IA-SEN 2020: Ernst megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:36:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IA-SEN 2020: Ernst megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA-SEN 2020: Ernst megathread  (Read 64496 times)
henster
Junior Chimp

« on: December 20, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »

People urging him not to run who else do you suggest?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »

If Vilsack overperforms like Bayh and Bredesen did then he'd easily win, IA is no where near as red as IN/TN. And unlike Strickland he was not a one termer who governed during the Great Recession. The fact that people are suggesting Scholten who just lost and Finkenauer or Axne who'd have to give up their hard fought swing seats after one term shows there are not really other good options.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:25:53 PM »

People keep downing Vilsack but I'm not hearing better names. In any state a two term Gov is always usually the best Senate recruit.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 03:37:29 PM »

Obviously if she had infidelity that's very bad and her fault but this complaint from her husband sounds ridiculous:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's his wife. As long as no one else was present, why is he complaining? Not that I have a desire to see Joni Ernst naked of course, but he is married to her.

I presume both are born again evangelicals so I guess is a big thing also would explain the husband not being supportive of her political career. Evangelicals are big on the whole women being at home concept.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 02:42:23 PM »

I don't get the hype around Greenfield she seems like a total lightweight. Need to be really recruiting a veteran against her, the admiral guy sounds interesting Todd Prichard who ran for Gov in '18 is also an interesting prospect. But the coalescing around Greenfield is just odd.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 01:24:45 PM »

It's absurd the DSCC has decided to back Greenfield a real estate developer who couldn't even manage to get on the ballot last year over a guy like this.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 03:38:12 PM »

Franken is getting the Joe Sestak treatment, even getting attacked by EMILY's List. Just hope Greenfield doesn't end up as another McGinty, but both have similar profiles.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies