Leipist National Front
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:14:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Leipist National Front
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: Leipist National Front  (Read 25816 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2009, 12:32:04 PM »

Welcome back!

Perhaps to avoid confusion, I should motion our second motion, being that "The LNF is an organization opposed to all forms of conservativism and facism"
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »

Here's a bylaw:

Every member of the LNF is made Co-Chairman of the party. To save space, this can and should be abbreviated to Chairman or simply Chair.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »

Meh. I somehow like how our name makes us sound like a fascist party. I don't know why.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2009, 04:34:12 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2009, 04:36:08 PM by Senator Marokai Blue »

^^

Nothing unites the major parties more than hatred of Xahar.  Its joke parties like this that would welcome him.  He's destroyed the AUB and SDP

Yes, I destroyed the AUB. I remember that fondly. But I made the SDP. Marokai killed it.

The SDP was dead or dying long before I came along. Your association with it and your own ridiculous actions made sure that the SDP was forever stigmatized. Also, our absurd rivalry with the JCP basically made sure that the left wing vote was split and that led to the RPP and DA taking over. My decision to break the SDP and have almost all of it's members join the JCP under a united left-wing banner was the best decision I ever made.

People often forget how bad of shape the left-wing was in at the time, I'm a member of the JCP because I care about my ideology and it's chances in government.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
[/quote]

You're welcome to join us!
[/quote]

Yes, please do.
[/quote]

Honestly, your party absolutely doesn't attract me since it seems not to have a real and serious political ideology. I feel very good in the JCP and I have no reason to change party.
Erlaw's comment was formidable, but that isn't a weightier argument enought to make me join.
[/quote]

No, you don't understand. The LNF is using satire to make a serious point about the Atlasian system, and about certain strange conventions that have developed recently.
[/quote]

It's the latest flavor of the week. Plenty of people here who complain about everyone else or talk about not liking other parties as jokes, and create a new party based on nachos or cake every other week. (I still love you though, Earl Wink)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »

The JCP is basically not a party. It's a reminder to vote. Not that I got anything against a reminder to vote, but I don't need one.

The SDP was something of a joke, from one point of view, because some people who were in it understand that Atlasia is just a game. The LNF will probably turn out a joke from that same point of view. There is a name for that kind of point of view - "wrong".
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2009, 04:55:07 PM by Senator Marokai Blue »

The JCP is basically not a party. It's a reminder to vote. Not that I got anything against a reminder to vote, but I don't need one.

Does it really matter? I mean, you go onto say that it's "just a game" so why are you getting upset that a party doesn't take itself too seriously with boring conventions and even more boring platforms?

It's a game, but alot of us here want to take it seriously, even yourself, Hash, and Xahar take it all too seriously. The dirty little secret is that no one here really believes it's just a game and that we shouldn't take it seriously. Everyone who says that has some sort of passion or obsession inside Atlasia. Xahar basically spent all his time in 'exile' rallying newbies in private to cause havoc (or try to accuse me of blackmailing people to ruin my reputation for some sort of "revenge") and plenty of others jumped on the opportunity to go after me.

Is that acting like it's just a game? That's taking it far more seriously than anyone else here does. Hash and Ilikeverin talk about how it's just a game, but they still argue very strongly and passionately over abolishing regions and making the game much more top-down. Why bother if it's just a silly game? Earl is one of my favorite Atlasians, but as we were trying to recruit him to the JCP, he talked about wanting conventions and platforms, what's the point, if it's just a game? Everyone here takes something seriously, some of us more than we should, but we still do. I get sick of this tired old "we just recognize it's just a game!" nonsense, everyone says that but no one here really acts on that lighthearted opinion.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2009, 05:08:13 PM »

Flavour of the week? Well, I sure hope not. I like to see the parties I support stay around.

And, the argument that the SDP and JCP were splitting the vote is kind of silly, since this electoral system is designed to avoid vote splitting. I certainly have a lot of allies in the JCP, and I don't plan on intentionally voting against any of them Except for gporter... why is he in the JCP anyways?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »

No one knows Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2009, 05:20:13 PM »

Er, it's perfectly possible to want to make a game better/more fun without losing sight of that fact that it is a game.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2009, 05:22:12 PM »

Er, it's perfectly possible to want to make a game better/more fun without losing sight of that fact that it is a game.

Contacting countless newbies from behind the scenes and manipulating one of them to try and release private information concerning our private AIM discussions to accuse me of blackmailing to ruin my reputation is what, exactly?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »

Overly complex, perhaps?

This thread is boring. Here's an old picture of a city that doesn't exist:

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 05:34:18 PM »

Is that acting like it's just a game? That's taking it far more seriously than anyone else here does. Hash and Ilikeverin talk about how it's just a game, but they still argue very strongly and passionately over abolishing regions and making the game much more top-down. Why bother if it's just a silly game?

It is a game. Just like badminton, volleyball or basketball are games. Does that mean one shouldn't take a basketball game seriously and slack off?

Don't you think it's possible to have real ideals about improvements and reforms while still knowing that it's a game? I don't see how being passionate about an ideal and realizing that it's also a game are diametrically opposed concepts.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 06:03:45 PM »

Hardly. The JCP recruits candidates to run for office and supports them with its resources to get them elected. We're far more of a party than a "Free Nachos" party.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 06:05:05 PM »

Hardly. The JCP recruits candidates to run for office and supports them with its resources to get them elected. We're far more of a party than a "Free Nachos" party.

>: NO FREE NACHOS FOR YOU
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »

Creating a party is an important act. You can not rally five users and say them "let's create a party !" without having a real political ideology and project. Also, what is that ? A Perot-type anti-establishment protest movement ? It will not last, because the anti-establishment feeling is not an ideology. You can temporarily get some support, but a real party needs two basic things : A solid political reflexion to create a politic platform, and a real grassroots support that would prevent you to be a five-people-movement. You have none of this two things, so you will never be a political force in Atlasia.

Is that acting like it's just a game? That's taking it far more seriously than anyone else here does. Hash and Ilikeverin talk about how it's just a game, but they still argue very strongly and passionately over abolishing regions and making the game much more top-down. Why bother if it's just a silly game?

It is a game. Just like badminton, volleyball or basketball are games. Does that mean one shouldn't take a basketball game seriously and slack off?

Don't you think it's possible to have real ideals about improvements and reforms while still knowing that it's a game? I don't see how being passionate about an ideal and realizing that it's also a game are diametrically opposed concepts.

100% agreed.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2009, 06:31:32 PM »

It is reform.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2009, 06:43:56 PM »

Creating a party is an important act. You can not rally five users and say them "let's create a party !" without having a real political ideology and project. Also, what is that ? A Perot-type anti-establishment protest movement ? It will not last, because the anti-establishment feeling is not an ideology. You can temporarily get some support, but a real party needs two basic things : A solid political reflexion to create a politic platform, and a real grassroots support that would prevent you to be a five-people-movement. You have none of this two things, so you will never be a political force in Atlasia.

100% agreed.

We have six members, sir. And I'll have you know, we have already proposed a number of planks.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2009, 07:01:07 PM »

Yes, this is just a game.  Its a game that has become a very important part of many of our lives, but I think we all understand that none of this really matters.  To anyone that doesn't get that, I pity you.
The LNF is a joke party.  Joke parties are part of the game, and do add to the game just by being amusing.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2009, 07:39:54 PM »

Yes, this is just a game.  Its a game that has become a very important part of many of our lives, but I think we all understand that none of this really matters.  To anyone that doesn't get that, I pity you.
The LNF is a joke party.  Joke parties are part of the game, and do add to the game just by being amusing.

Senator, we are not a joke party. I hope you will re-consider this opinion before the upcoming election.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2009, 08:20:02 PM »

Senator, we are not a joke party. I hope you will re-consider this opinion before the upcoming election.

You must be bucking for Impeachment there fella. Smiley Your performance in August will definately be "under observance" by the Senate. 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »

Does it really matter? I mean, you go onto say that it's "just a game" so why are you getting upset that a party doesn't take itself too seriously with boring conventions and even more boring platforms?
I'm not upset at it. You got me wrong. I have nothing against the JCP's existence, though it's sad if the Idiots Promotion Party is the only "serious" party around. It's just that I enjoy conventions and platforms - as long as they're not long or boring. Very thin line to tread there. Sad
Creating a party is an important act. You can not rally five users and say them "let's create a party !" without having a real political ideology and project.
Yes We Can!
When I look at what kind of characters are one right now (no, I'm not talking of the JCP), I praise Dave for not being one anymore.

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2009, 09:23:14 AM »

You must be bucking for Impeachment there fella. Smiley Your performance in August will definately be "under observance" by the Senate. 

No funny SoFA business, I ensure you. Just funny Earl business.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2009, 05:40:29 AM »

Bump.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2009, 04:05:11 PM »

I thought this party was a bunch of clowns, but then you reassured that belief but adding the two worst Atlasians of all-time.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2009, 04:35:02 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2009, 04:53:53 PM by Xahar »

Ah, I didn't think you'd join. Welcome to the party!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies