Are anti-Zionist Christians in Israel/Palestine not real Christians?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:18:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are anti-Zionist Christians in Israel/Palestine not real Christians?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are anti-Zionist Christians in Israel/Palestine not real Christians?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Are anti-Zionist Christians in Israel/Palestine not real Christians?  (Read 4530 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:34 AM »

I'm wondering what jmfcst thinks, considering the Christian population in the area is hardly supportive of radical Zionists, though this is hardly a surprise considering most of them (like Avigdor Lieberman) would support ethnicly cleansing them.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:42:18 AM »

(like Avigdor Lieberman) would support ethnicly cleansing them.

Wrong, don't be a dumbass.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »

I'm wondering what jmfcst thinks, considering the Christian population in the area is hardly supportive of radical Zionists, though this is hardly a surprise considering most of them (like Avigdor Lieberman) would support ethnicly cleansing them.

understanding Israel's role in the endtimes is not a salvational matter
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 12:15:40 PM »

Uh, no. Lieberman has called for ridding Israel of all non-Jews.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

And then having them live in a new State.  Don't use misleading words, dumbass.  Ethnic cleansing is not what he has proposed.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 05:48:40 PM »

If they believe in and follow the tenets of Christianity, I find it difficult to argue that they aren't.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 07:38:14 PM »

If they believe in and follow the tenets of Christianity, I find it difficult to argue that they aren't.

This.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 11:26:52 PM »

And then having them live in a new State.  Don't use misleading words, dumbass.  Ethnic cleansing is not what he has proposed.

Uh, that's what ethnic cleansing is. It's like when Turkey forced all its Greeks into Greece.

The issue is that people like jmfcst believe opposing Israel ever goes against the tenants of Christianity.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 01:19:49 AM »

The issue is that people like jmfcst believe opposing Israel ever goes against the tenants of Christianity.

dude, learn to read:

understanding Israel's role in the endtimes is not a salvational matter

...and I have never stated that Israel should never be oppossed.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 09:34:42 AM »

I have a colleague, whose father was a pastor of a major (mostly Arab) Baptist church in Beirut. He, apparently, was very much integrated into the evangelical circles in North America: but when it came to the Arab-Israeli matters it was quite another matter Smiley
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »

I've always seen support (or lack thereof) of Israel as a matter of politics rather than faith.  As far as I know, there isn't any passage in the New Testament about it either way, but I haven't read the Bible in roughly seven years, so my memory is a little hazy.  Provided there isn't such a passage for them to deviate from, Anti-Zionist Christians are just as much "real Christians" as their Zionist brethren.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »

I've always seen support (or lack thereof) of Israel as a matter of politics rather than faith.  As far as I know, there isn't any passage in the New Testament about it either way, but I haven't read the Bible in roughly seven years, so my memory is a little hazy.  Provided there isn't such a passage for them to deviate from, Anti-Zionist Christians are just as much "real Christians" as their Zionist brethren.

I don't disagree at all. Just saying plenty of others do.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 02:15:20 AM »

Jesus stood up to the Pharasies which was the AIPAC/ADL of its day. Jesus was not a Zionist. Zionist Christians are not following the teachings of Christ.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 09:52:40 AM »
« Edited: June 29, 2009, 10:04:13 AM by jmfcst »

Jesus was not a Zionist. Zionist Christians are not following the teachings of Christ.

The King of the Jews is NOT a Zionist?!  Pray tell how you came to such a conclusion!

Matthew 2:20 "Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child's life are dead."  So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel.

If there is not a homeland for Israel, then why do the Gospels refer to it as their land?

Acts 1:6-7 They asked Jesus, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" Jesus said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

Jesus and his disciples clearly understood the Messiah would restore Israel's kingdom.

Acts 7:5 "God promised Abraham that he and his descendants after him would possess the land."

Acts 13:19 "God overthrew seven nations in Canaan and gave their land to his people as their inheritance."

Case closed.

Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 10:33:42 AM »

Anti-Zionist christians killed JFK.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »

Jesus was not a Zionist. Zionist Christians are not following the teachings of Christ.

The King of the Jews is NOT a Zionist?!  Pray tell how you came to such a conclusion!

Matthew 2:20 "Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child's life are dead."  So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel.

If there is not a homeland for Israel, then why do the Gospels refer to it as their land?

Acts 1:6-7 They asked Jesus, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" Jesus said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

Jesus and his disciples clearly understood the Messiah would restore Israel's kingdom.

Acts 7:5 "God promised Abraham that he and his descendants after him would possess the land."

Acts 13:19 "God overthrew seven nations in Canaan and gave their land to his people as their inheritance."

Case closed.

So what is the Christian thing to do if you live in the area? Let the IDF kick you around no matter what?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »

Case closed.

So what is the Christian thing to do if you live in the area? Let the IDF kick you around no matter what?

Give to the Jews what belongs to the Jews; and be thankful to God for what he has given you, even eternal life.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 11:49:55 PM »

Gaza Made Simple For Christians By Ted Pike 2009

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoFODk_Mdo8
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: