GA-Sen: Handel prepping for potential run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:36:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-Sen: Handel prepping for potential run
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-Sen: Handel prepping for potential run  (Read 602 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:53:01 AM »

Looks like Price will stay out.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/344622/hard-handel-betsy-woodruff
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »

Way too early to call this, especially for Handel's people. Price will make up his mind in May whether to stay in the House or take a shot at the Senate, and then Handel will run for the other one.

I definitely think this article overstates Price's chances for promotion within the House. I doubt Paul Ryan will ever be pushed into House leadership (look at the Price v. McMorris-Rogers battle, even-- that was essentially a failed leadership battle by proxy between Ryan and the GOP establishment). If Ryan is staying in place and Price can't win a party caucus election, what promotion opportunity does that leave him with?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 01:53:17 PM »

Is Handel the Messiah the Georgia Republicans are looking for?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »

Well, past indications are that she's not very good at fundraising (she raised less money in 2010 than 5 other candidates for governor)-- and she'll be going against several Congressmen who already have millions saved up in their campaign accounts.

There's also the fact that her campaign will probably be a one-trick pony of "Planned Parenthood is bad and I got kicked out of Susan G Komen because I oppose abortion!" That line will be utterly neutralized as soon as one of her opponents bothers to mention that when Handel was Fulton County Commission Chair she authorized that a half-billion dollar Federal grant be forwarded to Fulton's Planned Parenthood organization.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 02:53:40 PM »

Well, past indications are that she's not very good at fundraising (she raised less money in 2010 than 5 other candidates for governor)-- and she'll be going against several Congressmen who already have millions saved up in their campaign accounts.

There's also the fact that her campaign will probably be a one-trick pony of "Planned Parenthood is bad and I got kicked out of Susan G Komen because I oppose abortion!" That line will be utterly neutralized as soon as one of her opponents bothers to mention that when Handel was Fulton County Commission Chair she authorized that a half-billion dollar Federal grant be forwarded to Fulton's Planned Parenthood organization.

Oh BK...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »

Oh BK...

Aww, I missed a joke or some such, didn't I Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »

I was a big fan of Handel back in 2010, even volunteered for her. It's a shame she isn't Governor now, but I'd certainly back her in whatever she chooses to pursue.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »

Since by the GOP came defeat, by the GOP came also victorious elections to the Senate, for, as in Paul Broun, all party hopes die, even so in Karen Handel, so shall hope be made alive.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »

Basically, anybody but Paul Broun or Phil Gingrey is fine with me. Otherwise, I'd vote for Barrow, and I disagree with Barrow on just about EVERYTHING.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies