The Governor's Plantation: Governor Daniel Adams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 01:31:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Governor's Plantation: Governor Daniel Adams
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: The Governor's Plantation: Governor Daniel Adams  (Read 16368 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 09:22:50 AM »

Well we have discussion and debate taking place which is a good thing.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »

I am not running for governor unless Daniel Adams decides not to seek re-election.

My mistake. Still, that's only three possible candidates for a regional assembly, none of which are new members.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You mean like the office of Lieutenant Governor, which has historically been the first step of involvement for many Southeasterners, including BrandonH, Josh/devilman, AHDuke, myself, and many others. My point is, if we don't even have any new voters wanting to run for this position, we are NOT going to have this imagined stream of new participants rushing to participate in the legislature.

Possibly so, but as stated several times by Fmr. Gov. Duke and myself, the situation in the Mideast and Southeast are entirely different. Note again my above statement- if we don't even have people running for Lieutenant Governor we're not going to have enough people running for the Assembly to make it effective.

Please don't put words in my mouth. Understand that I don't really care whether the region is 85% RPP or 90% RPP Tongue

Assuming an Assembly amendment is actually passed, you'll have to do this anyway; I doubt you'll even get three candidates from the RPP to run.

Honestly, how can the position "not be held"? Frankly, I don't hold the position and with very good reason.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2009, 10:52:33 AM »

Wow, I didn't expect to see so much debate during my absence. I'm back and ready to take up my duties as governor once again. I thank Lt. Gov. SPC for performing ably as acting governor, the legislatures bill kerfuffle notwithstanding.

Regarding that bill, I do not think there's any need to introduce it as an emergency initiative. It can wait till August.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2009, 01:14:17 PM by Bacon King »

There's an election this weekend, correct?

edit- yep, it's the third weekend. Governor and initiative elections should be starting on friday.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »

There's an election this weekend, correct?

edit- yep, it's the third weekend. Governor and initiative elections should be starting on friday.

Ah, wait a minute never mind. Forgot about this guy:

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Election_Schedule_Constitutional_Amendment

Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2009, 12:05:13 PM »

Fellow Southeasterners,

The regional election and initiative election voting booths are now open. Please be sure to vote.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2009, 12:33:02 PM »

I appreciate the timely elections, Guvnah!

By the way, please take note of this:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=101240.0
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »

A Statement

The Governor's Plantation strongly condemns President Lief's gratuitous attacks on certain Southeastern citizens and the Southeastern leadership. We hope the President will henceforth act in accordance with the dignity of his office and avoid all such wanton insults against our region.  
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2009, 06:13:17 PM »

A Statement

The Governor's Plantation strongly condemns President Lief's gratuitous attacks on certain Southeastern citizens and the Southeastern leadership. We hope the President will henceforth act in accordance with the dignity of his office and avoid all such wanton insults on our region.  

No attacks were made against your region.

Attacks were made on your party, which is theoretically separate.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2009, 06:18:06 PM »

A Statement

The Governor's Plantation strongly condemns President Lief's gratuitous attacks on certain Southeastern citizens and the Southeastern leadership. We hope the President will henceforth act in accordance with the dignity of his office and avoid all such wanton insults on our region.  

Theoretically.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2009, 06:19:41 PM »

A Statement

Many RPP leaders participate in the Southeastern government, including myself. Therefore, he implicitly accused the very leadership of the Dirty South of "disrespect for the law and the constitution", insulting our entire region. Lief himself admitted his baseless remarks concerned the "Southeast region's leadership", even if incidentally.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »

No attacks were made against your region. Attacks were made on your party, which is theoretically separate,

Is there any difference between the two Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »

No attacks were made against your region. Attacks were made on your party, which is theoretically separate,

Is there any difference between the two Tongue

Precisely!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »

A Statement

The Governor's Plantation strongly condemns President Lief's gratuitous attacks on certain Southeastern citizens and the Southeastern leadership. We hope the President will henceforth act in accordance with the dignity of his office and avoid all such wanton insults against our region.  

I don't think demanding an apology in this manner is entirely appropriate. As Xahar stated, it was statements against the RPP organization and not the Southeastern region in any way. And indeed, his comments (while not entirely appropriate, perhaps) are no less severe than what some RPP office-holders have said about the president's own party. While I respect you governor, this isn't much more than manufactured controversy.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2009, 06:28:12 PM »

A Statement

I don't think demanding an apology in this manner is entirely appropriate. As Xahar stated, it was statements against the RPP organization and not the Southeastern region in any way. And indeed, his comments (while not entirely appropriate, perhaps) are no less severe than what some RPP office-holders have said about the president's own party. While I respect you governor, this isn't much more than manufactured controversy.
He indirectly accused the Southeastern leadership of disrespecting the law, and that was uncalled for. I understand an apology is unlikely to be forthcoming, but I could not allow the President's conduct to pass by unremarked. Whatever RPP office-holders may have said, the President ought to adhere to a higher standard, especially when referring to exclusively regional affairs.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2009, 06:36:43 PM »

A Statement

He indirectly accused the Southeastern leadership of disrespecting the law, and that was uncalled for. I understand an apology is unlikely to be forthcoming, but I could not allow the President's conduct to pass by unremarked. Whatever RPP office-holders may have said, the President ought to adhere to a higher standard, especially when referring to exclusively regional affairs.

He made no accusations of anything; he pointed out that members of the RPP leadership ignored/didn't know the law, which while maybe inflammatory is entirely true in the context- SPC and DWTL, both founders of the RPP, made numerous violations of the Southeastern Constitution in the voting booths out of admitted ignorance of the provisions. In such a context how is President Lief's statement inappropriate?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »

A Statement

He made no accusations of anything; he pointed out that members of the RPP leadership ignored/didn't know the law, which while maybe inflammatory is entirely true in the context- SPC and DWTL, both founders of the RPP, made numerous violations of the Southeastern Constitution in the voting booths out of admitted ignorance of the provisions. In such a context how is President Lief's statement inappropriate?

We did not do so in a leadership position, but as Dirty Southern citizens.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2009, 06:44:20 PM »

A Statement

President Lief did not say that "RPP leaders" are ignorant of the law, but that they "disrespect" it. Surely you'll agree that flouting the law is a substantially different and a much more serious allegation than being ignorant of it. Furthermore, Lief failed to specify what disrespect he was referring to. I certainly took it to imply that he was criticizing the idea of an emergency initiative (SPC apparently understood that as well). Given Lief's later comment that the RPP leadership and Southeastern leadership are incidentally the same, and given that neither DWTL nor SPC are part of the Southeastern leadership, I can only conclude Lief's remarks were intended for me as well.

It seems that we will have to agree to disagree, but I simply cannot allow the President to issue such baseless attacks on citizens of our region.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »

A Statement

We did not do so in a leadership position, but as Dirty Southern citizens.

But his statement only used the incident to cast judgement on your ability to run the party organization, not your life as a private citizen in any way.

A Statement

President Lief did not say that "RPP leaders" are ignorant of the law, but that they "disrespect" it. Surely you'll agree that flouting the law is a substantially different and a much more serious allegation than being ignorant of it. Furthermore, Lief failed to specify what disrespect he was referring to. I certainly took it to imply that he was criticizing the idea of an emergency initiative (SPC apparently understood that as well). Given Lief's later comment that the RPP leadership and Southeastern leadership are incidentally the same, and given that neither DWTL nor SPC are part of the Southeastern leadership, I can only conclude Lief's remarks were intended for me as well.

It seems that we will have to agree to disagree, but I simply cannot allow the President to issue such baseless attacks on citizens of our region.

DWTL openly acknowledged that he didn't read the Constitution and even mildly insulted those that did. He violated the law because he didn't care enough to know it or even read the requirements in the thread, how is that not disrespect?

Lief was certainly exaggerating to a degree. You can't deny there is certainly a bit of a revolving door between those that organize the RPP and those that run the Southeast and I don't think there was any insult against you.

Again, I just don't think this is really an appropriate controversy to be making.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2009, 07:10:11 PM »

If the RPP machine controlled the Dirty South completely, I would just strong arm anything I wanted to and appoint either myself or the current governor dictator for life, we know neither of these are trues.  The Dirty South is not the Pacific, we welcome debate and outsiders
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2009, 07:11:26 PM »

You are dictators for life.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2009, 07:12:55 PM »

I suppose that's why both I as acting governor and Daniel Adams as governor decided against holding an emergency vote on the Regional assembly despite DWTL's support for it?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2009, 07:13:11 PM »

Irrelevant.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2009, 07:13:31 PM »

Yes, you are.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2009, 07:14:46 PM »

For that matter, one could say that the rejection of the Regional assembly in of itself shows our open-mindedness to alternative viewpoints.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies