the "son of perdition"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:20:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  the "son of perdition"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: the "son of perdition"  (Read 7945 times)
prophetman
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »

Paul stated in 11Thes.2 that, before the Lord could return to earth there would have to first come a falling away, afterwhich the man of sin; son of perdition would have to exalt and reveal himself.

In John 17:12 Jesus referred to Judas as being the son of perdition.

So, in light of that scripture would the son of perdition of whom Paul spoke be ONE man? or would he be more than one?

You be the judge.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »

Halford 15:1:

White bolt of lightning
Came out of nowhere
Blinded the darkness
Created the storm

War in the heavens
Vengeance ignited
Torment and tempest
Attacks like a swarm

Forged out of flame
From chaos to destiny
Bringer of pain
Forever undying
Judas is rising

Eternal betrayer
Ice cold and evil
Taking no prisoners
Dark prince of the world

Humanity trembles
Enslaving you sinners
You can't beg for mercy
For none will be saved

The burden of sin
Echoes the prophecy
Ascending from hell
Forever despising
Judas is rising

Their faith is revealed
Deceivers are crying
By crucified steel
Evangelising
Judas is rising
Judas is rising
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »

Don't lie to us, now.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2009, 05:28:16 PM by Supersoulty »

Seriously, one more thread like this and I will recommend action to the mod committee.  If you have nothing more to do that create new single paragraph threads that cite some obscure passage as being "proof" of some ridiculous notion to conjured in your head, then you have nothing worth offering here.

I can tolerate your idiocy.  I won't tolerate you cluttering up this board with it.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »

Seriously, one more thread like this and I will recommend action to the mod committee.  If you have nothing more to do that create new single paragraph threads that cite some obscure passage as being "proof" of some ridiculous notion to conjured in your head, then you have nothing worth offering here.

I can tolerate your idiocy.  I won't tolerate you cluttering up this board with it.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, if the "mod committee" is anything like you, SS, then I'm already dead in the water.
Hopefully however there's one on the committee who appreciates the prophetic scriptures, and actually looks to THE BIBLE for understanding instead of the Left Behind novels.

In any event do as you will.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »

Soulty, it may be time for an exorcism.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 07:48:14 PM »

Well, if the "mod committee" is anything like you, SS, then I'm already dead in the water.
Hopefully however there's one on the committee who appreciates the prophetic scriptures, and actually looks to THE BIBLE for understanding instead of the Left Behind novels.

What the....

You are making even less sense that before, I didn't think that was possible... Left Behind novels?  I have no idea what the Hell you are talking about, or how that applies to me in any way.

Although, you mentioning that does make me now expect that you are a sock puppet, because while it is common amongst non-Christians to stereotype all Christians as believing in that non-sense, when it is really only a small minority.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 09:15:34 PM »

What the....

You are making even less sense that before, I didn't think that was possible... Left Behind novels?  I have no idea what the Hell you are talking about, or how that applies to me in any way.

Although, you mentioning that does make me now expect that you are a sock puppet, because while it is common amongst non-Christians to stereotype all Christians as believing in that non-sense, when it is really only a small minority.

A "sock puppet"?.........I don't know what you're talking about.

I created this particular thread to discuss the question, "Is the son of perdition spoken of by Paul in 11Thes.2, one man? or more than one man?"  I also presented a scripture in which Jesus called Judas Iscariot the son of perdition.

Now, I don't know your particular view on the subject, but most if not all of the pentacostal and evangelical Christians in America believes that the son of perdition of whom Paul spoke, is one man.  I on the other hand believe that they're more than one.  In fact I've identified them as the African Americans.

Now, my question to you would be, What's the problem? Do I not have the right to express my views on this matter?

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2009, 09:33:25 PM by Supersoulty »

What the....

I created this particular thread to discuss the question, "Is the son of perdition spoken of by Paul in 11Thes.2, one man? or more than one man?"  I also presented a scripture in which Jesus called Judas Iscariot the son of perdition.

Now, I don't know your particular view on the subject, but most if not all of the pentacostal and evangelical Christians in America believes that the son of perdition of whom Paul spoke, is one man.  I on the other hand believe that they're more than one.  In fact I've identified them as the African Americans.

Now, my question to you would be, What's the problem? Do I not have the right to express my views on this matter?

Well, the Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar was a black guy, so I guess this really does make sense after all.  I see the light.  I now invite you to post 40 more similarly enlightening threads so that we may all bask in the glorious light of your revelation.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 12:20:18 AM »

prophetman, open your heart and stop hating people just for looking different than you do.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 01:52:08 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2009, 02:05:23 PM by prophetman »

What the....

Well, the Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar was a black guy, so I guess this really does make sense after all.  I see the light.  I now invite you to post 40 more similarly enlightening threads so that we may all bask in the glorious light of your revelation.

My understanding of the scriptures and of the man of lawlessness is gleaned from THE BIBLE, not from some ol blasphemous play which portrays Jesus Christ as a homosexual. 

Howbeit, the producers of the play did the right thing by casting a black man as Judas Iscariot, for according to all the descriptions given in Daniel and in Revelation,  the man of sin; son of perdition, or "man of lawlessness" as I prefer to call them,  is without a doubt the black man, ie, the black race in America.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2009, 02:07:41 PM by prophetman »

prophetman, open your heart and stop hating people just for looking different than you do.

God knows our hearts, and according to Him in Rev.17:16 it's "the ten horns" or black Americans who hate the harlot Babylon (the white Americans).
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »

White bolt of lightning
Came out of nowhere
Blinded the darkness
Created the storm

War in the heavens
Vengeance ignited
Torment and tempest
Attacks like a swarm

Forged out of flame
From chaos to destiny
Bringer of pain
Forever undying
Judas is rising

Eternal betrayer
Ice cold and evil
Taking no prisoners
Dark prince of the world

Humanity trembles
Enslaving you sinners
You can't beg for mercy
For none will be saved

The burden of sin
Echoes the prophecy
Ascending from hell
Forever despising
Judas is rising

Their faith is revealed
Deceivers are crying
By crucified steel
Evangelising
Judas is rising
Judas is rising

"Judas Rising"? Righteous Dude.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »

White bolt of lightning
Came out of nowhere
Blinded the darkness
Created the storm

War in the heavens
Vengeance ignited
Torment and tempest
Attacks like a swarm

Forged out of flame
From chaos to destiny
Bringer of pain
Forever undying
Judas is rising

Eternal betrayer
Ice cold and evil
Taking no prisoners
Dark prince of the world

Humanity trembles
Enslaving you sinners
You can't beg for mercy
For none will be saved

The burden of sin
Echoes the prophecy
Ascending from hell
Forever despising
Judas is rising

Their faith is revealed
Deceivers are crying
By crucified steel
Evangelising
Judas is rising
Judas is rising

"Judas Rising"? Righteous Dude.

Yup. Prophetman was basically asking for it. Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 03:48:14 AM »

God knows our hearts, and according to Him in Rev.17:16 it's "the ten horns" or black Americans who hate the harlot Babylon (the white Americans).

Let's say I believe that for a second. Why don't you meet their hatred with compassion instead of your own hatred?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 03:56:40 AM »

Let's say I believe that for a second. Why don't you meet their hatred with compassion instead of your own hatred?

Yeah you hatefag misguided soul.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 07:38:40 PM »

Well now that's just crazy talk.  Love your enemies...do good to those who persecute you...bless those who curse you...if someone strikes you, turn the other cheek...if someone takes your coat, offer him your cloak too...if someone compels you to walk a mile, walk a second mile with him.

Now Lief...seriously.  That's just crazy talk.  Only a loon would  think so illogically.

Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 11:46:11 AM »

Yes, I agree with the preceding post here. If you don't share his "beliefs" don't even offer him the present to, even eventually, just for making him get a point, go in his sens.

Though, I liked the first attempt Eraserhead.

prophetman, now maybe you should try fresh air in your mind, you should try other things. If you apologize for the words you had toward other human beings, you'll always find a human being to forgive you.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 06:33:43 AM »

Well now that's just crazy talk.  Love your enemies...do good to those who persecute you...bless those who curse you...if someone strikes you, turn the other cheek...if someone takes your coat, offer him your cloak too...if someone compels you to walk a mile, walk a second mile with him.

Now Lief...seriously.  That's just crazy talk.  Only a loon would  think so illogically.

>>>Only a loon would think so illogically.<<<

Precisely.
If you people can't be loving and respectful to me; a fellow poster, it's highly unlikely that you'd love and do all those things for your enemies.  Me thinks you're being a bit hypocritical. 
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 06:45:47 AM »

[/quote]

WOW, what's that all about?

[/quote]

Me?  Apologize for what?  If I've offended you people by speaking the Truth according to end-time scriptures, then that's your problem, not mine. 
You should be apologizing to GOD for not believing His Truth.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 02:16:14 PM »

>>>Only a loon would think so illogically.<<<

Precisely.
If you people can't be loving and respectful to me; a fellow poster, it's highly unlikely that you'd love and do all those things for your enemies.  Me thinks you're being a bit hypocritical. 

Well why can't you be loving and respectful of black Americans? Who's the hypocrite now?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »

[/quote]

Me?  Apologize for what?  If I've offended you people by speaking the Truth according to end-time scriptures, then that's your problem, not mine. 
[/quote]

You should be apologizing to your GOD for chasing away potential believers with your message of ignorance. I know quite a few black people who are very devoted christians and believers in this "God" you follow. The biggest difference is that they worship a god of love, you obviously worship a god of division. And this is coming from an atheist Smiley, funny how the sight of a cross doesn't sicken me or a church make me rage!

And I'm just being soft on you prophetman, don't make me bring out the nuclear warfare.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 10:15:17 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow.  Just...wow.  It's permissable for you to curse African Americans and spew all manner of venom about them.  But we can't call you on it...because doing so is hateful.

Get thee to a psychiatrist, prophetman.  You desperately need mental help.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 03:31:10 PM »

Ok, this guy is crazy.  I believe in the "end times" stuff predicted in the Bible, as do most American christians, especially Catholics, but to categorize the son of perdition as African Americans is crazy and totally racist.  The African American subsection of American Christianity is one of the biggest groups of evangelical Christianity in the country.  Even Obama, though Rev. Wright was himself a racist black liberation theologist, is a evangelical christian (though a liberal first).  The pentecostal doctrine is not the only doctrine in evangelical Christianity.  Indeed, the word evangelical is a media-created word along with Christian fundamentalist to mock voters in the south or pro-life voters.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »

hehe, I don't know if you people are as dumb as you appear, or if, you simply won't believe the truth even though it's staring you in the face. 

Would you be as upset with me if I told you that God likens this present generation of white Americans to that of a harlot?
Well, it's true.  As a people today, we white Americans resemble a harlot; a protestute working for her pimp (the black man), and trying to please him.  And as the result, we've exalted the black man above ourselves and even above our God. 

Think about it!  We white Americans won't even allow our Lord's name to be mentioned in the public square, and yet we cannot find enough ways to honor black Americans. 
God calls that "the worship of the beast".

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies