The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:04:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 40182 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2010, 03:07:36 PM »

Thats been tried before, and he can't do it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2010, 09:06:40 PM »

I hereby appoint Xahar to the position of SoIA. God speed.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »

Excellent choice, Mr. President.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2010, 11:06:54 PM »

I hereby appoint Xahar to the position of SoIA. God speed.

This must be what Xahar is PMing me about. Well, I see no reason why I can't wait till tomorrow to open the thread. It is late, past my working hours and the thought of making Xahar wait just give me such great vibes that I see little reason to open up shop after hours. lol.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2010, 08:59:46 AM »

President have no right to give commutation nor clemency? Seriously?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2010, 03:41:13 PM »

That court has said such, yes.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2010, 04:34:49 PM »

Unless the Senate wants to amend the constitution...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »

What is the purpouse of having President who can't do anything beside singing or vetoing the bills?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2010, 04:44:22 PM »

What is the purpouse of having President who can't do anything beside singing or vetoing the bills?

That's called the executive branch of government.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »

The President in Atlasia has a bully pulpit. He can choose only to sign/veto laws, appoint officers, etc., but he can also support certain things, call for others.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2010, 11:32:55 PM »

Press Conference

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming. Early this week, intelligent satellites picked up Chinese troop movement in and around the coast of Fujian Province and the Taiwan Strait, posing a direct threat to the Taiwanese people. We have reason to believe that the Chinese are preparing to invade and occupy the Wuqiu Island Group, currently administered by the Republic of China. This is a show of naked aggression and I will not let it stand.

My administration has no desire to take sides in the diplomatic conflict between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China. We recognize the current de facto status quo: both China and Taiwan are ruled by sovereign and independent governments, and both are important allies and economic partners of Atlasia. Nonetheless, we must strongly object to Chinese shows of unprovoked militarism. It runs against everything the international community believes in and is conduct reminiscent of the old world order of imperialism and militarism.

Therefore, I have ordered the Atlasian Navy's Seventh Fleet to mobilize and move in the direction of the Strait of Taiwan as soon as possible. A small task force of five ships (out of a total of 18 Seventh Fleet ships currently stationed in Japan and Guam), as well as the accompanying military personnel, will be ordered to the region. I advise the Chinese government not to see this as an escalation or offensive; instead, we hope merely to show the Chinese that unprovoked aggression against innocent peoples will not go unpunished. We urge the Chinese government to stand down and not unnecessarily plunge the people of Wuqiu into conflict. We see the Chinese people and the Chinese government as allies and friends, and conflict is not in the interests of the Atlasian, Chinese or Taiwanese people.  

Thank you, and Dave Bless Atlasia.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #336 on: January 31, 2010, 08:12:46 AM »

In a worst-case scenario, is the Atlasian military prepared for a war with China?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2010, 02:25:04 PM by Barnes »

February 13, 2010

To the President:

Sir, I hereby present you with my resignation from the High Authority for Ethics in Voting. 

I have throughly enjoyed my time on the HAEV and I must thank you again for your appointment.  However, I believe the time has come for me to move on to other callings.

Furthermore, I would like to make the suggestion of former Chief Justice Bullmoose to be my replacement.

Yours,
Barnes
--Barnes
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #338 on: February 13, 2010, 02:19:46 PM »

Furthermore, I would like to make the suggestion of former Chief Justice Bullmoose to be my replacement.

Yours,
Barnes
--Barnes

Excellent, Barnes.  Really noble of you.  Hopefully the President will take your advice.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #339 on: February 13, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »

Yours,
Barnes
--Barnes

Excellent, Barnes.  Really noble of you.  Hopefully the President will take your advice.

Although Bullmosse would undoubtedly make an excellant member of the HAEV (for whatever that commission may be worth), I'm truly sorry to see you go, Barnes.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: February 13, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »

And so HAEV claims it's first victim without even actually doing anything yet.

Agents of Chaos: 1
Game Reformers: 0
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #341 on: February 13, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »

Agents of Chaos: 1 Opposition to One Party State: 1

Fixed.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: February 13, 2010, 04:29:02 PM »

HAEV hasn't done anything yet.

You're a complete ignoramus if you believe that an organization that has yet to use it's power in any way is trying to craft a "one-party state." You and your ilk are the only ones making it overtly political.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #343 on: February 13, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »

You're a complete ignoramus if you believe that an organization that has yet to use it's power in any way is trying to craft a "one-party state." You and your ilk are the only ones making it overtly political.

We oppose the JCP/DA unholy alliance monopolising the game. The HAEV has been hijacked by the likes of Antonio to try and destroy the POP.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: February 13, 2010, 04:36:44 PM »

We oppose the JCP/DA unholy alliance monopolising the game. The HAEV has been hijacked by the likes of Antonio to try and destroy the POP.

"We oppose"? What are you people, the Borg?

As I said, HAEV hasn't exercised any of it's power yet whatsoever. Complaining about it's effects when there has been no action taken is nonsense. Also, Antonio is not part of HAEV, and you're guilty of equally partisan nominations. The way you've apparently gotten a free pass in that regard is absurd.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #345 on: February 13, 2010, 04:42:26 PM »

"We oppose"? What are you people, the Borg?

As I said, HAEV hasn't exercised any of it's power yet whatsoever. Complaining about it's effects when there has been no action taken is nonsense. Also, Antonio is not part of HAEV, and you're guilty of equally partisan nominations. The way you've apparently gotten a free pass in that regard is absurd.

I made a list of JCP/DA zombies in reaction to Antonio's partisan nominations. If he's going to play dirty, then so will I.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #346 on: February 13, 2010, 04:54:34 PM »

Well, at least you're honest that your sole goal for the HAEV is to use it to defeat the JCP in elections. Kudos for your forthrightness.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #347 on: February 13, 2010, 05:05:54 PM »

Well, at least you're honest that your sole goal for the HAEV is to use it to defeat the JCP in elections. Kudos for your forthrightness.

I'm only using it in self-defence. It was Antonio who decided to use it as a method to destroy our party.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »

I'm only using it in self-defence. It was Antonio who decided to use it as a method to destroy our party.

True, people fighting what they consider to be an "unholy alliance" usually only strike in self-defense.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2010, 11:45:07 PM »

Agents of Chaos: 1

Eh, I think getting GM reform, voter reform, SoEA reform, regional reform, the beginnings of zombie reform, etc. was pretty good over the half of a year or so.

Let's not lose sight of things. There will always be a loud and forceful opposition to progress and reform, but in the scheme of things they don't win. Keep your eyes on the war, not the battle, Marokai.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies