Update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:24:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Author Topic: Update  (Read 57080 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 04:34:33 PM »

I'll be the jerk who says what everybody's thinking but is too polite to say. If she needs this much space, you may want to reconsider the whole marriage thing. You just met her. What's the rush? There will be a lot less pressure on everybody if you just take a more casual approach. This doesn't mean you can't get married later if this does work out. You really need to know a person longer than a few weeks to plan to wed.

Watch it.  The usual suspects will shout you down in 5...4...3...2...1... 

This stopped being funny after the first time you posted it.

I respect memphis for actually being respectful about it and not going on with the type of "advice" that you give.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 04:44:57 PM »

Good luck, BushOK.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »

I'll be the jerk who says what everybody's thinking but is too polite to say. If she needs this much space, you may want to reconsider the whole marriage thing. You just met her. What's the rush? There will be a lot less pressure on everybody if you just take a more casual approach. This doesn't mean you can't get married later if this does work out. You really need to know a person longer than a few weeks to plan to wed.

I respect memphis for actually being respectful about it and not going on with the type of "advice" that you give.

So basically I'm not entitled to my opinion?  Or any opinion I have, even non-perverted, is not "respectful"?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 04:56:09 PM »

Okie, this doesn't sound too good. I wouldn't get too attached to the whole marriage idea right now. As always, I wish you the best.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 04:59:08 PM »

So basically I'm not entitled to my opinion?  Or any opinion I have, even non-perverted, is not "respectful"?

Roll Eyes

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, Flyers, just as I'm entitled to state my disagreement. It's just that your opinions and advice are too focused on...well...yourself. It's always, "You need to be more like me. Here's what I did. Want to hear my story?" Nobody cares.

This right here is a perfect example. This isn't about you. You've beaten this to death and want it to be about you by doing the "5...4...3..." nonsense.

You've given your "advice." Now let it go.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 05:29:34 PM »

As I stated this morning, I firmly believe that we are 8 months, 29 days from being husband and wife. 

Maybe not.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 08:36:03 PM »

I did get verbal confirmation this afternoon.  I called her today about 3:15 or so and asked her where her heart was in this relationship.  Her response was that her heart is still in this relationship, her heart is still with me, but that if I don't give her her space, it could end.  She said she will call me, but didn't give me a day or a time when she will, so its up to me to have my phone handy, charged up, and ready for her call, whether that's Monday, Tuesday, Friday, or someother day.  She's just been extremely stressed the past month and is very, very tired, so I can understand where she's coming from.

I'm not going to give her forever, though, to call me as I have a life to live myself.  If she hasn't called me by August 1 then I'll probably call her and arrange a time to get my ring back.  August 1, though, is still 19 days away, so I'm not too worried that it will come to that.

For now, though, based on the verbal confirmation I received this afternoon, I am 8 months 28 days from marriage.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2009, 09:20:16 PM »

Based on what I've heard, I'd get that ring asap.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »

I think you are being a bit clingy. Give her a few weeks and see what happens. If she is still avoiding you then follow Eraserhead's advice.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »

Do not wait 19 days for some bitch to call you back to talk about something this important. Trust me, I've been burnt here before. She's trying to buy time for you to lose interest or for her to get the guts to end it. Some bitch pulled the same move on me when I went to college last year. I was a fool, bought it for a month, and wasted six weeks of college still thinking I was in a relationship that had obviously already ended. You're better off giving her a week tops and calling her and giving her the opportunity to talk to you. If she says she can't talk, end it. If you're "meant to be", she'll be in touch. You really have to know when to move on. You've been in this relationship for a month and  a half; don't waste more time in it if it's not working.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »

Do not wait 19 days for some bitch to call you back to talk about something this important. Trust me, I've been burnt here before. She's trying to buy time for you to lose interest or for her to get the guts to end it. Some bitch pulled the same move on me when I went to college last year. I was a fool, bought it for a month, and wasted six weeks of college still thinking I was in a relationship that had obviously already ended. You're better off giving her a week tops and calling her and giving her the opportunity to talk to you. If she says she can't talk, end it. If you're "meant to be", she'll be in touch. You really have to know when to move on. You've been in this relationship for a month and  a half; don't waste more time in it if it's not working.

I didn't have the heart to say it this directly, but Jake's right. It's almost certainly over. Better luck next time, and lay off the marriage talk so soon. A girl might be flatterred by it at first, but it inevitably leads to suffocation.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 12:21:25 AM »

I didn't have the heart to say it this directly, but Jake's right. It's almost certainly over. Better luck next time, and lay off the marriage talk so soon. A girl might be flatterred by it at first, but it inevitably leads to suffocation.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 08:56:39 AM »

ask for the ring back now.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 09:03:01 AM »

If somebody keeps delaying talking to you about serious things for weeks, it definitely means something.

Just as said person talking to you less and less over some time and/or becoming less friendly means something. I know about it now, though I didn't know about it when it happened to me.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »

wait.  i dont get it.  you havent seen her for basically two weeks, yet she still wants more 'space'.

she may be seeing someone else.

regardless, cut your losses.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »

If she hasn't called me by August 1 then I'll probably call her and arrange a time to get my ring back.  August 1, though, is still 19 days away, so I'm not too worried that it will come to that.

For now, though, based on the verbal confirmation I received this afternoon, I am 8 months 28 days from marriage.

SIGH
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 07:50:39 PM »

Do we get an update today?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 07:53:57 PM »

Well he's not going to call her till August, and I have a feeling she won't be calling him anytime before that, so I suspect there's nothing to be updated about.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2009, 08:13:40 PM »

Well he's not going to call her till August, and I have a feeling she won't be calling him anytime before that, so I suspect there's nothing to be updated about.

I was really hoping he'd take my advice. Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »

I was really hoping he'd take my advice. Sad

That ring is gone for good, E.......
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 08:34:14 PM »

No, no real news today, still waiting.  To be honest, I'm comfortable either way it goes.  If the relationship stays intact, which I still hope, I'll be just fine.  If the relationship ends, then I will still be comfortable and will work on my weight loss program, so that when the right one finally does come along, I'll be a slimmer version of my current self and thus hopefully more attractive.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »

No, no real news today, still waiting.  To be honest, I'm comfortable either way it goes.  If the relationship stays intact, which I still hope, I'll be just fine.  If the relationship ends, then I will still be comfortable and will work on my weight loss program, so that when the right one finally does come along, I'll be a slimmer version of my current self and thus hopefully more attractive.

And please don't start the marriage talk so soon with the new one. Just see how it goes for at least a few months and then propose. Even if you think she is the one you need to give the relationship some time.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »

The fact that you are comfortable either way--together or not--IMO is enough of a reason to call off a wedding.

I don't think I've ever heard of a successful marriage where the couple would've been fine if something went wrong and things didn't work out.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »

"Space" is usually a code word for " off." Or maybe that's just been my experience.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 06:09:29 AM »

I had another very interesting dream this morning right before I woke up.  The dream was we were still talking to each other and starting to go places and do things together again, to put it in a nutshell.  This is the 4th in a series of related dreams that I've had all month of July so far.  The first one was the wedding itself was still happening.  The second one was the reception.  The third one she was giving birth to our baby.  The fourth one, we were starting to talk again about what's been bothering us and going places and doing things as a couple, again.  We were basically back to where we were in June.  As long as these dreams keep happening, I still have unwavering faith in this:  8 months 26 days.  Say nay all you want, but I'm still very confident that things will work out and that it won't take too long.  I have faith that we are nearing the end of this phase.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies