Birthers Alert!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:14:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Birthers Alert!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Birthers Alert!!!  (Read 7190 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 08:24:28 AM »

Don't give us that garbage. You know as well as I do that he can get at least a copy whenever he wants to. And again, where is the evidence that this is the primary reason it hasn't been done?

Are you daft? Just go a page back and there you will see a copy of his certificate.
Marokai has put it up as his signature.

Who's this Marokai fellow? Bet he's a lib.

I reckon he is a Big City Elitist too.
Probably he looks down to real americans from Ohio like CJK.

And he's one them thar eggheaded college boy types too. Always with his head in some book, steadda doing real 'murrican stuff like listening to Glenn Beck and keepin' a watchful eye on welfare queens. 
CJK
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 05:12:50 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2009, 05:15:02 PM by CJK »

Don't give us that garbage. You know as well as I do that he can get at least a copy whenever he wants to. And again, where is the evidence that this is the primary reason it hasn't been done?

Are you daft? Just go a page back and there you will see a copy of his certificate.
Marokai has put it up as his signature.

Have you been reading anything we've been typing here? That's not his birth certificate. It's a certification of live birth. The two are not the same. What the "Birthers" want is for Obama to produce a copy of the "long-form" original certificate. Considering that Obama produced the certification to "fight the smears" against him in the first place, you'd think he'd provide all the information to settle the controversy, thus ending the "smears". I'm sorry if that makes too much sense for you.

I'd rather be dense than act like a complete douchebag such as yourself.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2009, 06:08:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1nmn2zRMc&feature=player_embedded

Mike Castle gets his Town Hall meeting taken over by a bunch of birthers, who then insist on everybody spontaneously pledging allegiance to the flag.

This gets funnier every day.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »

Even Coburn is not a birther.  Yeesh.

And birthers...just hold on tight to your little conspiracy theory because...

Is that real?  If so, what were their ad people thinking?

It's certainly intentional.
CJK
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »

I guess you (px75) are a joke poster then. There's no other explanation for someone who calls you stupid after having to be corrected due to their own ignorance.

Oh, yeah, you can drop your "independent" masquerade too. Everything you have done is to shill for Dems and insult everyone who ideologically disagree with you.

This will be my final post here unless someone can give a real response as to why Obama will not release a copy of information to respond the "smears" he's so eager to crush.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »

This will be my final post here unless someone can give a real response as to why Obama will not release a copy of information to respond the "smears" he's so eager to crush.

"Eager to crush"?  Says who?  The administration has given this 'issue' just the right attention it deserves.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 12:33:53 AM »

I guess you (px75) are a joke poster then. There's no other explanation for someone who calls you stupid after having to be corrected due to their own ignorance.

Oh, yeah, you can drop your "independent" masquerade too. Everything you have done is to shill for Dems and insult everyone who ideologically disagree with you.

Yeah, that's right kid. Go on and hold your breath till Obama shows you his birth certificate.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 12:50:23 AM »

Doesn't anybody honestly believe Hillary Clinton and John McCain, two people who would sell their own children (and grandchildren) to be President, would let Obama slip through the cracks if he were really not a U.S. citizen?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 02:41:33 AM »

It seems weird to demand a citizen of Greece pretend to join a political party on a forum because he's liberal.

MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 02:44:46 AM »

In my opinion the so called birthers, which is a pathetic name for a pathetic group of people, are not only racists but cowards.  One of the most profound things I ever heard was a statement made by a professor of philosophy I had my junior year who stated, I'm paraphrasing here,  "the cause of conspiracy theories is that we have an event when weighed against the cause of the event does not measure up so we as humans must construct a counter balance to this event for us to comprehend it and balance it in our minds." I brings this up because that is what i see in these pathetic people who call themselves birthers.  

I have tried to ignore their cries but it seems that this week has been a call out to all of these sad sacks. Throughtout the election I tried to categorize anti obama voters in to three categories, this is not to seem condescending but if it does i do apologize.  The anti-obama voters broke down thusly, those who were vehemently opposed to the political ideology of the democrats IE those reps who frequent this site,for the most part,; racist members of both parties yes both parties share these member shocking really, the white lady from West Virginia we all saw at the Hillary rally,; and those who saw obama as the culmination of a rapidly changing demographic inside the US.  The latter voters saw obama as the end game of a change, a different America so to speak, one in which they did not particularly believe in or want to subscribe to. This group was constantly labeled racist sadly by those who out of their own fear misidentified the root cause of their fear.

Now we come to the present and we see the latter groups of the anti obama voters sharing a conscience. The racist members of the voting and non voting block so angered by the election of a black man could not conceive it was done fairly and against their will.  Having exhausted the usually bogeymen of the so called liberal media and dark conspiratorial societies, IE the freemason and the Illuminati, have latched onto a completely fictitious belief that the president is somehow less of an American than them.  Always remember this it is the key underlying point, he is not like them. This alone would be of no concern, because lets face it the losing side of any election no matter how big or small creates a causation not do to them but due to their antagonistic who were the real cause of their downfall, however these fringe lunatics' cause has now been picked up by people who garner repsect amongst the populace at large.  Okay, to some degree they posses this.  When these cowards, who mostly fall in the group of people who see a changing America one they do not recognize, realized they to had no power to change what the perceived as ill conceived they needed a reason for this, one that balanced their feelings of being overwhelmed with the event that took place.  Thus, you have a marriage between semi-rational, used lightly, republicans and the fringe lunatics that originally started the birther movement.

If one wants to draw a parallel you could do so around the democrats who for years carried the banner of political assassination when referring to the murders of JFK, RFK, and MLK.  Both movements sprung from a disbelief in what was happening around them.  Sadly however, the newer birther movements roots are founded in the most vile part of the human existence. Ultimately my point being that the birther were a group created from the inability of racist to comprehend the election of a black man.  This group has now been further by another group of people who are in such disbelief that Americans could see a different society than the one of 1950's television that they need to construct similar radical causation.  The ultimate cause being that the unamerican American electorate was duped by a non member to radically alter the core foundations upon which the society which they hold dear was based, or so they want to believe.

I apologize for my rant I am long winded and I just can not help it man.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 02:46:40 AM »

It seems weird to demand a citizen of Greece pretend to join a political party on a forum because he's liberal.

It's what Sarah Palin would want.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 04:36:10 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2009, 04:56:23 AM by Old Europe »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1nmn2zRMc&feature=player_embedded

Mike Castle gets his Town Hall meeting taken over by a bunch of birthers, who then insist on everybody spontaneously pledging allegiance to the flag.

This gets funnier every day.

Far out, man, far out. Reminds me of McCain's "I don' trust him... he's an Arab" video from the campaign.

At first glance, I also get the impression that some people are easily confusing "natural-born citizen" with "U.S. citizen", suggesting that Obama is no American at all (which would make him what... a Kenyan citizen? a stateless person?). But that's not even the issue, I hope.

But I agree with htmldon that this "debate" only proves that conservative hacks are just as retarded as liberal hacks ("OMG, Bush stole the election again" etc.)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 07:51:48 AM »

I apologize for my rant I am long winded and I just can not help it man.

NP.......and welcome!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »

You'd think some of the birthers would be distracted by the "Jewish merchant harvesting kidneys" story from yesterday...
CJK
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »

He probably can't comprehend English well enough to give an intelligent response.

"Eager to crush"?  Says who?  The administration has given this 'issue' just the right attention it deserves.

The reason that he gave the certification of live birth in the first place was to squash such rumors against him. He started a whole website to debunking rumors about him. And of course his media protectors told us that he wanted to debunk the muslim rumors. So yeah, it is accurate to say that he is "eager to crush" rumors that he's somehoow not legitimate.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »

Why should the administration give any further credence to allegations that are unsubstantiated BS?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2009, 08:34:16 PM »

Has any other President of the United States had his natural-born American citizenship questioned to the extent this president has?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2009, 02:17:29 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2009, 02:19:45 PM by cinyc »

Has any other President of the United States had his natural-born American citizenship questioned to the extent this president has?

Yes.  Chester A. Arthur.  Born in Vermont - or, to his detractors, in Ireland and/or across the border in Canada.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, it seems.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2009, 05:21:16 PM »

Why won't Mr. Arthur reveal his birth certificate...?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2009, 06:55:03 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2009, 08:17:06 PM by cinyc »

Why won't Mr. Arthur reveal his birth certificate...?

Close.  The question asked was "Why in —— don't the General come out and say where he was born, and put an end to all this mystery?"  Birth certificates weren't as common back then, when people were still born at home.  Births and significant events were often recorded in the family bible.

If you're into history, the parallels between the Obama and Arthur not "naturally born" claims are eerily similar.  They were raised by a lawyer who claimed to be from then-Vice Presidential nominee Arthur's party (Republican).  That lawyer later published a book, How A British Subject Became President of the United States, about the claim after Arthur became President due to Garfield's assassination.  Inconsistent claims were made that President Arthur was born in Ireland or Canada.  Plus, Arthur's mother was born in New Hampshire, anyway, probably making the whole point moot.  (His father was an itinerant preacher who moved from congregation to congregation - but unlike Obama's dad, didn't leave him.  That, plus an apparent lie about Arthur's year of birth, made the claim plausible).  And there were even claims that Chester wasn't President Arthur's real first name.

Edited to add: More here (continued here) from the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, republishing its earlier 1880 coverage of the issue after President Garfield's assassination and death. 

That the doctor who was present at Chester Arthur's birth attested he was born in Vermont still wasn't enough for the lawyer, who published the book in 1884 (which was even circulated to delegates at the Republican National Convention that year).

Like I said, the more things change, the more they stay the same, it seems.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2009, 10:16:40 PM »

I think the whole idea that we should "trust a man by his word" is dead in this day and age. I cringe at the idea that in this day of identity theft, mass fraud, et al that we simply accept the fact that a man can become president based on his sworn word. While I fully believe that Obama is and always was an American citizen I think what's more important is that the process for applying to run for political office should be modernized as to prevent any potential future cases of fraud which may arise in the future. If I, as a regular US citizen is forced to provide my birth certificate to get a drivers license etc then it is clear to me that when running for any political office the proper credentials should be checked.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 10:19:57 PM »

It's funny that no one gave McCain sh**t for being born in the Panama Canal zone.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »

I think the whole idea that we should "trust a man by his word" is dead in this day and age.
It wasn't all that alive in Arthur's day, either.  He came out and flat out said he was born in Vermont.  It didn't stop the 19th century "birthers" from pressing on, though.

It's funny that no one gave McCain sh**t for being born in the Panama Canal zone.

Nobody other than the New York Times, which published an article on the subject as part of its multiple attempts to slime McCain with innuendo, that is.  Plus, the question of whether a territorial birth makes you "naturally born" was pretty much settled by the Goldwater precedent.  Goldwater was born in the territory of Arizona.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2009, 05:59:05 AM »

He probably can't comprehend English well enough to give an intelligent response.

I find his English is about as good, or better, than yours as far as analysis goes.

Px does use insults too much, which you're attempting to do here, but... This doesn't have much to do with my "it seems weird" comment.  I just don't get what you're trying to do by demanding non-Americans join American political parties.  He probably should be "Other" -- depending on what he is in Greece -- but that orange is really ugly, and the vast majority of foreign posters here don't use it.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2009, 07:44:39 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies