PA Senator allowing gay people to exist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:10:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  PA Senator allowing gay people to exist
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: PA Senator allowing gay people to exist  (Read 5061 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2009, 05:38:27 PM »

And I do think he is an "abhorrent" human being for the things he said. What is there that I need to know about him huh? He might be a good guy in many ways but these views he has imho makes him a bad person. I am sure many racists are good people in other ways too, except for a few extremely disgusting views. In my opinion that makes them horrible human beings and I feel the same way about homophobes like Eich, even if he is otherwise a great guy.

Again, I don't think his positions are homophobic but whatever. I'll be sure to find a fault of yours and call you abhorrent even though I know very little about you.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And you know nothing else about him so calling him an all around horrible person is disgusting.

A leading question by Leach made that a bit difficult. Eich certainly has to do better articulating his position. This is a perfect example why. Leach is known to be a very colorful debater and he perfectly painted Eich into a corner.

That shouldn't exactly be a tough question to answer...  Though people with his hateful views are often pretty stupid.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »

Though people with his hateful views are often pretty stupid.

Ah, yes! Another favorite - calling people we disagree with "stupid." Lovely.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »

And I do think he is an "abhorrent" human being for the things he said. What is there that I need to know about him huh? He might be a good guy in many ways but these views he has imho makes him a bad person. I am sure many racists are good people in other ways too, except for a few extremely disgusting views. In my opinion that makes them horrible human beings and I feel the same way about homophobes like Eich, even if he is otherwise a great guy.

Again, I don't think his positions are homophobic but whatever. I'll be sure to find a fault of yours and call you abhorrent even though I know very little about you.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And you know nothing else about him so calling him an all around horrible person is disgusting.

I think his comments show that he is at least extremely ignorant of gay people if not hateful. Like I said he may be an overall nice person but these disgusting views he holds certainly outweigh anything else imo. You disagree with me on that and that's fine. Just don't call us a hack (like you called smash) if we call him a bigot. I don't care if he is a democrat, republican or green; his views are disgusting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2009, 05:58:45 PM »

I think his comments show that he is at least extremely ignorant of gay people if not hateful. Like I said he may be an overall nice person but these disgusting views he holds certainly outweigh anything else imo. You disagree with me on that and that's fine. Just don't call us a hack (like you called smash) if we call him a bigot. I don't care if he is a democrat, republican or green; his views are disgusting.

But you know one view of his and I don't see why it should outweight any and everything else but whatever.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2009, 06:25:17 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2009, 06:27:49 PM by Holmes »

... so if I have an intense hate for Italians, but all my other qualities were perfect, and if I say "Ummm" before badmouthing Italians, it's justified?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »

Did I say people I disagree with were stupid?  No.  What I said is most people with hateful views are stupid.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »

... so if I have an intense hate for Italians, but all my other qualities were perfect, and if I say "Ummm" before badmouthing Italians, it's justified?

Dude, I think I've been over this before. Go ahead and hate Italians like I hate the French. I really don't care. If you have "perfect" other qualities, I'm not going to call you a bad person! Hell, you wouldn't even be a bad person to me personally if you treated me kindly on a one on one level (as I would do with a Frenchman, for example).

Did I say people I disagree with were stupid?  No.  What I said is most people with hateful views are stupid.

And even if he was more "mild" in his approach, you'd still call him stupid and hateful.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2009, 07:01:46 PM »

Dude, I think I've been over this before. Go ahead and hate Italians like I hate the French. I really don't care. If you have "perfect" other qualities, I'm not going to call you a bad person! Hell, you wouldn't even be a bad person to me personally if you treated me kindly on a one on one level (as I would do with a Frenchman, for example).

And even if he was more "mild" in his approach, you'd still call him stupid and hateful.

Phil, I don't think all people who oppose Gay Marriage or hateful.  However, I do think that the people who use the rhetoric he did are hateful.  That type rhetoric doesn't come from simply disagreeing with Gay marriage, it comes from hate.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2009, 01:28:19 AM »

Wait, what? I don't think paedophilia should be legal.

What's so wrong with it? I don't think people should be fucking 4 year olds, but surely a 13 year old is grown enough to give legal consent. Just saying.
I disagree, I don't think it's old enough for the child to give informed consent. I think 16 is a more appropriate age of consent, as most individuals are (pretty much) done with puberty by that age, as well as being far more worldly and less prone to manipulation than at the start of their teens. In theory anyway Smiley

There are a few states that have already set the age of consent as low as 14 Smiley

Yes, and many countries in Europe and Asia it is that way as well. I think in America most states are at least 16 now. South Carolina and Hawaii used to be 14 but they moved it up to 16.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2009, 07:44:51 PM »

Now the bigot refuses to even apologize.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9mk8qo-_Tk
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2009, 11:08:37 PM »

He's not a bigot just conservative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies