The Comedy Goldmine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:17:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Comedy Goldmine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Comedy Goldmine  (Read 246113 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: September 19, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »

Context:

This is like the time when Emperor Hirohitho adressed Japan via radio for the first time.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 09:54:30 PM »

Smiley  I'll be taking his class next semester.

Mr. Sabato! Do you recognize me? I'm Ben from the Atlas Forum!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »

Wildcard bet: Elena Kagan came out of the closet to her colleagues at that meeting on Thursday and made a strong case that people in her position shouldn't be denied the right to marry someone they love. The court is swayed by her personal appeal, and decides to use the Prop 8 case (and specifically, upholding the facts and decision of the district court trial) to unanimously legalize same-sex marriage nationwide as a basic human right. It'll be like Brown v. Board, with the unanimity of the court playing a huge role in the decision's acceptance throughout most of the nation. Kagan publicly comes out of the closet in the decision of the court itself, which all eight of the other justices join in a show of support.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »

Two words popped into my head when I first saw this: Appalachian Trail.

Same here. Though I really don't want to know about the details if Brewer has that kind of scandal.

What scandal are you talking about? I assumed Keystone Phil meant she was walking the Appalachian Trail, but to be honest I think it takes like 2 months to walk that, not a week.

It might take you two months, others less than five minutes.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 03:52:42 AM »

Pacific Islanders in New Zealand vote pretty heavily for the Labour Party, so unless they're vastly different demographically I'd guess they voted Democratic.

That's not even comparing apples and oranges; more like apples and ostriches.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »

Unlike the mentioned two, I have admitted to being wrong on multiple occasions. The two here are quite similar to the store clerk in the Monty Python dead parrot sketch.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »

Strom Thurmond, a true hero of the white supremacist movement, held it in for 24 hours! Rand Paul has cowardly given in to his bladder after just half that time. Disgusting.
  Actually, Thurmond cheated.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 08:53:38 PM »

Miserably. Villainous business tycoons cackle as they pay their workers ten cents an hour. People regularly drop dead from the strain and are replaced by more desperate slaves from off the street, trampling over the corpses that are casually thrown onto the street. Children are forced to resort to panhandling to pay for life saving surgery because their parents died on the job and received no compensation. Anyone who protests is shot dead by Pinkertons because they have no union to protect them, and the cops knowingly turn the other way.

And then Opebo was all, "Omygod I know, right...?"
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »

"Romeo, drinking poison will not help you get girls."
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 02:52:40 PM »

Is Handel the Messiah the Georgia Republicans are looking for?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 06:02:50 PM »

Hopefully they help us remove a few of the conservatrolls and Paultard radicals.
And perhaps a few arrogant Frenchmen as well?
Good thing he's Canadian.

Could be one of those cases where both countries will try to blame each other.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 11:30:42 AM »

Too bad that's not an exercise update
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 01:07:18 AM »

News at 10 tonight:

Mr Morden announces 2016 run for president.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 11:03:20 AM »

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 12:05:44 AM »

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 04:46:02 PM »

This ideology has proponents that wouldn't even be able to concisely articulate it like you have. They don't even consider it an ideology, to them it's just American.

It's basically Nasoism.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 10:24:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What kind of landlord asks a member of the United States House of Representatives to supply character references from his fellow Representatives?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 10:48:53 PM »

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »

If you must know, the originally left-wingers in American politics were in fact the Tories or "Loyalists" of the colonial era, known mostly for their belief in a strong federal government, support of high taxes, and hatred for gun-toting hillbillies and anti-government "big business" types such as John Hancock and George Washington. They'd be the modern day Walter Mitty's and TNF's of the world. Their spiritual successors in America would be the Federalists, Whigs, and finally the Know Nothings who despised immigrants for their reactionary and papist views and had secret societies--the perfect example of typical liberal elitism. It would only be in the Bryan Era that #TrueLeftism had a resurgence on the Democratic ballot line.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 09:59:04 PM »

And Republicans could douche better with the youth vote, as seen in the 2000 election.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 07:47:07 PM »

Random flashbacks?  Like the time Boss Tweed criticized Inks over how he entered an LA Times poll in the database by flashing back to a story about "The Group"?

ok, Inks, I won't curse you out.  just don't do that anymore.  because you want the numbers to look a certain way.  we all do.  but hey, it doesn't work out like that.  let me tell you a story, Inks.  back in the summer I hung out with this group.  we called it, The Group.  we hung out from mid-afternoon everyday to past midnight.  but then this girl came in.  well, she was there anyway, but she ed sh**t up hardcore.  and one of my friends was in love with her, but it was painfully obviously he'd never get with her.  then another of my friends fell in love with her around August 10th.  and she actually liked him.  but there was a problem.  my two friends that were in love with the same girl, they had been best friends forever.  literally.  so the friend that.  oh who cares.  the point is, it ed sh**t up.  and now The Group is no longer.  and I've tried to wink towards my past, but winking towards it doesn't work.  I've become obsessed with it.  and I want The Group back, but it's no longer.  I want the numbers to look a certain way.  but they don't.  sorry Inks.  it happens.  so don't mess with my entries and I won't mess with yours.  it's better that way.

Yeah, I don't think they're all that clever.  Usually, when someone does a flashback like that, it's because they're trying too hard.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 03:26:20 PM »

Chair made some gutsy moves throughout the campaign, but picking Desk as her running mate solidified the base, and it all payed off.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 12:28:02 AM »

Who in Oklahoma who is going to vote Republican didn't in 2012.

Yeah. I mean, you'd basically have to be one of those people who decide whom to vote for literally at the voting booth for that idea to hold any water whatsoever.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies