Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:40:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149906 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: February 15, 2019, 04:59:14 PM »

People at my working class job in Portage County were talking about how horrible Trump is and blaming him for people not ordering anything from the business. I was almost fooled into thinking they're not going to vote for him next year. Fortunately, because I am an enlightened member of USElectionAtlas Dot Org, Trump can be safe knowing they are in his column because Ohio is Missouri now.

Those Trump-Dewine voters will flock to Kamala.

but they voted for Brown over Jim "Fitzgerald with a license" Renacci.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 10:29:36 PM »

I think I'm the only McAfee supporter here Sad

McAfee supporters show urselves!!

It's just your own reflection in the mirror.

If u want to make the world a better place, u start with the man in the mirror 💯💯💯
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 11:29:48 PM »

Just got my 4th college acceptance from UNC Charlotte today. That means I'm just waiting on Penn State (which is way to expensive, and I know that)

I really don't have any main stressful things going on, except perhaps scholarship stuff, but even then thanks to my SAT scores I wouldn't be paying much for a lot of these schools. South Alabama's brings me down to 9k a year, and I don't think that factors in departmental scholarship and such.

The only other stress recently was the fact that my English teacher is just not very good. He seems to care more about his coaching than teaching, it's annoying. I was sick for a whole week a while back and he didn't respond to any of my emails asking for the work we did, so I've spent the last few weeks struggling to make it up.

Congrats bro. Where else you got
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 01:25:44 PM »

you know guys i don't really know a lot about politics and all, i'm basically an apolitical person who just listened to too many George W Bush speeches.

How did you get on the forum then?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »

My weight loss has slowed since the first week, but it's still going down:

1/10: 360.4
1/17: 345.8
1/24: 342.0
1/31: 338.4

I'm planning to go to this adventure tower/ropes course in my hometown that has a 300-pound weight limit to celebrate when I'm under 300.  I'll probably wait until 290 or so, just to be sure that daily fluctuations, shoes, and a different scale won't accidentally put me over (if they actually weigh you, that is).

2/7: 332.6
2/14: 329.4
2/21: 327.2
2/28: 323.4
3/6: 318.4

Now down 42 pounds!!

Wow good job!
Whats your daily meal/calories at?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 04:47:45 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2020, 04:50:51 PM by lfromnj »

Officially making plans to go back to counseling. It's not that I'm in an especially bad place right now, but I desperately need help motivating myself to do more than just sit around, write, and watch elections. It's very difficult for me to work, but that doesn't mean I have to act like a sentient potato with a face.

TAKE THE DRUGS+HIT THE GYM.

(note I wish you the best of luck)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 04:53:26 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2020, 05:00:26 PM by lfromnj »

I'm planning to go to this adventure tower/ropes course in my hometown that has a 300-pound weight limit to celebrate when I'm under 300.  I'll probably wait until 290 or so, just to be sure that daily fluctuations, shoes, and a different scale won't accidentally put me over (if they actually weigh you, that is).

Now down 42 pounds!!

Wow good job!

I'm not counting calories.  I'm doing Nutrisystem, where they send you the majority of your food, and give you guidelines about what to add to it.  I estimate that I am averaging about 1300 calories a day, sometimes a little more when I go off plan slightly.

But, with my height, weight, gender, and age, I lose weight a lot faster than others (burning 3000-4000 calories a day without significant exercise).  It wouldn't surprise me if I averaged eating 4000+ calories a day before starting this.
How tall are you again?

Also exercise rarely burns calories at any significant level for 95% of the population, only athletes really burn it that much.  However still start exercise as I would try to avoid as you get skinnier is skinny fat as that happens with a sedentary lifestyle.
Even if you become skinner you are often losing regular healthy lean body mass along with your body fat. So you could go from 350 at 40% body fat or 140 lbs of body fat and then cut off like 70 lbs of body fat but also 70 lbs of lean body mass which still puts you at around 33% body fat
which while due to your lower weight isn't that bad anymore is still slightly unhealthy and doesn't look very nice.
Weightloss is just CICO which it looks like you are doing.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »

I'm planning to go to this adventure tower/ropes course in my hometown that has a 300-pound weight limit to celebrate when I'm under 300.  I'll probably wait until 290 or so, just to be sure that daily fluctuations, shoes, and a different scale won't accidentally put me over (if they actually weigh you, that is).

Now down 42 pounds!!

Wow good job!

I'm not counting calories.  I'm doing Nutrisystem, where they send you the majority of your food, and give you guidelines about what to add to it.  I estimate that I am averaging about 1300 calories a day, sometimes a little more when I go off plan slightly.

But, with my height, weight, gender, and age, I lose weight a lot faster than others (burning 3000-4000 calories a day without significant exercise).  It wouldn't surprise me if I averaged eating 4000+ calories a day before starting this.
How tall are you again?

Also exercise rarely burns calories at any significant level for 95% of the population, only athletes really burn it that much.  However still start exercise as I would try to avoid as you get skinnier is skinny fat as that happens with a sedentary lifestyle.

Weightloss is just CICO which it looks like you are doing.

6'5".  With my body type, I have no real desire to get below 250 or so, so I'm a significant chunk of the way there.
Gl in finishing it but dont forget to make more of that 250 lb muscle too.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 12:09:48 PM »

The past month of my life has been pure hell. My car decided to completely break down due to an expensive problem that isn't worth investing into it just the night before my fiancee and me were moving to Wisconsin. We had the apartmented lease signed, power turned on, and my transfer approved. Since then, I have been forced to move in with my sister and her fiancee (who are both unstable), lost my job, found out my income tax returns will be delayed (it took them a month to send me a letter about that) so I am now broke, my mom's boyfriend (who's severely immunocompromised) is in quarantine because the hospital he went to for a dentist visit just confirmed several Covid-19 cases so they had to both be tested at their apartment last night, my fiancee has been sick for a week and it has turned into possible pneumonia and severe dehydration so the RN at the minute clinic sent her immediately to the hospital, and now I am getting to spend the primary election day for my state in a hospital with them asking about her possibly having exposure to Covid-19 (my mom's bf was exposed after she got sick).

2020 sucks.

Anyway, please send some positive thoughts/vibes/prayers her way. We'd really appreciate it!

Best of luck to you and your family!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 02:47:47 PM »

Currently completing an online training about muh cybersecurity. Said training includes highlights such as a whole rambling paragraph about the metaphysical significance of the number three (as a way of introducing the stupid gimmicky outline of the presentation) and a call for the viewers to become "human firewalls". Where is OC when you need him? Cry

You mean it wouldn’t let you just skip through the presentation and then complete the quiz using basic common sense? Barbaric.

That's the worst part, yeah... It was a series of 40some short videos and you can't skip to the next until they finish. And none of them was actually necessary to complete the quiz.

Just use inspect element and speed it up/skip it to 10 times, I did that for some assault course for my school.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 03:49:53 PM »

My guinea pig is dying. He's been diagnosed with cancer in November, but it was judged inoperable, so, because he was in obviously good (even very good) condition then, we've been told he should just live and make the best of it. He was totally fine until a few days ago when you could clearly see the big difference for the worse, and it's now the last stage. He's suffering greatly, but I have no means of putting the poor fellow down, to end his anguish. I'm out of Warsaw, and the nearest vet is in the other town, and I have no means of transport, nor would the vet come down here at this hour. I'm only hoping it won't last long, and I have no way of comforting the poor fellow (touching him makes his feel worse).

I can just sit next to him, look and f**king cry.

Im sorry for you kal!
Feel better soon, its always sad to have a pet die.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 03:38:20 PM »

Today was great. We finally evicted our problem tenant and re-rented his spaces to a family of Cuban truckers who already rent a sizable portion of the property. It's uplifting to see some small businesses prospering in times like these.

Sadly we have not banned hatred against POL on this forum yet so I would be prepared for aggressive attacks made against you .
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 07:52:16 PM »

Four Lyrica, a Xanax, and a Strawberry margaratina that's 8% alcohol.

My name's Scott and welcome to Jackass.

Make that two Xanax.

Let's boldly go where no man's gone before.

Dude no, I know what I said before was awful but that was in the haste, don't do something this stupid!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies