Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 11:18:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 106163 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: December 08, 2020, 01:44:57 AM »

I know I made some deranged posts lately here and I apologize.

Covid has impacted my mental state greatly.

Yesterday I did intake for local in person therapy instead of zooming to my therapist in St. Louis.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 10:36:41 PM »

Looking forward to my trip to Lima and Huaraz Peru in January! In a few hours, I can legit say I am going next month.

Only around 5% of tourists go north of Lima during their stay.. Huaraz is not exactly an invisible tourist destination but most of the other tourists will be Limenos or locals to Peru.

I have local friends in Peru so this will be a great experience. Despite taking the typical gringo trail in 2014.. I was with locals.. and remember riding the bus the locals ride to Machu Picchu very vividly.

The only thing I will splurge on is the overnight bus tickets I brought from LIM to HUARAZ and Return trip will be a "suite" so I can sleep  all night.

Fun fact: Washington Dc and Roanoke are approx the same distance as Huaraz and Lima but the latter takes 8 hours to get  to due to the extreme elevation.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 12:24:22 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2021, 02:29:29 PM by jimmie »

Looking forward to my trip to Lima and Huaraz Peru in January! In a few hours, I can legit say I am going next month.

Only around 5% of tourists go north of Lima during their stay.. Huaraz is not exactly an invisible tourist destination but most of the other tourists will be Limenos or locals to Peru.

I have local friends in Peru so this will be a great experience. Despite taking the typical gringo trail in 2014.. I was with locals.. and remember riding the bus the locals ride to Machu Picchu very vividly.

The only thing I will splurge on is the overnight bus tickets I brought from LIM to HUARAZ and Return trip will be a "suite" so I can sleep  all night.

Fun fact: Washington Dc and Roanoke are approx the same distance as Huaraz and Lima but the latter takes 8 hours to get  to due to the extreme elevation.

Well this may be all cancelled

I dont want to quarantine in my own country as someone who received three shots for covid upon return to the United States
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 04:10:48 PM »

I tested positive for Covid.. despite being able to be very physically active yesterday. I had several hours of terrible symptoms yesterday which have all went away due to being vaccinated. Only thing I have is a cough.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 05:57:43 PM »

I tested positive for Covid.. despite being able to be very physically active yesterday. I had several hours of terrible symptoms yesterday which have all went away due to being vaccinated. Only thing I have is a cough.

That sucks. I hope you get well soon again. I had it in February and felt sick for about ten days with loss of appetite and cough.

Thank you! Knock on wood I still have good sense of taste and smell. Enjoyed some very spicy food earlier. The main symptoms I have are coughs.. which are managable but frequent and a very scratchy throat.  I have an elliptical machine in my room and was able to use it for an hour today.

I am not advocating for covid parties now!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 07:29:18 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2021, 08:58:43 AM by jimmie »

I still just have coughs.

Food still tastes good to me.. I can still smell.

But my throat is very scratchy
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 07:07:47 AM »

I jogged 7 miles yesterday, abliet had to take a few breaks, despite having covid.

FIRE FAUCI
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 07:36:34 AM »

I jogged 7 miles yesterday, abliet had to take a few breaks, despite having covid.

FIRE FAUCI

Uh, if you are covid positive you are meant to stay at home?

Outdoor activities, so long as I am distant from other people, are permitted.

and the guidance should be updated. fully vaccinated people showing no symptoms shouldn't be in isolation for 10 days.

But  no, of course, I would not go inside any indoor establishment right now even with a mask on.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2021, 08:00:32 AM »

FIRE FAUCI

Uh, if you are covid positive you are meant to stay at home?

Outdoor activities, so long as I am distant from other people, are permitted.

and the guidance should be updated. fully vaccinated people showing no symptoms shouldn't be in isolation for 10 days.

But  no, of course, I would not go inside any indoor establishment right now even with a mask on.

They might be permitted but that does not mean they are a good idea!

Why wouldn't they be a good idea? My viral load is so low right now that outdoor transmission is essentially zero and anecdotally masking in my area of Nova ( very dem area) is near unanimous again.

I have had colds worse than what i am experiencing now. And the last time I had the flu in fall 2017 was much worse than this.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 12:29:58 AM »

I fly to Peru today. May be a bit delayed due to snow storm but still looking forward!

Andes trekking!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2022, 03:58:24 PM »

i am tired of people, even in real life, making fun that I do not go for WHITE guys. Even my partner's family makes fun of it.

This is not the 1950s. I can date outside of my race.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2022, 06:21:46 PM »

i am tired of people, even in real life, making fun that I do not go for WHITE guys. Even my partner's family makes fun of it.

This is not the 1950s. I can date outside of my race.

Yeah, don't let others tell you who to date. The right partner regardless of background should be accepted by family and friends.

In the end, other values matter more in relationships (although, I have to admit, black women attract me in particular).

Yes. and I have always found WHITE guys to be BORING.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2022, 10:24:52 PM »

I know my personality is rough around the edges but in the past year or so I havnt had any anger towards anyone.

I know during the height of covid was behaviors were unacceptable and I regret that.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2022, 04:47:40 AM »

Spring time in the appalachia!

My own pictures.

Taken about a week ago on the appalachian trail.

below pictures taken yesterday

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2022, 06:07:54 AM »

Spring time in the appalachia!

My own pictures.
[snip]
Nice photos!
I hope you had a great time.

Thank you.

The region from western maryland into west virginia and the western part of Virginia is tailor made for me  based on natural beauty..
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2022, 09:10:16 PM »

I got a really good job offer in California.

Now time for some thinking and decision needs to be made fast.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2022, 06:53:45 PM »

Not going to do it.

I dont expect next recession to be like the great recession but suspect that people hired at inflated salaries will be first to get axed.

I only moved to VA unexpectedly 2 and half years ago and it was draining. Plus the place I was going to move to in CA is almost the most isolated spot possible.  I also appreciate living in a mega metropolitan area.

Moving to California would be different than if I moved to Missouri or Utah.. states I grew up in.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2022, 07:24:29 PM »

Not going to do it.

I dont expect next recession to be like the great recession but suspect that people hired at inflated salaries will be first to get axed.

I only moved to VA unexpectedly 2 and half years ago and it was draining. Plus the place I was going to move to in CA is almost the most isolated spot possible.  I also appreciate living in a mega metropolitan area.

Moving to California would be different than if I moved to Missouri or Utah.. states I grew up in.

CA is a great state. I obviously don't know the whole situation but if the primary reason you're unwilling to do it is because you don't want to move to CA, let me just say CA isn't nearly as bad as the Republicans make it out to be. Obviously, that would depend on which part of CA we're discussing, but I digress...

I would have lived in the Sierras and cut off from metropolitan California.  I have an international trip planned next winter and had plans to return to school for another degree literally in two weeks. That is a lot to postpone or cancel over a job offer even if it was a very good job.

I also remember living in Utah... I rarely had the chance to appreciate it mountains. Living in VA taught me to appreciate what I have. Some locals here say they don't have the mountains of the west or the beaches of Florida. Well, the mid Atlantic does have beautiful mountains even if small and at least we have beaches. I am from a land locked state that is mainly flat.

In Nova, I didn't have to worry much of crime for the first time in my life.

And also I ultimately had to make a decision. But considering I do want further education and remember how draining it was mentally for me to move from MO to VA, I decided to stay in VA over California.   And of course, my concerns of recession and in a new position with inflated salary are valid.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2022, 10:04:22 AM »

It turns out I am not literally built different from you hoes, and actually do have COVID.

I'm in good spirits and my symptoms are pretty mild. Still sucks ass. Especially considering I'm gonna be spending my birthday in quarantine.

But look on the bright side! you are vaccinated and boosted! Now you have super immunity to coronaviruses!! It is a birthday present in disguise.

feel better and happy birthday.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2022, 06:26:38 PM »

I am about to show an active user here my old home state, Utah.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2022, 09:52:08 AM »

I just tested positive for COVID... this is really annoying for a few reasons but it's also not worse than the mild case of common flu I had three weeks ago, and honestly almost hilarious given the point in time we are at.

Yesterday I tested negative again so now I am back and free. It was a boring nine days but I suppose it could have been worse (although it definitely could have been better too).

EXCELLENT!!! I am glad you recovered. And now you have SUPER IMMUNITY to covid.

My time with covid was one day being very SICK and nine days being PERFECTLY FINE.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2022, 07:19:03 PM »

When I was in Temple Square last week in Utah, I said straight up to a Mormon Missionary at the Temple that I was lapsed Mormon.

It was so awkward.

But maybe... just maybe.. they should not vote so Republican. Its the entire reason I do not participate with the church.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2022, 08:04:42 PM »

The Election is already decided we will have an RH a 51 or 53 DS with LA or GA Runoffs and a Split in Govs 25/25 Govs depends on AZ, KS and GA, it's technically over because we don't need rust belt polling AZ has Kelly leading 50/33 and Rs are leading by 6 inMO and NC it's really over

Speaker McCarthy congratulations to Rs
Majority Leader Schumer
25D Govs congrats to Abrams in runoff and Hobbs

It's over, it doesn't matter about 33/40/45 Approvals D's are tied in GCB 46/46

R NUT MAPS GIVE ME A BREAK

In a VBM era users need to learn about Provisions ballots we won based on 300 K provisions ballots and that's the exact amount Ron Johnson beat Feingold by 300K votes that's why he will lose he didn't win by  like Grassley, Rubio or Portman did 2M votes

what you type NEVER makes sense. At this point you are just a ROBOT.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2022, 08:55:05 AM »

I have a new position that is based in Colorado and Utah and requires quite a bit of traveling.

I technically do not have to relocate as I do receive a travel expense  allowance. But if I do relocate to my work base essentially it would likely be Salt Lake City as I know it. Its kinda a home town for me. But I am excited .
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2022, 08:40:40 AM »

I have a new position that is based in Colorado and Utah and requires quite a bit of traveling.

I technically do not have to relocate as I do receive a travel expense  allowance. But if I do relocate to my work base essentially it would likely be Salt Lake City as I know it. Its kinda a home town for me. But I am excited .

Welcome back (possibly) Smiley

Thank you but I do NOT want to live around REPUBLICANS right now.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies