Survey Atlasia- Stimulus Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:39:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Survey Atlasia- Stimulus Bill
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you...
Stongly Favor it

Somewhat Favor it

Neutral

Somewhat Opposed to it

Strongly Opposed to it

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Survey Atlasia- Stimulus Bill  (Read 2816 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »

Well, do you feel STIMULATED yet? Cheesy
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »

Stimulate my economy all night long.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:48:51 PM »

Too many earmarks.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2009, 10:14:17 PM by Senator Marokai Blue »

Anywho, in all seriousness, anyone who, outright, opposes any economic stimulus is an utter moron.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 10:14:48 PM »

I had opposed there, then wanted it to be "outright opposed" and much had accidentally erased "opposed" altogether instead.

Fixed Tongue
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 10:15:12 PM »

Ooooooooh, I am soooooo stimulated by this bill!  Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 10:15:44 PM »

I think he has had a little too much "Stimulus" for the night. Cheesy
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 10:15:53 PM »

Ooooooooh, I am soooooo stimulated by this bill!  Cheesy

Oh baby.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 12:10:59 AM »

With my amendments passed I am very pleased with the state of the bill and strongly support it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

I'd appreciate it if the naysayers explained themselves.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 10:32:33 PM »

They obviously don't feel the need for any "Stimulus" right now. lol Cheesy

In all seriousness I wish they would two.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 11:13:05 PM »

I did.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 11:15:49 PM »

Well, aside from you Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 02:41:30 AM »

I'll only vote in favor of the Stimulus if the nationalization of the auto industry is entirely taken out.

Otherwise, I like a good deal of its content, especially the infrastructure investments.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 09:40:03 AM »

I'll only vote in favor of the Stimulus if the nationalization of the auto industry is entirely taken out.

Otherwise, I like a good deal of its content, especially the infrastructure investments.

This echos my sentiments as well.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 09:44:14 AM »

The Dirty South will do its best to reject any stimulus money throw in its direction
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 09:49:24 AM »

The Dirty South will do its best to reject any stimulus money throw in its direction

Why would you vote against your own interests?

In that case, I'll introduce an amendment to redistribute any money rejected by a region among the participating regions.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »

In that case, I'll introduce an amendment to redistribute any money rejected by a region among the participating regions.
Its not in our best interest to accept money from the federal government and raise federal taxes on our citizens.  We will be just fine on our own in the thriving economy of the DS
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 10:04:25 AM »

Its not in our best interest to accept money from the federal government and raise federal taxes on our citizens.  We will be just fine on our own in the thriving economy of the DS

That's fine....but accepting or not accepting government funding never has an effect on your rate of taxation. Seems like you'd accept money as long as no strings are attached.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »

That's fine....but accepting or not accepting government funding never has an effect on your rate of taxation. Seems like you'd accept money as long as no strings are attached.

I hope that cooler heads in the DS will prevail and realise that this bill is desparately needed by millions of people in the DS. I would discourage them from taking action to prevent this much needed bill from reaching the people who so desparately need it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »

I hope that cooler heads in the DS will prevail and realise that this bill is desparately needed by millions of people in the DS. I would discourage them from taking action to prevent this much needed bill from reaching the people who so desparately need it.

An alternative plan we were floating was to take the money & then just send checks out to the citizens of the region.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 05:42:29 PM »

An alternative plan we were floating was to take the money & then just send checks out to the citizens of the region.

What parts of the bill would you defund to do that? I want specific examples.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 05:57:36 PM »

We didn't get that far in discussing it, though we were thinking about basically taking whatever money came through our hands for that. As SPC pointed out, the federal government has no right to force us to spend the money they give us in any particular way.

Of course, if we pass the legislature amendment & then the legislature passes a bill to do that, you & two other citizens of the region could protest it, forcing a public referendum on the issue. Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »

We didn't get that far in discussing it, though we were thinking about basically taking whatever money came through our hands for that. As SPC pointed out, the federal government has no right to force us to spend the money they give us in any particular way.

Of course, if we pass the legislature amendment & then the legislature passes a bill to do that, you & two other citizens of the region could protest it, forcing a public referendum on the issue. Cheesy

I might just do that. As I told you before, If I significantly altered the Buy Atlasian provisons and the autobailout I would be in support of the stimulus no matter how big it got. In fact I have worked to make it bigger. So whats 50 Billion for that and 100 billion for this. After all whats one trillion dollars anyway, Tongue.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »

First of all, the South is a poor and trashy region with a ton of unemployed, and has engaged in a sh**tload of economically incompetent policies, such as trying to introduce your own currency unconstitutionally.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with taxation. There are no new taxes. None. Taxes are being lowered.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies