Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:00:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 46040 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2020, 12:07:42 PM »

The footage of that Target being ransacked is going to be the subject of countless of dogwhistle-filled ads by far-right candidates for the next few years. All because people couldn't wait to see the inevitable filing of murder charges.

At the same time, can you really blame them? Not only do you have the cases of Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and the attempted lynching of Christian Cooper, but the area was also home to Philando Castile. We had a police brutality incident where a man effectively got away with murder three years ago because he shot someone for doing what every gun owner should have done.

As far as I'm concerned, Castile is only dead because the pig that pulled him over thought that black people didn't have Second Amendment rights.

And still there are people who seriously think it's a good idea to have cops confiscating people's guns because "safety"...
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2020, 12:19:13 PM »

The footage of that Target being ransacked is going to be the subject of countless of dogwhistle-filled ads by far-right candidates for the next few years. All because people couldn't wait to see the inevitable filing of murder charges.

At the same time, can you really blame them? Not only do you have the cases of Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and the attempted lynching of Christian Cooper, but the area was also home to Philando Castile. We had a police brutality incident where a man effectively got away with murder three years ago because he shot someone for doing what every gun owner should have done.

As far as I'm concerned, Castile is only dead because the pig that pulled him over thought that black people didn't have Second Amendment rights.

And still there are people who seriously think it's a good idea to have cops confiscating people's guns because "safety"...

It’s insane, it’s like liberals don’t want the poor/working class black or white to be armed and want them to be subservient to the police
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2020, 12:21:49 PM »

The death of George Floyd is certainly tragic. The officers involved were fired and the FBI and DOJ are investigating the case,  so the necessary steps have been taken.

Rioting is an unacceptable response to this situation, and those that engage in it should not be tolerated or sympathised with. This applies to those who block highways as well. They should be removed and provided they’re being destructive or violent, subdued and arrested. Store owners are of course completely justified in shooting looters who attempt to threaten their safety and property.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2020, 12:39:55 PM »

Instead of protecting businesses the coward cops have gone to the suburbs to protect their fellow cop. Now I am not calling for vigilante justice and a few cops should still be posted here but 75 cops is insane ! Cops will never be there when you need them.

Calvin Coolidge did nothing wrong.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2020, 12:43:46 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2020, 12:47:21 PM by lfromnj »

http://www.citypages.com/news/lake-street-burned-looted-in-chaotic-night-pawn-shop-owner-arrested-for-murder/570830041
Oh this is sad news, the pawn shop owner has been arrested for murder and might even get convicted due to Minnesota's bullsh**t duty to retreat law. And now his store is free to be looted. Sad that he got arrested before the cop(obviously an investigation is due here but not an arrest yet for the owner in any sane state)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »

What happened to George is a complete travesty.  Imagine if that was a black police officer and a white suspect.

Are the looters being arrested? Does anyone know?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2020, 01:03:42 PM »

What happened to George is a complete travesty.  Imagine if that was a black police officer and a white suspect.

Are the looters being arrested? Does anyone know?

A few have been. The last report I heard was 5 which is obviously pretty low but it's also a several hours old report.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2020, 01:13:52 PM »

I'm fairly sure all of us think this is an injustice and that police in the United States has to be reevaluated.  My question is, what steps can be taken to reduce this?  The arrest of the officers seems like a band-aid, not a long-term solution.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2020, 01:22:16 PM »

I'm fairly sure all of us think this is an injustice and that police in the United States has to be reevaluated.  My question is, what steps can be taken to reduce this?  The arrest of the officers seems like a band-aid, not a long-term solution.
People shouldn't be calling for the murder of police like they do on Twitter. That's a start. Also, police departments should realize that there is a problem.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2020, 01:26:33 PM »

Just a few highlights:

- More and better training, starting early on
- More African American officers
- More social workers
- More opportunities for communication between neighborhoods and cops
- Stricter enforcement of anti- discrimination rules within police organizations

A lot of external factors like economic empowerment and development, including housing.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2020, 01:41:41 PM »

http://www.citypages.com/news/lake-street-burned-looted-in-chaotic-night-pawn-shop-owner-arrested-for-murder/570830041
Oh this is sad news, the pawn shop owner has been arrested for murder and might even get convicted due to Minnesota's bullsh**t duty to retreat law. And now his store is free to be looted. Sad that he got arrested before the cop(obviously an investigation is due here but not an arrest yet for the owner in any sane state)

Outrageous.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2020, 01:51:25 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2020, 02:10:38 PM by lfromnj »

Oh internet commies have already decided to shame two white men for working with minorities to protect an area!.
How dare they protest a cop killing but also oppose looting?
All I see here is confirmation they are just slightly weirdo Libertarians who have good intentions who tried to help Middle eastern and African American people protect their area. But instead the media won't report on these two men and if they do they will just call them members of a hate group.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2020, 01:56:51 PM »

Oh internet commies have already decided to shame two white men for working with minorities to protect an area!.
All I see here is confirmation they are just slightly weirdo Libertarians who have good intentions .

ATF and the Southern poverty lie center have been running hardcore warnings against the word "Boogaloo" of late so I'm not surprised. Hell, they made the Patriots kicker remove a tattoo for being too Boogaloo friendly.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2020, 02:19:25 PM »

The officers were fired and it is being handled by the FBI. This seems to be being handled appropriately so far. This isn't a western, we have a legal system, after a killing you shouldn't just hang the perpetrator at dawn.

Destroying buildings that provide people with vital supplies now when they are scarce isn't going to bring Floyd or anyone else back to life. It's also pretty glaring that people on the far left who were calling people "murderers" for not following social distancing regulations are now completely fine with this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2020, 02:30:39 PM »

All I see here is confirmation they are just slightly weirdo Libertarians who have good intentions .

ATF and the Southern poverty lie center have been running hardcore warnings against the word "Boogaloo" of late so I'm not surprised. Hell, they made the Patriots kicker remove a tattoo for being too Boogaloo friendly.
All I wanna do is boogaloo!
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2020, 02:33:34 PM »

I understand that when people are desperate people will do anything and there certainly is a trend of police brutality, but it's hard to reconcile burning down a bunch of businesses with that.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2020, 02:53:20 PM »

I understand that when people are desperate people will do anything and there certainly is a trend of police brutality, but it's hard to reconcile burning down a bunch of businesses with that.

Yeah, it's counter-intuitive and will make prosecuting the officers much harder in the long run.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2020, 02:53:59 PM »

this ain't good
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2020, 02:57:00 PM »

Ugh, and I thought Minneapolis was a great city.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2020, 03:03:01 PM »

Ugh, and I thought Minneapolis was a great city.

It is.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2020, 03:13:31 PM »

While I don't agree with the looting, I'm a lot more disgusted that American cops kill 3 citizens per day on average while countries like Germany only kill two per year. Mountains vs. molehills 🤷🏻‍♂️
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2020, 03:24:02 PM »

All this looting and burning is complete BS.
Why are they doing this?
Local, everyday people have jobs at these places, and stores of different kind are beginning to open-up. Now they have no jobs and income.
And places like Target have been providing important essentials for people since the Pandemic, but now that mad-people looted the entire store, leaving it in shambles, it will be closed for some time.
They are destroying their own neighborhoods and harming their own neighbors.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2020, 03:26:23 PM »

Freeman needs to show his a** and jail the killer cops, or else, his house will burn down.

Freeman ran for governor in 1998.

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2020, 03:33:52 PM »

The officers were fired and it is being handled by the FBI. This seems to be being handled appropriately so far. This isn't a western, we have a legal system, after a killing you shouldn't just hang the perpetrator at dawn.

Destroying buildings that provide people with vital supplies now when they are scarce isn't going to bring Floyd or anyone else back to life. It's also pretty glaring that people on the far left who were calling people "murderers" for not following social distancing regulations are now completely fine with this.
I am not fine with this. For the record, these protestors need to be punished for breaking the rules. They should be fined heavily at the very least.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2020, 03:46:46 PM »

All this looting and burning is complete BS.
Why are they doing this?
Local, everyday people have jobs at these places, and stores of different kind are beginning to open-up. Now they have no jobs and income.
And places like Target have been providing important essentials for people since the Pandemic, but now that mad-people looted the entire store, leaving it in shambles, it will be closed for some time.
They are destroying their own neighborhoods and harming their own neighbors.

I would be willing to bet that very few of the looters actually give a hoot about police brutality. They are poor and violent and they are using the police killing as a justification for their psychopathic behavior. The protesters and the looters are not the same group of people. If they were, they would be attacking government buildings and not private businesses.

Where are some good Roof Koreans when you need them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies