Politico: FBI, Homeland Security call Antifa "domestic terrorists" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:38:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Politico: FBI, Homeland Security call Antifa "domestic terrorists" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: FBI, Homeland Security call Antifa "domestic terrorists"  (Read 5045 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: September 01, 2017, 11:36:31 AM »

Hey, Trump administration, your fascism is showing.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 11:11:07 PM »

Hey, Trump administration, your fascism is showing.

This happened under Obama.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Three points.

First, classifying people who engage in violence only when smashing fascists as 'domestic terrorists' is in and of itself pretty scummy. Especially when fascist groups who openly advocate violence are not similarly labeled.

Second, the US justice system has a long habit of labeling any organized and motivated 'anti-establishment' groups as domestic terrorists. Their credibility doing so is not helped by their equally long record of infiltrating these groups to incite the violence they then use against them.

Doing the above is autocratic, repressive, and awful no matter which party is in power when it happens.

And third, it was my takeaway that while the FBI and Fatherland Security were issuing warnings about antifa under Obama, the formal label or designation of domestic terrorist was only attached after Trump assumed title (if not duties) of President. I could not find any copies of the documents Politico says they have though, so I'm not certain.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 12:58:57 AM »

This is absurd. Why is there so much bias against radical leftists in our culture?

Because of violent, anti-American thugs like Antifa?

You seem to have few problems with the fact that far right groups with more organization then antifa that have killed quite a few people and are seeking to create a white only America aren't considered terrorists.  Antifa is actually trying to protect people (albeit through sometimes misguided means). Hell, they saved the lives of a group of peaceful protesters from the right wing bastards at Charlottesville. Why should they respect American institutions when those things did nothing to stop the rise of people like trump?

Shockingly enough, it's actually possible to oppose both right-wing and left-wing political violence.  And I'm pretty sure groups like the Klan, most Neo-Nazi groups, etc were already considered domestic terrorist organizations and if not, then they absolutely should be.  That has nothing to do with Antifa though.  If a Democrat murders a Republican and a Republican murders a Democrat, both are still murderers as far as I'm concerned.  Same principle applies here.

Antifa hasn't killed anyone. That matters. Antifa is defined by a desire to destroy a collection of horrific ideologies that have harmed and killed millions, and are/were growing in America. Its essentially a backlash to the rise of the far right. That matters. You people always seem to be so damn angry with rowdyness from groups like BLM in a way you never are towards the right. Some random BLM protester having "the only good cop is a dead cop" on a sign once is more awful then the polices history of abuse, hostility, and brutality towards the black community. Some leftie punching a Nazi is more provoking then a white supremacist murdering two people for telling him to stop harassing an innocent woman.

When judging groups like antifa, neonazis (or the GOP), as a whole, I think it's a useful tool to ask "what would happen if these people got the world they say they want?"

If the fascists/racists got what they wanted, you'd see genocide, ethnic cleansing, race war, loss of freedom, etc.

If antifa got what they wanted... there wouldn't be any more fascists.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 01:34:10 AM »

When judging groups like antifa, neonazis (or the GOP), as a whole, I think it's a useful tool to ask "what would happen if these people got the world they say they want?"

If the fascists/racists got what they wanted, you'd see genocide, ethnic cleansing, race war, loss of freedom, etc.

If antifa got what they wanted... there wouldn't be any more fascists.

The hammer and the sickle should be a hint as to what sort of a society these Antifa folks want:

http://www.keywiki.org/Red_Guards_Austin

The Red Guard Austin communists certainly dislike fascists (and Trump, if there's a difference), but that does not mean they are antifa. If you're going to pretend they are, then lets compare them directly to the actions this bunch of Trump supporting members of the Republican Party:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies