January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:52:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 139912 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: July 19, 2021, 12:09:15 PM »

Unless they hurt someone or damaged property, probation sounds fine for the rest.

Probation for trying to violently overthrow the government?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 12:11:36 PM »

At least. It was only thanks to a few heroes and some good luck that the didn't end up with a bunch of dead Congressmen.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 12:19:04 PM »

Unless they hurt someone or damaged property, probation sounds fine for the rest.

Didn't I say violent ones deserve jail time?  Yes, yes I did.

They were all violent. At best you could argue that this terrorist only intended to come in the Capitol to yell, scream, and threaten Congressmen into overturning the election while not being willing to throw any punches or pull any triggers himself, but considering how he knowingly and willingly went in there with people who were willing to go all the way, is that really a convincing argument? I think not. We all know what his intentions were.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 02:28:19 PM »

Didn't I say violent ones deserve jail time?  Yes, yes I did.

They were all violent. At best you could argue that this terrorist only intended to come in the Capitol to yell, scream, and threaten Congressmen into overturning the election while not being willing to throw any punches or pull any triggers himself, but considering how he knowingly and willingly went in there with people who were willing to go all the way, is that really a convincing argument? I think not. We all know what his intentions were.

Uh, no, they were not all violent.  Many were arrested after the fact just for being outside of the buildings but on the grounds. I'm in favor of punishing for what they did, not what any of us think their intentions were.  If they committed violence or damaged property, jail time. 

This has nothing to do with the people who never entered the Captiol - have you even read the thread? This man was in the House chamber and Pelosi's office.

Again, the reason they stormed the Capitol was to try to force Congress to overturn the election and declare Trump the winner. That of course wasn't possible, but their media sources and Trump himself told them it was. The best spin you can put on anyone who participated is that some of them may have only been there for intimidation and moral support and fully intended to leave the actual violence up to others, but that's still participating in an attempted overthrow of the government.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 12:27:23 PM »

McCarthy has pulled his remaining picks. So its just gonna be Dems plus Cheney

LOL, what a little bitch. How in the world does anyone on the Right like this guy?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 02:25:12 PM »

History won't look fondly upon Michael T. Pence, that's for sure.

History is already looking poorly at the entire traitorous Trump regime, including his obsequious toady VP.
The only confirmed traitors in the Trump administration were Bolton, Mike T. Pence, Cohn and McMaster.

"I hire only the best people." Ooops?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »

"I hire only the best people." Ooops?
Trump is an idiot, and allowed T. Pence to choose his cabinet. This isn't the 'gotcha' you think it is.

Maybe not to you, but it's a huge gotcha at people who don't lurve Trump.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 03:33:09 PM »

I’m still trying to figure out who is Mike T. Pence.

Mike Traitor Pence I presume
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 08:00:02 AM »

Growing group of GOP members wants McCarthy to punish Kinzinger and Cheney for joining January 6 committee
A growing group of rank-and-file House Republicans wants House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and GOP leadership to punish Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for accepting a position from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to serve on the select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection.

The push to seek punishment rose to a new level on Sunday, after Pelosi announced that Kinzinger had accepted her invitation to join the committee. Initially, most rank-and-file Republicans were content to let Cheney serve without much of a fight, but Kinzinger's addition has changed the conversation and has put a new level of pressure on McCarthy.
They're welcome to start caucusing with the Democrats, though they won't be able to influence policy.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 03:36:57 PM »

Maybe someone who can implicate Ginni Thomas in an undeniable way?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022, 04:29:16 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2022, 04:40:51 PM by 7,052,770 »

Grumps doesn't care, and Fuzzy is waiting for Facebook (probably a page run by Russian intelligence like Zero Hedge or worse) to give him new talking points.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2022, 08:00:51 PM »

I can't imagine the Committee would have let her say that if they didn't corroborate the story with someone else, namely the secret service agents who have already testified. Something doesn't add up here, and somebody in this story may be lying on purpose to make fools out of the Committee.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2022, 08:08:11 PM »

Did you post the wrong link? Nothing in the article indicates any feeling either way from her, other than she probably liked him alright if she was willing to keep working for him after his term ended.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2022, 07:52:13 PM »

The Secret Service is under no obligation to carry out instructions that would aid and abet criminal activity - indeed they are obliged to ignore any such instructions. The president is not a dictator, and he does not have the authority to turn the Secret Service into a Praetorian Guard as part of a plot to prevent the peaceful transfer of power.

This is not a difficult concept.
In this case, whisking Trump away to the White House caused chaos. If Trump was at the Capitol, no way people enter and trespass in the building.

What are you even talking about? He would have personally led way more people inside if he'd been there.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2022, 04:39:22 PM »

Democrats message at this point should essentially be - if you want Democracy to continue and Trump to be held accountable, vote to keep us the house.

Yep, even a vote for the relatively normal "good Republican" in Rhode Island is a vote to authorize and normalize a 1/6 every 4 years going forward.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2023, 07:26:51 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2023, 08:09:08 PM by 7,052,770 »

Looks like the GOP needs to rally around whoever is the leading anti Trump candidate after IA/NH and do everything possible to help them get them nomination . DeSantis Scott Haley Pence Christe all should make a deal with each other behind the scenes to ensure this happens

The problem with this is that Trump is already over 50% and would gain a little more as candidates dropped out. Like I imagine that he'd inherit close to half of DeSantis voters if DeSantis dropped out. Probably true for the others too. There just isn't nearly a large enough anti-Trump element in the Republican primary electorate.

Like in that poll you linked in the other thread, 65% of DeSantis supporters have a positive opinion of Trump and 45% of supporters of other Republicans do too. Even if you somehow got Trump under 50%, you could never coalesce all of the other candidate's support around just one of them, as the dropouts would just leak support back to Trump.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2023, 07:30:11 PM »

The only Candidate I would consider to support besides DeSantis is Tim Scott.

Mike Pence is a Religious BIGOT! He isn't even a Christian! He probably has some mormon faith like Mitt Romney.

So if it's Pence (or Haley, Ramaswamy, etc.) vs. Biden next November, you're joining us? Welcome!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies