...And now Bushie comes out in favor of marriage equality (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:57:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  ...And now Bushie comes out in favor of marriage equality (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ...And now Bushie comes out in favor of marriage equality  (Read 10178 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: March 27, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »

Here is the reason for my new found support.

I know what the Bible says about marriage, but it also tells me not to judge anybody and to love everyone.  I refuse to deny people the chance to be happy.  I refuse to degrade and dehumanize and discriminate against someone who is attracted to the same sex like a lot of right-wing programs have been known to do.  I know what the Bible says.  But, I also knows that it tells me to love all of God's children and let Him be the judge.  Judging someone for who they love is not in my job description and is no longer in my personal code of ethics.  If it is a sin, then I still can't judge because I am not without sin.  Jesus said to the accusers of the woman who was caught committing adultery, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."  They all left from the eldest to the youngest.

There's a logical problem to your argument.  Not believing that gay marriage should be allowed doesn't mean that you are judging them or not loving them.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »

I'd highly recommend you not tell your parents or anyone from Church, or they may ship you off to Kenya now instead of having one of "them kind" around.  K? Thx.

I don't dare tell my family.  I haven't even fully come out in support on facebook, yet.  I have plenty of friends on both sides of the issue.

That's ridiculous.  I mean, it's one thing if you aren't publicly political and you don't share your views.  But it bugs me when people who are political about their politics are secretive about where they disagree with their main ideology.  Of course... this is probably why large portions of the Michigan GOP hate me, but that's another story.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »

If I told my parents, I would probably be living in exile for a number of years...

Your parents condition their relationship with you on your opinion on a political issue?

Obviously, that's an exaggeration.  The thing is I don't want to let them down.  It took a lot of courage to even tell them I voted for President Obama in 2008 and even more again in 2012.  They are not very receptive to Democratic ideals.  They are dyed-in-the-wool Republicans.  In fact, Mom is still harps at me for voting for Obama in 2012.  They don't bring it up much and are not hostile when they do, but you can tell they don't like Obama.  They didn't like Romney, either, so they don't exactly say I voted "wrong", just probably could have voted Republican.  I still haven't told them I voted for John Kerry in 2004.  They still think I voted for President Bush.  They know I'm a registered Democrat, but that's all they know.  We don't talk politics very often with each other.

You lie to your parents about who you voted for?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 07:33:39 PM »

If I told my parents, I would probably be living in exile for a number of years...

Your parents condition their relationship with you on your opinion on a political issue?

Obviously, that's an exaggeration.  The thing is I don't want to let them down.  It took a lot of courage to even tell them I voted for President Obama in 2008 and even more again in 2012.  They are not very receptive to Democratic ideals.  They are dyed-in-the-wool Republicans.  In fact, Mom is still harps at me for voting for Obama in 2012.  They don't bring it up much and are not hostile when they do, but you can tell they don't like Obama.  They didn't like Romney, either, so they don't exactly say I voted "wrong", just probably could have voted Republican.  I still haven't told them I voted for John Kerry in 2004.  They still think I voted for President Bush.  They know I'm a registered Democrat, but that's all they know.  We don't talk politics very often with each other.

You lie to your parents about who you voted for?

I have never told them who I voted for in 2004.  They assume I voted for Bush because that's how I was brought up and who they voted for and that's who I voted for in 2000.

So you've never implied that you voted for Bush?  They just assumed it and you let them keep assuming?  I find that hard to believe, knowing how much you like to share about your activities.  There wasn't even a head nod that implied you had voted for Bush at some point?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:31:08 AM »

Well, when season VI opens up, I hope you'll be ready to explain to me just how exactly you think you can call yourself the sole financial provider to the 2 kids in Kenya.  No... a week off from Update hasn't made me forget, and if you think that a week of closing the thread is going to get you off of yet another lie, you're sadly mistakened.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:54:59 PM »

Well, when season VI opens up, I hope you'll be ready to explain to me just how exactly you think you can call yourself the sole financial provider to the 2 kids in Kenya.  No... a week off from Update hasn't made me forget, and if you think that a week of closing the thread is going to get you off of yet another lie, you're sadly mistakened.

Ahh, what would a new season be without interrogators.  Just like old times, eh?!

I'll answer it right now before the season begins.  I was mistaken at the end of Season V when I said I was the sole financial provider.  What I should have said is, other than a roof and five meals a week, I am their sole financial provider as in I provide everything else.  So, I guess you could say with everything factored in together, I am their main financial provider.  My bad for the bad terminology at the end of Season V.  When I said "sole" provider, I wasn't even including the roof and the five meals.  I guess you could say I "unintentionally lied".

Oh, and I've started calling them my sponsor son and sponsor daughter and calling myself their sponsor father.

Well those are certainly steps in the right direction!  As you are not under arrest, you are now free to leave.  Just don't leave town, in case we need to talk to you again.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »

Placeholder
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length