Favorite Journalsits/ Newscasters / Talk show hosts?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 02:03:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite Journalsits/ Newscasters / Talk show hosts?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Favorite Journalsits/ Newscasters / Talk show hosts?  (Read 4946 times)
Coburn In 2012

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 07:20:15 PM »

Fox news is the only even remotely dependeble source on TV and even it some times tries too hard to appease the left in the name of fair and balanced.  What we need for tv is something like on Christian radio.  It is called Family News in Focus.  Very good very fair and solid but they mainly only cover news of social conservatives forgetting military and fiscal ones.

I like World net Daily Insight magazine, and NewsMax .

pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »

Fox news is the only even remotely dependeble source on TV and even it some times tries too hard to appease the left in the name of fair and balanced.  What we need for tv is something like on Christian radio.  It is called Family News in Focus.  Very good very fair and solid but they mainly only cover news of social conservatives forgetting military and fiscal ones.

No. We need a balanced News station. FOX Is balanced with a small edge to the right. That is as good as we can get though

CNN is moderatey biased.

MSNBC doesn't even hide it anymore.

and for CBS. Dan Rather. That is all.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 12:15:21 AM »

I know I should hate the guy, but I can't.  I just enjoy listening to him.

Ben you don't have to agree with is policies to enjoy hearing him, that's right.  Kinda like Harold Ford, Jr.  I rarely agree with him but I'm glad when he's on Morning Joe cause I appreciate how he articulates his vew.

Yeah, I like Ford, too.  He's quick on his feet, gives intelligent answers, and rarely gives in to talking points, unlike most politicians.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »

I just noticed that Tucker Carlson is now a Fox News contributor.  Took him long enough!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 12:37:10 PM »

No. We need a balanced News station. FOX Is balanced with a small edge to the right. That is as good as we can get though

CNN is moderatey biased.

Don't be a retard.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »

CNN is moderatey biased.

Don't be a retard.

Come on, you're asking way too much.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »

CNN is moderatey biased.

Don't be a retard.

Come on, you're asking way too much.

You're right.

Sorry, JewCon.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 04:09:55 PM »

FOX News

I have yet to encounter one, including Alan Colmes, who is not a complete idiot and an embarassment to the fourth estate. 

CNN

Cooper is tolerable
Marty Savage is a good stand-up reporter but he doesn't have a "show".
Candy Crowley asks some good questions.

I find Wolf Blitzer to be painfully boring.

MSNBC

Favorites?  Well...Olberman is a guilty pleasure but he's no journalist.  And if I hadn't endured 15 years of Rush Limbaugh and other right wing bloviation, almost entirely unchecked, I would find him utterly unacceptable.  At present, I just sigh...roll my eyes and say, "Well, it's our turn."

Ed Schulz has the potential to be something special.  He's good.  But I'm not holding my breath. Fame ruins people, usually.

Matthews would be good if he ever shut his pie hole and let his guests answer the damn question.

Maddow is adorable.  (Yes, I know she's gay.)  But I think she's cute as a button, smart as a whip and fun.  Good journalist?  Meh.  That's a stretch.

Scarborough is a rightie I admire for occasionally being willing to touch the sacred cows of the conservative right.  Beck, O'Reilly and the others won't do it.  And the libs won't touch liberal sacred cows either.

Other

Seriously.  You didn't even mention the BBC or PBS?  You need to get out more, kid.  None of the above networks...except CNN once in a great while...actually do "news".

Jim Lehrer is great.
Gwen Ifil (sp?) is adequate.
As to banter and analysis, the McClaughlin Group is great fun.

Bill Moyers is one of the last greats.  Ever.

CBS

Bob Schieffer, but mainly because he's just such a sweetheart of a guy. 

Radio

Just about anything on NPR, but Diane Rehm in particular.  One of the finest interviewers in the business.  Scott Simon on Saturday mornings is a real treat.  They still have Dan Schorr doing commentary and analysis.  Not bad, for 92 or 93.  Neil Conan sucks as a host but asks some good questions.  Terry Gross is good, but she has far too many entertainers on and not enough newsmakers.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 05:04:02 PM »

FOX News

I have yet to encounter one, including Alan Colmes, who is not a complete idiot and an embarassment to the fourth estate. 

Shepard Smith seems to be marginaly sane. And his willingness to mock Beck's antics is a considerable plus.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »

Brian Williams
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 10:10:40 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2009, 10:13:08 PM by Torie »

Hume, Wallace, Blitzer, Cooper and maybe Cavuto. The rest on the initial list all suck. I don't know why Medved was not included on the radio list, who I respect, even though I find him a bit rigid at times. 

Among liberals, I like that madman on MSNBC, Keith Olberman (sp). He is a great entertainer. Tongue

Williams is fine. That libertarian guy who does specials is excellent, whose name escapes me.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 07:30:11 AM »

FOX News

Shepard Smith seems to be marginaly sane. And his willingness to mock Beck's antics is a considerable plus.

I was unaware of this.  Bless the boy.  Beck is a loon.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies