!?!?  How could they possibly be taken seriously compared to the party of Donald Trump, Lauren Boebert, Madison Cawthorn, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Paul Gosar, Louie Gohmert, Devin Nunes, and Mark Meadows.
Leroy McPherson fan
Leroymcphersonfan
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 12:10:03 PM »

Why would someone regret voting for a losing candidate? That doesn’t even make sense. What would they have to regret when they didn’t even get anything anyways?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 01:18:34 PM »

No. Democrats support of BLM riots and lockdowns were/are worse than anything Trump would have done in a second term. The only thing Democrats could have done to outweigh that would be universal healthcare, but I knew Biden was lying about pushing for the public option. So no regrets.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 11:11:00 PM »

Why would someone regret voting for a losing candidate? That doesn’t even make sense. What would they have to regret when they didn’t even get anything anyways?

Well, I mean, given January 6, do you regret supporting a would-be insurrectionist? Otherwise, your logic does make sense. The only reason other than January 6 a Trump voter would regret their vote is if they support Biden's presidency so far, which is very unlikely in the case of most Trump voters.
Leroy McPherson fan
Leroymcphersonfan
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 11:18:48 PM »

Well, I mean, given January 6, do you regret supporting a would-be insurrectionist? Otherwise, your logic does make sense. The only reason other than January 6 a Trump voter would regret their vote is if they support Biden's presidency so far, which is very unlikely in the case of most Trump voters.
bUt JaNuARy SiXTh...
Jamison5
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 11:29:47 PM »

I turned 18 in the summer of 2020 and voted for him once and I will again. Also, I'll probably be in a different state than NY in 2024 because I'll finish college that year.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 01:28:13 AM »

bUt JaNuARy SiXTh...

Such contribution, much good-faith, so wow.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2021, 08:52:18 AM »

#1. I was a Trump voter in 2016 and supported him until mid-2020 when I felt he wasn't handling COVID and foreign policy very well at all and the tax bombshell was my final straw to get me to vote for Biden. And I feel very vindicated by the events that happened since the election.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »

No. Democrats support of BLM riots and lockdowns were/are worse than anything Trump would have done in a second term. The only thing Democrats could have done to outweigh that would be universal healthcare, but I knew Biden was lying about pushing for the public option. So no regrets.

Healthcare is one of the Democrats' best winning issues and they aren't going to do much about it. I supported Trump in 2016 (too young to vote at the time) and voted for him in 2020, and I don't regret it since Biden hasn't turned out to be too great so far. People were bamboozled by the media into voting for a fake moderate who is showing signs he's too old to be in office and has done little to "heal the divide" like he said he would. At this point a Trump 2024 run might be the GOP's best bet.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 01:20:56 PM »

#1. I was a Trump voter in 2016 and supported him until mid-2020 when I felt he wasn't handling COVID and foreign policy very well at all and the tax bombshell was my final straw to get me to vote for Biden. And I feel very vindicated by the events that happened since the election.

If only there were more voters in your state like you rather than the idiots who backed Trump in 2020, OH would have supported Biden. I congratulate your finding the light again and reverting from the Dark Side. (No, this isn't sarcasm, and I genuinely wish there were more voters like Chips who learned from their mistakes.)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 01:57:11 PM »

bUt JaNuARy SiXTh...

What's even your point?  Are we saying we should forget about it?  If so, why should we forget about it?  I'm quite positive that if a Democratic president had encouraged a riot and failed to call the rioters off for hours after it started, that you'd still be up in arms about it.
Southern Reactionary Dem
SouthernReactionaryDem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 02:29:41 PM »

bUt JaNuARy SiXTh...

What's even your point?  Are we saying we should forget about it?  If so, why should we forget about it?  I'm quite positive that if a Democratic president had encouraged a riot and failed to call the rioters off for hours after it started, that you'd still be up in arms about it.

Nobody outside of the DC media bubble believes this garbage. What he said was normal fired-up political rhetoric and almost every Democrat said the same sort of thing after the George Floyd incident just before the summer riots started and nobody said a word in the media. Not to mention, these were not insurrectionists and starting a revolution so much as a small bunch of morons who walked into the capitol and started vandalizing after police let them in. As far as trying to overthrow the government as the media narrative states, that's pretty pathetic.
Southern Reactionary Dem
SouthernReactionaryDem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2021, 02:38:05 PM »

I voted for him in 2016 (first time voting R for president since W' in '04) and voted Biden in 2020 because of covid and Trump cutting taxes instead of raising them like he promised in the R primary. Right now, I regret my Biden 2020 vote more than my Trump 2016 vote. Vax mandates in a time of labor shortages and supply chain issues is unfathomably stupid policy as well as prohibiting drilling on public land... We're going to be consuming fossil fuels in the near term anyway... so why in God's earth should we not at least meet our own demand instead of being more reliant on OPEC? He's also handled the border as poorly as he possibly could have and is letting illegals run loose in TX. As for Biden's senility, that's icing on the cake but I didn't think the people running the show for him would be THIS incompetent.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2021, 03:34:02 AM »

I voted for him in 2016 (first time voting R for president since W' in '04) and voted Biden in 2020 because of covid and Trump cutting taxes instead of raising them like he promised in the R primary. Right now, I regret my Biden 2020 vote more than my Trump 2016 vote. Vax mandates in a time of labor shortages and supply chain issues is unfathomably stupid policy as well as prohibiting drilling on public land... We're going to be consuming fossil fuels in the near term anyway... so why in God's earth should we not at least meet our own demand instead of being more reliant on OPEC? He's also handled the border as poorly as he possibly could have and is letting illegals run loose in TX. As for Biden's senility, that's icing on the cake but I didn't think the people running the show for him would be THIS incompetent.

Wut? Trump never ran on raising taxes. The only thing he bucked the R establishment on when it came to fiscal issues was entitlement spending (which he "wouldn't touch").

If you're upset about the current vax mandates, you should've never voted for Biden because of covid. This is the natural progression of wanting greater government control for virus spread.

If in 2024 it's another Biden vs Trump, who would you go for?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2021, 11:58:19 AM »

If that nominee misbehaved after the election, or if something went terribly wrong (diplomatic or military debacle; economic meltdown), or if a scandal broke after a loss.

People generally don't change their minds about a losing nominee after things go right. Those who voted for the loser are mostly partisan hacks who are likely to see any good news as somehow toxic due to details.

The Capitol Putsch is one of the most shameful events in the history of political activism in America. President Trump could have told people to go home in peace, perhaps celebrate his achievements, and work to winning America "back" to a conservative agenda in 2022 and 2024. He chose to get it all then and there.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2021, 04:13:39 PM »

I don't regret the 2020 vote, but going forward they should nominate someone other than Trump.

This is my view, though I am very pleasantly surprised about SCOTUS upholding the TX abortion law, thanks in large part to Trump's SCOTUS picks. 
nomoredemocoups
United States
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2021, 09:50:24 PM »

Trump 2024. Let’s go brandon
GeorgeBFree
Npard23
Rookie
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »

I don't regret the 2020 vote, but going forward they should nominate someone other than Trump.
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2021, 12:00:35 AM »

I would prefer another GOP candidate in 2024, but if Trump is the nominee, I would vote for him again
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2021, 09:02:24 PM »

bUt JaNuARy SiXTh...

Nobody outside of the DC media bubble believes this garbage. What he said was normal fired-up political rhetoric and almost every Democrat said the same sort of thing after the George Floyd incident just before the summer riots started and nobody said a word in the media. Not to mention, these were not insurrectionists and starting a revolution so much as a small bunch of morons who walked into the capitol and started vandalizing after police let them in. As far as trying to overthrow the government as the media narrative states, that's pretty pathetic.

The emphasis on what Trump said on January 6th and the whole "incitement of the riot" was a complete misdirect from where the attention and concern should have been, which was that a President had stoked such anger over the course of months and then when that was followed up with the situation at the capitol, and with that you essentially germinate the idea of Presidents just raiding congress with angry mobs or down the road tanks to get his way on a particular issue.

In this case, that particular issue happens to be the stolen election narrative, where Trump's statements were completely divorced from the facts at hand and nothing since has backed up Trump's repeated claims "we were getting ready to win this and it just stopped" and "we won this in a landslide". Even if you acknowledge the issues in GA and PA with law changes prior to, such was the law at the time the election was conducted, no action was taken prior to the election in court to prevent these actions. Furthermore efforts to boost resources and such to expedite the counting of mail in ballots were blocked by GOP state legislatures, Trump discouraged mail in voting and thus created the red mirage and thus the illusion that Trump was winning when it was just an incomplete count and rely on this visual to serve as the basis in the minds of Republicans, for a stream of complete misinformation to then serve as the confirmation bias towards.

To those people who down play behavior, style, process and approach as "irrelevant" in relation to the hard issues. These things are what determine not just the what but the how, and Conservatives historically been just as concerned about the how as the what (Is it necessary, how is it funded, is the process legal etc). This is beyond just "eww locker room talk" or "pearl clutching Puritanism", this is about the precedents set for a future slide to Caesarism in a a country whose system is defined by its historic ability to thwart that going back to Washington and Madison.

I was under no delusions about Biden and that is why I ultimately did not vote for him, but once you fall into the trap of always supporting your side regardless of what it does simply because of fear of what the other side might do, then you lose all ability to control and restrain the excesses on your own side that can lead it to becoming and irresponsible political force that is certainly a danger to the Constitution long term.

We seem to have gotten away from the understanding that politicians earn votes from the voters, and have come to this play where voters have to blindly walk over the cliff or drink the Kool-Aide upon demand, "lest they enable the horrors of the other side". In my mind, the ones who are enabling the other side, is the only who is so terrible as to make people feel they have no choice but to write in someone else. Trump should have been able to win in 2020 and the fact that he didn't is a reflection on him and a negative one at that, not on the voters he failed to get to vote for him.

Rjjr77
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2021, 12:07:23 AM »

Donald Trump had no business being president, and made himself look terrible in a lot of ways.

Do I regret voting for him? not at all, I miss the low prices and the stronger economy under DJT. Inflation is literally murdering the middle class, and the new democrat majority either pretends it doesnt exist or that it only affects the affluent
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies