...And now Bushie comes out in favor of marriage equality
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:31:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  ...And now Bushie comes out in favor of marriage equality
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: ...And now Bushie comes out in favor of marriage equality  (Read 10080 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:23:55 PM »
« edited: March 26, 2013, 09:38:29 PM by Easter Bushie »

As strange as it sounds coming from me, I applaud Ben for changing his views.  Views can change over time, especially when we're young.  My own views are slowly evolving in that direction.  I'm not, yet, fully on board due to my conservative, religious upbringing, but I'm to the point where I'm no longer going to fight against it.  Give it probably 6 months or a year or sooner and I might be a full supporter of same sex marriage myself.

Let's put it this way, I basically support SSM now, I just still have to put down the occasional thoughts of going against how I was raised.  I realize, now, and the SSM thread just a week or so ago helped me see that it is not affecting my faith and walk in Jesus Christ and that is the first and foremost priority.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »

Atta boy Bushie!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:28:17 PM »

Thanks, Max. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:45:03 PM »

Here is the reason for my new found support.

I know what the Bible says about marriage, but it also tells me not to judge anybody and to love everyone.  I refuse to deny people the chance to be happy.  I refuse to degrade and dehumanize and discriminate against someone who is attracted to the same sex like a lot of right-wing programs have been known to do.  I know what the Bible says.  But, I also knows that it tells me to love all of God's children and let Him be the judge.  Judging someone for who they love is not in my job description and is no longer in my personal code of ethics.  If it is a sin, then I still can't judge because I am not without sin.  Jesus said to the accusers of the woman who was caught committing adultery, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."  They all left from the eldest to the youngest.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »

This is a beautiful start to season 6! Well done!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 10:11:57 PM »

Here is the reason for my new found support.

I know what the Bible says about marriage, but it also tells me not to judge anybody and to love everyone.  I refuse to deny people the chance to be happy.  I refuse to degrade and dehumanize and discriminate against someone who is attracted to the same sex like a lot of right-wing programs have been known to do.  I know what the Bible says.  But, I also knows that it tells me to love all of God's children and let Him be the judge.  Judging someone for who they love is not in my job description and is no longer in my personal code of ethics.  If it is a sin, then I still can't judge because I am not without sin.  Jesus said to the accusers of the woman who was caught committing adultery, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."  They all left from the eldest to the youngest.
These are my feelings on the matter as well.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 10:13:34 PM »

This is a beautiful start to season 6! Well done!
These are my feelings on the matter as well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »

Ah, so the writers are already establishing Bushie's faith as one of the central themes of this season. Interesting.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:50 PM »

Note:  This is not necessarily the start of Season 6.  I am still on an Update break.  The break won't be permanent, but it is not going to end tonight.  I do know this, though, Season 5 is over.  The writers are having spring meetings right now to discuss what material to bring forth in the new season and how to present the material.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 10:49:58 PM »

Note:  This is not necessarily the start of Season 6.  I am still on an Update break.  The break won't be permanent, but it is not going to end tonight.  I do know this, though, Season 5 is over.  The writers are having spring meetings right now to discuss what material to bring forth in the new season and how to present the material.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 10:54:10 PM »

Yes, there is a chance. Smiley  It just won't be right away.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 11:12:19 PM »

As strange as it sounds coming from me, I applaud Ben for changing his views.  Views can change over time, especially when we're young.  My own views are slowly evolving in that direction.  I'm not, yet, fully on board due to my conservative, religious upbringing, but I'm to the point where I'm no longer going to fight against it.  Give it probably 6 months or a year or sooner and I might be a full supporter of same sex marriage myself.

Let's put it this way, I basically support SSM now, I just still have to put down the occasional thoughts of going against how I was raised.  I realize, now, and the SSM thread just a week or so ago helped me see that it is not affecting my faith and walk in Jesus Christ and that is the first and foremost priority.

Just what and where was "the SSM thread" that motivated you to revisit you attitudes about gay marriage Bushie, and ponder it some more, as opposed to something that was a closed issue for you? Perhaps you can link it? Thanks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 11:15:07 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170943.0
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »

Thanks. I shall peruse it in the morn, when less impaired. Cheers.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 06:54:17 AM »

What is 'SSM'?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 07:34:09 AM »

I'd highly recommend you not tell your parents or anyone from Church, or they may ship you off to Kenya now instead of having one of "them kind" around.  K? Thx.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 07:49:40 AM »

I'd highly recommend you not tell your parents or anyone from Church, or they may ship you off to Kenya now instead of having one of "them kind" around.  K? Thx.

"On this week's 'Update', Bushie comes out to his parents as a proponent of gay marriage.  Will Bushie and family continue to have a 'gay' time living under one roof, or is his 'marriage' to his parents' money headed for divorce?  Find out, this week, on 'Update'."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 07:56:33 AM »

"On this week's 'Update', Bushie comes out to his parents as a proponent of gay marriage.  Will Bushie and family continue to have a 'gay' time living under one roof, or is his 'marriage' to his parents' money headed for divorce?  Find out, this week, on 'Update'."

Inks will yell at you for prompting him into opening another update, MM.  Shame shame Tongue
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 07:59:10 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2013, 08:05:08 AM by Northeast SoC Matt »

I'd highly recommend you not tell your parents or anyone from Church, or they may ship you off to Kenya now instead of having one of "them kind" around.  K? Thx.
I know if I told my church then I'd be looked at as "one of them". I mean the associate pastor of my church said last May when Obama came out in support of it that "our President and his administration has come out very arrogantly against the institution of marriage" and the Pastor made me angry at the time even when I wasn't yet fully on board with SSM.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 08:03:15 AM »

Inks will yell at you for prompting him into opening another update, MM.  Shame shame Tongue

I forgot to mention that the above promo narration should be read in the voice of the guy who used to narrate the trailers for Star Trek TNG.  You know, the guy who would say "Staaaaar Trek: The Next Generation":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8lj2r-b9sc
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 08:36:42 AM »

I can show you in private if you want, o.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 09:23:13 AM »

I don't dare tell my family.  I haven't even fully come out in support on facebook, yet.  I have plenty of friends on both sides of the issue.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 09:27:31 AM »

I don't dare tell my family.  I haven't even fully come out in support on facebook, yet.  I have plenty of friends on both sides of the issue.
I don't dare tell mine either. My father just said this morning that "this had better not pass or this country is done"
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:16 AM »

I don't dare tell mine either. My father just said this morning that "this had better not pass or this country is done"

Well, Matt, if you were 31 like Bushie, I'd mock you for this......but it's hard to mock Bushie even, considering he lives in BFE and the anti-gay climate there.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »

Wow, here I thought my coming out to my parents was a big act of courage. Apparently heteros can't even tell their own parents that they support same-sex marriage now. So brave.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies